CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

After this revelation, I got to thinking....maybe I ought to do some investigating and do a story on this. Not singling out BRP (or any manuf'), just the ECU/EFI system and find out what really goes down with this info. Any interest? Of course I'd have to get it approved by the powers-that-be, but I think this is info that needs more attention. What ~really~ happens to the data that is gleaned from the public when they have their ECU equipt quads (vehicles?) serviced?

Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 04 Outty 400 XT and I do beat it and plow with it. I don't hunt with it but my buddies want me to hang around the phone during Moose season. In the woods here in New Brunswick Canada I'm sure the trees are smaller but we got lots of um plus the East coast is very rugged coastline with, at a guess thousands of miles of trail. 5700 kilometers on it and a few issues nothing serious dealer fixed them. If my pockets could handle it I'd run right out and put my name in for an 800 or wait for the 650. It can only possibly do more than what I have right now. Our terrain is rocky here and the suspension is second to none. You get your Vinson or polaris out and I'll be with ya all the way drag strips excluded of course. And when you do get into one of those situations where you need your brakes to hold you there you'd be hard pressed to beat the Bomb.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
I was really interested in the new bomb 800. All of the specs and raves were pointing toward a revolutionary machine. Unfortunately, this machine is starting to look like "just another fast sport/utility machine". I have had more than a few of these machines and sadly in real world applications they do have limitations. As someone who prefers the most rugged stuff I can get into...this machine looks too pretty and to "sporty" to be of real use in the woods. As I don't see a lot of hunters, guides and true backwoodser's using them so I will passing up this machine. I appreciate all of the bravado and machismo that you bombers have manifested but...your stuff doesn't win ANY awards in the woods. Which I don't understand being made in Canada. So...stay on the sand where you belong. What good is a sand machine in the woods? Maybe that's why so many guys from california buy these things.
hmmmmm, why is it that every time you make a statment along theas lines, it seems to **** folks off, hmmmmmm i wonder why.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

You guys have to excuse Pastor. You see, in this part of the country, there are a ton of Polaris riders, who wouldn't think of riding any thing else, even if they have to become mechanics just to keep their Polaris' running. He also pastors a church where a guy called Ragged attends. Ragged is a member of this atvconnection forum, and he is rabbid over Polaris.

Pastor owns a King Quad, and apparently has been convinced by the polaris crowd that it is an inferior machine, which it is not. It has low range, and a locker up front. It will absolutely smoke Ragged's 500 sportsman, and yet pastor apparently feels that he needs something more. I have never ridden with, or even met pastor, but my guess is that he is not as good a rider as Ragged, and that is why he thinks that his King Quad is inferior.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe if the Bomb weigh'd about 150 more pounds, then it would be a good quad eh?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

could be, but the polaris is better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: phred
I have a 04 Outty 400 XT and I do beat it and plow with it. I don't hunt with it but my buddies want me to hang around the phone during Moose season. In the woods here in New Brunswick Canada I'm sure the trees are smaller but we got lots of um plus the East coast is very rugged coastline with, at a guess thousands of miles of trail. 5700 kilometers on it and a few issues nothing serious dealer fixed them. If my pockets could handle it I'd run right out and put my name in for an 800 or wait for the 650. It can only possibly do more than what I have right now. Our terrain is rocky here and the suspension is second to none. You get your Vinson or polaris out and I'll be with ya all the way drag strips excluded of course. And when you do get into one of those situations where you need your brakes to hold you there you'd be hard pressed to beat the Bomb.
the polaris IRS system is second to none, and first to all.

fred

Old 12-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh Oh someone's got TTI envy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

The BRPs are definitely great ATVs to go in the woods. Every summer, we go north of Quebec for a 1000 miles ride in the abandonned logging roads. Because gas is a rare commodies when we venture north, I especially appreciate the great gas millage I can do with my 2003 Traxter Max (170 miles on a tank).

Another sign that BRPs are great for the wood, the largest ATV renter north of the Quebec province used to rent only Polaris ATVs. They got rid of them and now they only rent BRPs for those who want to venture up north.

If you want to see some pictures of my rides up north, look at some pictures of my rides on my web site:
Click here

Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

If "Pastor" is really a "pastor" I would caution anyone in his ministry not to drink the grape Kool Aide... Sounds like a candidate for the Jonestown Award... You would think that he would have a more ethical type of behaviour....

Quick Reply: If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one