CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
I feel the love in this forum!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Jed, when the name calling starts, then you know its really over! LOL

Old 12-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
I feel the love in this forum!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Jed, when the name calling starts, then you know its really over! LOL
I dont think we will get to the point of name calling over here in the bomb section.....we are grown boys.....oooops, I mean men, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: MisterHP
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Yeah, It even wiped the grin off his own 800cc in the builders class remember?. His bike ran very strong I can say that, It was also 100lbs lighter than my bike with WAY less rotating mass also. My bike didnt do to bad being a bike length behind him for the mess of an engine I was running at that time. I didnt want to have to say this but ... And Saturday If anyone saw I ran my bike into the ground and wiped the grin off many of faces even the stock bore... I dont want to have to bring up this BS again. But they never gave me any credit.

And what do you expect me to get out of 180psi... Thats what it is period. Yours is 220 psi (static compression) what is yours? I dont know what mine is or I would have posted it... I run 110 to be safe, I havent tried to see what will make it ping!
Why are you looking for credit from us? I hope you got that run on video where you beat me on Saturday so everybody can see my hands got shook off the handle bars in the woops. And then I proceeded to make up ten bike lengths on you and you were definitely spraying nos because I watched you purging it just before we pulled to the line. You were running a twist throttle and the nos button was on the right side of the handle bars right beside the twist and I listened to the motor when you reached over and hit the button. If you have that video I would like to see it. And there are lots of video's of the 800 running, it's easy to see he couldn't hold the front end down, too much power. I never brought up the Saturday race because it didn't mean much since my hands got shook of the handle bars plus the fact that I tightened up my suspension and asked you to run again and you wouldn't.

BLA BLA BLA!!! Ya right man!! You got more excuses and ways to dog everyones "ELSES" products but your own. keep fueling the fire!!

And 10 bike lengths LOL, you definiatley have some issues.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Dont worry Glenn, Im still waiting for that group hug!!
All right lets all gather around and sing coom bye ya LMAO

Old 12-18-2005, 04:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

OK IM saused up NOW!! Yall want to go there. Let me know!! ILL BRING it. Dont make me let the flood gates down.

Start liftin some weights and maybe you can hold on next time.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
5X
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
OK IM saused up NOW!! Yall want to go there. Let me know!! ILL BRING it. Dont make me let the flood gates down.

Start liftin some weights and maybe you can hold on next time.

LMAO

Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

I got say it....

That was funny, I don't care who you are.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: MisterHP
Bigdaddy is running a set of HR3's with 10 degrees less duration than normal on the intake cam. They were set up this way to make the motor accelerate quicker because of his 300+lb weight.

In case nobody caught it Mario was running a DRAG PIPE!!! I'm really suprized that Mario's motor didn't out do the 730 by more than 1hp since the 730 is running such a small intake cam and inframe exhaust.

Let's see....stock bore drag motor with drag pipe and drag cams VS big bore trail motor with small cams and in frame pipe. Basiclly making the same power. Now the way I see it Bigdaddy has drag bike power with a dune/trail motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am VERY suprized to see such small cams pull out on top with the highly touted A1/A2 cams especially seeing that the A1/A2's had a drag pipe to help them carry out in the higher rpm range. The big bore usually soak's up intake duration causing the motor to "fall off" on the top end but Bigdaddy's motor kept pulling with the high winding stock bore, amazing!
So am I reading this right , you put lower performance cams in Big Daddys to help the performance? Obviously it didn't help the torque or hp over a stock bore, stock valve, boat anchor piston, lazy cammed motor? I think you missed the boat on this one
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 02:33 PM
amd
Pro Rider

YES that is some funny stuff right there. Annihilater is all worked up now. LMAO!!!!!!!

And I knew I should have made a trip to Oklahoma and bought that all out stock bore drag motor from Bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: crazypainter
So am I reading this right , you put lower performance cams in Big Daddys to help the performance? Obviously it didn't help the torque or hp over a stock bore, stock valve, boat anchor piston, lazy cammed motor? I think you missed the boat on this one
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I don't think everyone here is comparing apples to apples. There are too many different variables between the two setups to just be comparing engine size. Mario is obviously running a good setup, and he is very pleased by it. At the same time Bigdaddy has also stated that he has seen significant improvements over his previous engine setup and that he too is pleased by his current engine. It seems everyone is jumping on HPR for the "low" 730 dyno # except for Bigdaddy. We all know Bigdaddy is not shy and would of said something if he was disappointed with his 730.

If we took Mario's current engine, added 80cc to make it a 730 and kept everything else the same, by simple math we would see higher dyno #. Does anyone disagree with that?

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno