CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

But, you have not been everywhere.

Now even where I ride "in the sand" with my DS, there is only a handfull of DS's within 3-states. But, I dont say they they are not made for the sand...because I know that there are several DS's everywhere else that perform just great.

I think your just wanting to stir the pot and see how many folks you can get to debate this with you.

But the fact remains, you have not tried one and your speaking from a matter of opinions...enough said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

What I am saying I dont see ANY BOMBARDIER'S in the woods. Nada...>>>>>>>>>

Funny, I see them all the time. Never seen any on the Calif. sand..........Maybe they only the guys up in Wash. are using them in the sand huh?

Just remember the Outlander is stronger, faster and can pull a load a LOT further then the Sportsman so when you finally get that big buck you've been searching for all your life I hope your sportsman can actually haul it out of the woods.......don't bet on it though.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Try giving Bear River Lodge a call. They are located just outside of Evanston WY. There are litteraly hundreds of trails that go from mild to wild. IN THE WOODS TOOO!! Were talking starting at 6000 feet and go all the way up tp 12,000 feet. True hard core mountain riding. They use the outlander 400's as thier rental units. WHY?? because they got one and had all Poo Sportsman 500 prior to them. After seeing how much longer the one Outty lasted and how few problems it had compared to the Poo's they switched the whole lineup. He says that he has never had more reliable machines to rent. He also stated that he gets nearly all 100% satisfied feedback from his renters. I would say thats a pretty strong testimonial of the Outty. True, these are the 400's but the 800 is basically exactly the same with near tripple the power.

Because of this lodge renting these quads, you cannot drive from one end of Evanston to the other without seeing an Outty in the back of a truck. Too bad most people around these parts are simple folk and could give a care less to get on forums like these to talk quads.

If your wondering about the validity of the terrain I am speaking of, ask 650Viper he was just hunting the wilderness area on horseback that this riding area borders. Notice I said WILDERNESS. In WY, UT, ID, MT and other states, WILDERNESS could be translated to deadly nasty terrain. You can also see a few pics on my photo's (finally updated after 3 years LOL) and see this terrain.

Beleive it or not though, I actually can see the writers points in the Outty800 VS. the Poo 800 write up. Less power (poo) will give you more traction as will more weight (poo). Less power (poo) will keep the quad in better control. A less plush suspension (poo) isnt going to sway as much. If you cant go as fast (poo), sure the brakes are going to stop ya better. Whats funny is though, the Outty got superior MPG's. I think I am begining to see the light.....AMEN BROTHER!!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

pastor,

ever time you come on this forum you have something silly to say, what was your point and why come on here and say thing about bombs.. if your lonely get a blow up doll and leave us alone!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chirochris
pastor,

ever time you come on this forum you have something silly to say, what was your point and why come on here and say thing about bombs.. if your lonely get a blow up doll and leave us alone!
Isn't that what they use alter boys for?????

Lord, I am sorry for makin fun of Pastor, please bless the starving pigmy's in New Guinea. AMEN

Old 11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Geez, Come on guys, you are not going to convince this complete IDIOT of anything. Let him waller in his own stupidity and quite responding to his anti-Bombardier comments. All you do is give his Idiotic comments credit.
It's obvious that he works for Polaris, or is in some way affiliated with them or one of Bombardier's competitors (if not Polaris)... I have never seen anyone so pro-Polaris that didn't work for them.

Ignore this guy........I’m calling for a black ball of Pastor..........on the grounds that he/she never has anything good to say about anything but Polaris, always negative, always trying to stir the pot, never anything constructive.

Personally- I will NEVER respond directly to another thing he has to say on this Forum.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

DemonD...Thanks for the great response. Actually...i am NOT trying to start trouble. I sincerely was looking at the new bomb for a tougher than nails mountain machine. However, I couldn't (until now) find anyone that had backwoods experience on one of these. Most of the guys up here are riding the standard brands. My Suzukis are great! Love em. In fact I will not part with them. However, as I said in my original post i need at strictly "utility" machine for the nasty stuff. Yes, my K.Q. can get in there...but..I am looking for real 4 wheel drive and something that can be banged up a bit. Now...what have I done wrong by making a few"original" statements? I am not anti-anyone. I am PRO Suzuki. But....is it O.K. if I look around?

Old 11-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Nope, not okay if you already have your mind made up about one brand and then bother to bash it on it's own forum. Keep it simple, buy a John Deere for your utility purposes and leave us sand thrashers alone.
I guarantee you that if I could afford the Outy 800 I would be all over the woods and trails of California, Utah, and Arizona. Not only a sand lover, I appreciate God's country too, not just the Devil's playground.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are "hyper-sensitive". I NEVER bashed these machines. I didnt come here to do that. If that is what you think...well, you have your opinion.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think everyone in here is touchy when it comes to your topics, especially after you came in and posted about the "ds wake up call". I don't remeber, had even ridden a ds when you posted that?
I remember you saying in a post a while back how the motor on the outlander was awsome, did you not hear it run then? Or where you just judging it on looks? As far as talking to hunters, there arent but an actually small few people who actually post in the bomb forum here. Probably 95% of the topics are based on the ds, and even those topics are usually written by a small number of posters, maybe 100 or so. But I promise there has been more than 100 ds' sold in the USA, just not everyone posts on atvconnection, or the internet for that matter. I think you wouldn't ever get the worth of the outlander over the KQ if all you are going to do is load up dead animals and ride out of the woods. I think you are better suited to be a suzuki or a honda rider. Leave the outty to all the sand crazed young punks who know how to use it for what it was origionally intended to do drag race, and hill shoot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All quads are going to be close on noise level, the gov is going to make sure of that. I say you belong on a honda. There are alot of people in the honda forum that shoot stuff, mainly shoot the $#*.
Later
Justin

PS. Since you hunt bears, maybe you should buy a Yamaha Grizzley or a Bear tracker

Quick Reply: If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one