CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

nitromethane more HP ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitromethane more HP ??

Derby, I kinda agree with ya on a few things, BUT If I were you I would edit that H word in your first sentence. Thats just too much info,JMO

Old 12-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

First of all it is insulting that you assume none of us are smart enough to figure this stuff out unless you divulge your secrets. Second, why all the secrecy? What podium are you standing on that is in danger of being toppled by you helping a bunch of amatures understand Nitromethane a little better? If I discovered something that really wakes the DS up, I can't imagine not posting everything I could to help others benefit from the find as well.

Do you make your living sand or dirt dragging 300'?

I have a poster on my office wall that shows one kid knocking another kid down and stealing the ball from him. The caption says, "It's best to avoid standing directly between a competitive jerk and his goals".

Don't worry, we won't get in your way. You will still win lots of races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 12-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BTW, Hilborn's website is www.hilborninjection.com. All this witholding information iritates me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

If all this with holding of info irritates you why dont you ask HPR why they done give their lift and duration specs?????? And I think you have to be JUST as "crazy" as you are smart to run that much nitro!!! Yes it can be done... But wear a bullet proof vest when tuning in the early stages.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

C'mon, HPR offers cam grinds that work that you can go buy. I could understand the relevance if HPR went out and said they had the best of everything, won some races then said......."but you can't have any". They engineer it and sell it and have helped lots of guys go fast. That being said, they are earning their money. Totally different scenario then posting incredible claims to a forum then stonewalling. What is the point? If this stuff was really that classified and he was on the verge of being at the top of the game, he would not have let a bunch of forum amatures goad him into throwing down a name!

Nitromethane is not for me. I'm not that serious but I love to learn new things and understand theory. Mario, I already know you are a good guy with a fast DS, since you singled me out I will respectfully ask you why you suggested that Derby edit Hilborn out of his post? (I am assuming because you wanted to make sure everyone saw the name) Again it is a respectful question.

Back to Nitro. Everyone talks about how volitile NM is. My understanding is that it combusts at a far higher temperature and burns much more slowely than Gasoline. Please educate me because this sounds like less volitile to me.

Ron

Old 12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Have you ever seen a top fuel motor come apart? Have you ever seen the safety chains on the blowers? So when they blow apart there is less of a chance of parts going into the crowd and killing people. Now imagine you have a nitro motor between your legs!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Old 12-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Old 12-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm yes well, the Harley drag bikes that I have seen were stretched... I have seen them at St. Louis international race way. I have seen them run 1/8 and 1/4 mile. The guys running them didn't have there "rocks" over the motor, and ther legs where pretty far back as well....

Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I said it once and I will say it again:
"100% with no problems" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha............................X100000000000

When someone can do this the best advice I can give is call Ashley up and have John give Slavinksi his walking papers. I see smoke coming out of her motor every now and then and she is now only running 96%. Then you can move up and take over Coils job!!! Last time I checked there is only two injected motors in the Alky game. There is a reason for that. Like Enforcer alluded to: THEY FIGGIN Burn UP!!!! And I'm not even talking about blown fuel motors...........That is another game entirely, they FRIGGIN BLOW UP!!!!
These people are using SOLID blocks and still they go bang and pieces go flying.

Someone comes on here and says they are going to use a cast stock block "toy motor" with bolts as big as a pencil to hold all the parts together and run 100% fuel in it with no problems. I will be the first to say it's going to be a smoke show. Maybe not on the first run if they are lucky, but it's going to be a smoke show at some point. The pro's are using parts that are designed for fuel and they still go BOOM. At 100% this stuff is a class 1 explosive!!!!! It's made to go BANG for Christ sake!!!!

Hell, with stock cars and bracket drag motors, I see motors blow up on a daily basis, and they are burning straight gasoline. Some of these people have pro built motors and some blow up even with stright gasoline.

DSNUT, you need an arc welder to set the stuff on fire. See those mag on a fuel motor that are as big as my leg? There is a reason for that. Fuel is like trying to light a 2x4 on fire with a match.
About the cams. I would never buy a cam without specs. If I did, it would be no big deal to send the cam off and run it on a puter. There are no secrets anymore. With overnight air I can ship cams, shocks or whatever and find out what makes them tick in no time.

Oldmanracing, judging from your comments, I think you have been around this stuff and know it. I bet you have seen a few motors go BOOM burning fuel??

Have fun with your fuel people, I will stick with turbos and N2O myself.

Quick Reply: nitromethane more HP ??