CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lights for night riding

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights for night riding

I was wondering what everyone uses for running at night. For some of us, we just don't see as well as we used to at night. Does the stock light work well for most ? How many watts can I add to the DS lighting system? I'm really just looking for ideas and or options. Mostly riding the dunes at night.

THX, JG

Old 11-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

i have an HID bulb in my stock light, works pretty darn good

Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Joeygo,

I am not a big night time dune rider so the more light I have the better I feel about it when I do do it.
I run 55w Xenon light bulbs from Ricky Sator... they were like 7 bucks each and Fing work Great ! Proabbly the best product I have ever bought.
I run them in both the regular head light and my Baja lights as I have the 04 Baja model ! I have not had any charging battery issue to date. So the extra amp load is not that bad !
Now I just wish I had some thing on the handel bars so I can see what I am turning into !
But they work great ! and you can't beat the price !
ILIVSD

Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

If you want to add additional lighting, try to stay with 55 watt lamps. I added a pair of lights from WalMart (14.97) and they worked fine, even after it rolled.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Check out my Pic #1. Its a lighforce set up and the lights from Light force for this system puts out 690,000 candleights EACH. I have an easy way to mount them. Sandteck racing in Vegas hooked it up for me for $500 bucks, But the bulk of the cost was a custom mounting bracket, Which I took off and mounted them to the frame with ease. You can get different colored lenses, I have red and clear But yellow should work nice too.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Im looking into E bay on a HID conversion, but Im still Deliberating to put the 04 lights (H3) on and go with the 2 HID's you can get a set for 200 bucks, that alot of light! or just go with the 2001 H4 single, bummer no High or Low beam with HIDs.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I currently have 2 Trailtech MR16 HID lights mounted in the stock location. I have tried a few light setups in the past, so far this my favorite. I got some pics of them on my web site.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the response everyone. ANNIHILATER your killing me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 690,000 x 2 How do you keep from melting the sand? real nice setup but the cost is a little steep for me. Do you like the lights mounted that low or is it better a little higher?

" i have an HID bulb in my stock light, works pretty darn good" FWF Does the HID need a ballest? Is this some kind of conversion kit and how much does it cost?

ILivSD, Is this a plug-in and go application? I like the price.

ERBEDS650 -------- when you figure out your lighting, post some pics for the rest of us to get some ideas.

The other question is about beam pattern. What do you like or dislike about the setup you have ?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Joeygo,

Yep, just like a stock lightbulb ... no wireing mess to deal with.
They put out a nice super white light.
Its the best 28 bucks I ever spent. I bought extras just incase and have not used them but figured .... just in case ?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Joeygo
I was wondering what everyone uses for running at night. For some of us, we just don't see as well as we used to at night. Does the stock light work well for most ? How many watts can I add to the DS lighting system? I'm really just looking for ideas and or options. Mostly riding the dunes at night.

THX, JG
We use and LOVE the Trail Tech lights mounted on the handle bars. I like the front light on HIGH beam for stright ahead and the handle bar lights work great when ya turn to see where your going! but thats just me?!!!

good luck Bud

Quick Reply: Lights for night riding