CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How do you like your Traxter??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am thinking of selling my DS650 and getting a 4x4. I would like to stay with Bombers, but I don't know how well a Traxter XT would hold up. All the stuff I hear wrong with it in this form, I don't know if it is any good. And I do not care for the space in the middle. Does this thing have power, does it ride good, and most of all, is it worth the money!!!

Old 10-27-2000, 10:05 PM
ksk
Trailblazer

About all I can say is if you want shear brute power for pulling or hauling - the Traxter is da ONE! If you want something comfy to ride - the Traxter is da ONE. If you want something nimble and fast - buy something else. I bought mine to use for what it is meant to do best and I have not been disappointed. For me the Traxter is da ONE. I personnally like the open middle. It works for me.

Old 10-30-2000, 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Hall650, The two bikes are really different. I like mine because it's big, heavy and powerful. Still learning to ride mine but I'd never step down to anything less in size. I like having a tank. I think the cheap days are over for anything above 500cc, and you can get accessories to fit in the dead space if you like. Don't worry about things going wrong with the traxter, things go wrong with everything out there. There is no perfect bike out there but some come close. Have some fun shopping and buy what's right for you.

Good Luck

Old 10-30-2000, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, ksk said it about right,

I feel the Traxter will do as well as any maybe even better,

But your gotta know, some people CAN'T get along with anything and some CAN get along with everything.

Bottom line, it all depends on your likes/dislikes. As they say its your money and you can do alot worse than a Bombardier Traxter.

Mine for over a year has delivered perfect operation, with one minor glitch that the dealer solved real speedo.
I use mine mostly for work, pushing/pulling some sort of dirt racing cars, from Sprinters to Thundercars in mud or dry dirt.
You would laugh as others do when they see how it can handle a Ford Mustang II that became a thundercar.
The Traxter can simply push it out of the mud, off the track to his trailer not caring if the wheels are locked up or not.
If you have gone to the Shippensburg Pa. dirt track this 2000 season, you have seen it in action.
Good luck

Old 10-31-2000, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

I am going to get away from the speed!! I am getting into 4x4 which are not speed demons. When I get my 4x4(what ever it is) I am making a lift kit for it. My dad has shop that I can build one. I saw that one guy Traxter that had 28 inch tires on it. it looked good. I need somthing that will hold up and take a beating in the mud..