CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just read both shootouts...Ds vs. Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bash sorry I didnt reply sooner but very busy lately.The Raptor is in a higher state of tune with its 5 valve engine specially designed light weight crankshaft dual carbs light weight and more cc.I have spoken with several after market manufactures and Yamaha spent an incredible amount of time and money on the exhaust and it works very well,so good that they had a hard time improving on the h.p. numbers.The DS has basically a dual sport motor cycle motor with a very restrictive exhaust and rev limiter .With just a big gun exhaust and richening up the to lean jetting the ds takes on a new personality.I am not in any way knocking the Raptor, it is a great quad and I am glad Yamaha has steped up to the plate and given us more choices in the high performance arena.Now if the others would just follow Bombardier and Yamahas lead and jump on the big bore band wagon!Face it neither of these quads were made to be drag racers, each fills a specific need for their owners and I certainly would not sell my DS because another quad beat me in a drag race by 2 seconds. would you?
Bearman

Old 11-03-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Jeese your pretty funny their 300exster.Ive had My Raptor for over a month now and not one problem.Pretty soon your ds will be a collectors item.WHY you ask?Maybe because no one is bying them!!Why you ask again?Maybe because the ONLY thing they are good for is the dunes and their arent dunes all around the US is their.WHY is Scooby selling his DS???Why is everyone selling their DS.Why ask Why.Just look around you.You will see the facts.I will be very supised if the DS is in the lineup for 2002.Maybe Bombardier will come out with their twin cylinder 2 stroke and shock the atv world again.Sales for the DS are going to continue to decline since the release of the Raptor and since they raised the price on the overloaded yellow bomber.Have fun exster and practice up on those whoop sections will ya

Old 11-03-2000, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

x250rDude,
Who say's the ds is only good for the Dunes? My ds is good at everything, because I can ride it good on differnt terrain. Maybe you or somone else cant, but i can...and tell me who needs to be saticfied with it? Me or you? Well obviously me being i have one. So i could care less what you or anyone else thinks about them. Why? Because i can ride it, and i'd be willing to race your raptor, his raptor, or her raptor. Any raptor. The ds isnt selling as well because its not as well talked about and not very many people sell the bombadier Ds650. Even if they did have alot of people selling htme, and noone was buying, once again i dont care, i ha ve one, and its a great machine. The comments you are making are based from the magazines that i (and obviously) you have read. If that is the case, i dont think you sho uld listen to everything you read in those magazines. Comone you can surly do better thne that

Old 11-03-2000, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

If the DS is not selling that well,how come there gone before they hit the showroom floors?I also believe they are atv of the year.I like the raptors looks and it has plenty of power,but lets also give credet where its do.The DS is right there at the top with the rest of them.

Old 11-03-2000, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

In my opinion the only thing the raptor has on the DS is reverse. Both are high performance hot rods, both are great designs. Both are too high geared to do extreme technical woods riding, but both have great power and accelleration. If the DS had reverse, I don't know if I could choose.

Old 11-04-2000, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer

My DS won't be for sale any time soon. I have had it since march and have not had any problems with it other than not getting to ride it enough. I did have too jet it when I bought it but that wasn't a big deal to me, I knew I would be into the carb soon anyway. I am very happy with the ds overall in performance and handling.

Old 11-04-2000, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

XR250Pud you better go to cycletrader.com and check your facts. There are 29 Raptors currently for sale and there are 9 DS's for sale. So who is selling there quads? 2 dealers here have Raptors on the floor and are currently sold out of DS's.

QuickDS
14.60@85
Still stomping Raptors daily, who's Raptor is next?

Old 11-04-2000, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I was Reading the these posts & became interested to see what X250RDUDE was going to say next ......Bye Bye...X250RDUDE

Old 11-04-2000, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I just have to add my part in this here conversation!!! The reason so many Raptors are for sale in cycletrader is because low-life theiving peoplr go out and by them, mark them up themselves, and turn around and sell them for $500 more than any body else!!! Everybody and their brother wants one and are willing to pay that!!! I'm sure if you picked up a cycletrader back when the DS or EX first came out, you would see them same exact thing!!!