CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

All I can say about this is if the vast majority of us based our purchases on "what everyone else is using" few of us would be owning a Bomb.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Dont know if anyone already posted this but on the BRP website they have a story about a guy who drove his Outlander across Norway.....He was trying to raise some kind of awareness, I think his brother died of cancer or something. Anyway, good story. My Outlander's never left me stranded other then a few flat tires (hardly the machines fault). Took a hell of a tumble on it but that thing kept running.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

I heard that the only ATV that Pastor's parents let him ride is electric powered, made of plastic, manufactored in China, and was bought at Checkers Automotive. All his rants and attempts to create consternation, are really only his desire to be able to some day have a real one, and the knowledge that working at Mac Donalds will probably never make enough money to afford one. Just ignore him, do not respond to him, and it will soon be his bed time.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mudvayne
I dunno much about this stuff but, these sure are ugly bikes. I wouldnt be caught on one of these.

But you would post on a forum in which people own them? Sometimes you just have to wonder about these kids!

No, No, he's talking about his fat tired schwin with the training wheels, the hondas are battery powered so they don't count.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

I recently rode every '06 Ute quad from the 650cc level through the 800's (excepting the AC's) back to back for 4 days in a shoot-out. Tough? The Bombs (both the 650 and the 800) are tough. We beat the sh-t out of 'em. The only thing(s) that broke on the Outties were the aluminum fr. bumper hoop. Oddly, the throttle side broke on both of 'em. Anyway, there is absolutely no reason one couldn't use the Bombs for hunting. The new steel racks are a def. plus and can abley handle a large buck. Truth is, there are ton of bubbas around here that still hunt off of their Honda Big Red 200 three wheelers. To say that ~any~ quad isn't tough enough to use for hunting is nuts. Where the heck are the woods that are soooo tough one needs a tank to hunt 'em? I'd like to ride there. Sounds like fun!
Good Day....

Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4xZuk
I recently rode every '06 Ute quad from the 650cc level through the 800's (excepting the AC's) back to back for 4 days in a shoot-out. Tough? The Bombs (both the 650 and the 800) are tough. We beat the sh-t out of 'em. The only thing(s) that broke on the Outties were the aluminum fr. bumper hoop. Oddly, the throttle side broke on both of 'em. Anyway, there is absolutely no reason one couldn't use the Bombs for hunting. The new steel racks are a def. plus and can abley handle a large buck. Truth is, there are ton of bubbas around here that still hunt off of their Honda Big Red 200 three wheelers. To say that ~any~ quad isn't tough enough to use for hunting is nuts. Where the heck are the woods that are soooo tough one needs a tank to hunt 'em? I'd like to ride there. Sounds like fun!
Good Day....

Very Well Said.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Mr. Sparkysunshine...You know...I read what Pastor said...I dont think he said anything wrong. Whats wrong with a guy looking for guys who use the machine the way he chooses to use it? Nothing. To portary his post as ranting and raving jusy shows how immature and directionless you are in life. I will be buying one of the Outlander 8oo's but it wont be because of guys like you!

Old 12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

What's a portary?

Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

Evidently you have missed all of his other posts. He comes on a site and plays his "I was thinking of buying a XXXX" and then puts a great deal of nonsense about why he will not, and how great his atv is. He then pretends shock and dismay that his garbage is not accepted at face value, and why people get upset. The point is... this has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to know if other hunters use a Bombardier, but only to get attention.. negative attention, but for a childish mind like his, any attention is welcome.

I am going to let your comment go as it is evident that either you have never encountered this moron, or... you know who he is and are playing his game. If you wish to get into a war of wits... make sure you do not add his 10th wit to your thought that it would help taking me on. Before you get insulting, insure that you are aware of the facts.

As to buying a 800, I do not think you will be disappointed. I bought the first one in Colorado, and it's a very awesome machine, almost to powerful in some instances. And I live up in the kind of wooded mountain area that was being brought up. 8750 feet and there is no loss of power as I go up futher. I rode a polaris 700 before I bought the Bombardier and although I thought it was a good machine, when I saw the advertisement in Sams, and went to the Bombardier dealer, all he did was let me ride the machine and it was the difference between night and day. I had already filled out the paper work on the Polaris, and canceled it and bought the outy.

As far as buying the Bombardier ... and not because of "guys like me" no problem, as you should do your own research and buy it on account of you own needs.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

A portary is a "jusy" device that some people must carry with them in case they need to relieve themselves in the woods away from any hunter owned atv's. Keeps the "bares" away

What I would like to know is when Bombardier came out with a 8oo. I have the 800 but perhaps a 8oo is a smaller version of the 800. Inquiring minds want to know. I guess that would be pronounced "EIGHT OOOOOOOOOOOO" instead of Eight Hundred.
Hmmmm, further consideraton of that makes me wonder if it would be an 8 cc engine which you then say "OH" when you find out you did not get 800 cc's. Like buying a Polaris 800 which is only 760 something cc's .. like "OH" I thought it was a full 800.
As an aside... I do hope they solved the melting plastic issue, because I have heard some good things about the Polaris 800 machine... but "OH" having your body material melt around you would be "OH" so not fun.

Bombardier 800 set up for PPARES and Search and Rescue work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Does anyone know if a strong battery can be substituted for the stock one to run 2 meter 440 radios ?

Quick Reply: If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one