CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!

By the look of the quad in your signature, I wouldn't drive 17 hrs to a competition either. I would move my house within walking distance of a parts store![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Welcome to the Bombardier forum.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
By the look of the quad in your signature, I wouldn't drive 17 hrs to a competition either. I would move my house within walking distance of a parts store![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Welcome to the Bombardier forum.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

There isnt a tree?????

I dont see any bashing, just a little confusion. From all the posting, I too was thinking this was an organized event, as Im sure some others were also. The fastest from our area were already making some plans to attend, but in light of there not being a tree, payouts, trophy's or bragging rights, we will probably reconsider. No offense, its just a long drive for us, and at the event is NOT the time to find out about thest things.

p.s.
If you think quadbart has an unwelcomed attitude, and you would prefer to do without his kind, you would be missing out. Hes been a die hard drag racer for years and has promoted each and evey event in our area, not to mention pinning a thread on His website, advertising YOUR event.

enough said,
Merry Xmas,

Gary

Old 12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

By the way,

DSNUT,

Maybe you should get some facts straight before you open your mouth to insert foot.
Quadbart is sporting a gsxr 1000 in that junker yamaha of his, which is in the process of getting the Hahn turbo installed. HHHHHMMMmmmmmmmmm
Welcome to the real world!!

Old 12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DStroyer
There isnt a tree?????

I dont see any bashing, just a little confusion. From all the posting, I too was thinking this was an organized event, as Im sure some others were also. The fastest from our area were already making some plans to attend, but in light of there not being a tree, payouts, trophy's or bragging rights, we will probably reconsider. No offense, its just a long drive for us, and at the event is NOT the time to find out about thest things.

p.s.
If you think quadbart has an unwelcomed attitude, and you would prefer to do without his kind, you would be missing out. Hes been a die hard drag racer for years and has promoted each and evey event in our area, not to mention pinning a thread on His website, advertising YOUR event.

enough said,
Merry Xmas,

Gary
Gary, I dont think Quadbart is a bad guy. I just think that he came off the wrong way. Hey, Maybe it was just me. Im honestly the one who will be buying this tree if all works out. We raced down here for "bragging rights" this year and are hoping to stepping up to the next level in 2006. I dont have any affiliation with Catahoula Recreation and the money will be coming out of my own pocket. I have actually thought about the trophies which will come out of my pocket as well. I guess what Im trying to say is that this started off as a big bunch off buddies getting together and having a good time and we are hoping to move on up. Yes, we will include payouts, in time. I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

PS: I didnt think that I stated anywhere in my advertising that there would be money, lights and a payout. But we are certainly shooting for that. Afterall, we do have 3 months to make it happen. Hope no harm was done. Because no harm was intended.

Scott

Old 12-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

No harm Choose,

I just wished we lived closer to where the action is. LOL

Gary

Old 12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DStroyer,

Obviously we have a misunderstanding. I assumed Quadbart had a sense of humer by the way he described his bike in his signature. Everyone else parades their upgrades, he had a unique and actually really funny description. I was not disrespecting him, I was trying to add to his humor, then I welcomed him to the Bomb forum. I am relatively new so I hadn't ever seen his name before. No disrespect intended.

It is risky to tease on a forum when words make up only about 7% of communication. I was hoping my [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] would help me make my intentions known.

Have a good day!!

Ron

Old 12-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Some of you guys are pretty grouchy for being so close to Xmas, Holiday stress taking its toll??

Some important facts about the Clash of the Titans:

1) Choose is a hell of a nice guy who is even funnier in person that he is on the net
2) The track is soft, deep sand that's kept laser level by another nice guy, Dennis the owner
3) Them coonasses can cook, I had Jumbolaya last year that still makes my mouth water when I think about it
4) There are wicked fast machines at Sicily, 4-5 across quickly separates the runners from the rest of the pack
5) If you need money or a trophy, I think you lost the heart and soul of drag racing - bragging rights
6) The track is open the whole weekend, you can go wrench for a while and then go to the track to try again
7) There are miles of trails if you have a 4wd, it's not all about drag racing
8) Beer drinking and fireworks are permitted

If none of those sound like a good time, you should stay home.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ub, is right about the Clash. Its not a sanctioned event. But the winner always walks away with bragging rights. Sure money is nice, but this race is for everyone. Not just the die hards who want to up 100 dollars to race. If your one of those, dont come. Save your vacation time and money for races like Planet Sand.

But for those of us who will run anyone and everyone, any chance we get. Then make the trip, Its worth your time. Great people, awesome racing, and smooth sand!!

If thats not enough for you, talk to some of the die hard racers that keep coming back. Choose, The Bom, Finishline, Dollar, Ub, Silverbullet, Ernie660r, Bob Craycraft, and many more.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I love you guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

All is good here. I mean no dissrespect to anyone here.
Just trying to get some facts about the event. Im kinda funny about knowing as much as I can about an event Im thinking about attending.

Like Dstroyer said, there's a pack of us up north here that are/were thinking about hoofing it down there.
But I think everyone can understand, If you go anywhere, whether it be a car show or a drag race, whether it be 15 miles from home or 1500 miles. If you get there expecting one thing but find something totally different. Theres gonna be some dissapointed and upset people.

So I think its only fair that we know exactly what to expect. Thats all Im asking for.

Its not that its all about the money. But you know what? Its nice to hit some races where youve actually got a shot at recovering some of your expenses. Most races we go to dont pay $$$. and thats fine. I race at em all. But does that make me a money grubbing bad guy because I ask?

Does there need to be trophies? NOPE. Ive raced plenty of times where Ive taken 1rst or second and walked away with absolutly nothing. And thats fine too because I knew about it going in.

And you know what, it aint all about bragging rights all the time either. Im not the kind of person that feels a need to build myself up and make myself look like some super racer by listing all my wins in my sig. like others need to. That aint me.

Its just about fun of racing. How often have you all gone somewhere and been dissapointed ONLY because its not what you thought. Whether people like to admit it or not, that initial dissapointment can take the fun out of an event.

So I just like knowing exactly what to expect. I didnt think that was asking too much.

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2006!!!!!!