CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
If a good stock bore can do that, lets see what two good big bores can do? Only one way to know the REAL TRUTH!
Mark, April is the time for the real truth!!!!! ALL is welcome!!!!!! SHOW WHAT YA GOT!!!!! and get ya sum

Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Mario,

I have read a bunch about your motor, sounds like its a mover. I understand that you bought it from bigger when your 720 finally ate it.

So what makes this stage 2 tick? Is it a stage 2 or is the head ported?
I know allot of people running stage 2 or even stage 3 and are not nearly as happy as you are with your motor. What makes this package work so well? Can you spec it out for us so others on here can share this same package.
What kind of piston and CR? valve size? porting?
Is the bottom end stock?
I believe I read that your are running off the shelf A1/A2 cams, are then in the marked locations or are they advanced/retarded a tooth.
I assume you are running the single 48hv with a ported intake?
What ignition?

Scott How have ya been, long time no see.

From what I know it has 180 psi

A1 A2 cams I dont know where their set in the cam sprocket.

The bottom end has just been cryoed and back cut NOT overidden

The piston is a ron wood

The head has been decked

RW CDI

the head has a port job So its a stage 2.5 like I have stated in the past.

Stock valves

Stock valve springs

And Sandbomber--- Let me know when you go to Planet sand drags and Ill be sure and send you a Picture from thecrazy horse 2.LMAO!! I have to go out for a few, dont get too crazy tonight

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Guys, guys, guys.... let's all remember that we're supposed to be pals here.

this was what I had hoped wouldn't happen. For so long, we have been looked at as a community that is tight knitt and extremely inteligent. Let's not lose sight of that. We're starting to resemble the yamy forum.

as far Mario vs Mike, Stage 2 vs HPR 730. I don't want to be a part of that, and I'm sure that in the scheme of things it doesn't matter one bit. I talked about the Bigger motor after I installed in the Ninja frame. It's a beast. And Randall gave that motor big props - heard it with my own ears. The 730 is the biggest HP gain that I have had since I bought the bike new. I KNOW that there is more there, and I'll prove that in the next few weeks.

No matter what happens, please remember that we should be good men first and foremost. DS bench racers far after that.

Mario and I don't agree on everything, have two completely different lives, don't hang out other than to talk DS, and don't even really know the same people out side of the quad world. But through all of that, we are still Pals and respect each other for that. I'm a motor head through and through, he's a racer that flies by the seat of his pants - and very well I might add. Let's step back a minute and quit comparing, casting stones and picking fights.

Bottom line, I made a great gain with the HPR730 kit. Absolutely what was advertised, and what I expected. Forget the figure, it's not important to know that the peak was on a certain dyno. Just know that I made 10plus hp after running a total of one and a half tanks through the new build with a total (honestly) of about two and a half minutes of tuning. If you would like to conclude that that is the best the 730 can do..... Then you should stay away from it. How's that for honest? If however you think that a stage 3 (yes I said stage 3) can't produce as much as a 730... I'm here to tell you that this motor that Mario runs is a monster. But lets remember that the stage 2 is really deceptive.... it's more than a stage 2. It's got bottom end work, advanced timing, stock valves but very good porting and a shaved head for high compression, running a drag pipe.

No one is pressuring you to do either. But what ever you choose...... be kind to your DS brothers. There are VERY few of us out there.

Also, even if I made or Mario made 85hp...... we would still be getting our back sides handed to us by a certain Vforce that will remain nameless. That particular V is running 110 at the crank and a 50shot of BOON. All inside of a drag ready frame/setup. We'll both see the ol' tail light.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

one more thing!! Bigdaddy I wont call you MIKE anymore I dont know you well enough!! LOL

Second, I have not casted a stone. I actually reffered the HPR OR the PAMI kit to everyone on the other thread.

You had nothing to do with me posting this I am my own man.

And You told me I should be proud and you know IM NOT.. Im not no where near done w/ this motor.

And dont try to diss-associate yourself from me just cause your not allowed out of your neighborhood to come kick it. j/k

Ill see you at the dyno PIMP!!!

I might even have margaret screen my calls for now on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Schmee, somebody proved what? That one dyno shows higher numbers than the next? Where ya been, thats been a known fact for a long time.

what has been proved is that yes fast bikes can only be 50 some hp. and a hpr 730 is not a guarenteed 70HP!! that is whats been proved!

crazypainter bike is only like 56 hp and its not even a bike behind zombies 83 hp raptor.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also admit im running BAGBALM on my bearings and carrier w1ingnut as my witness. But that dang tornado at Dumont packed enough sand in there so I need to re-do it.

Also speaking of sand storms, Next time anyone goes through a sand storm at Dumont, I highly recomend they do not start their bike until carb and snorkle are checked for sand. I had sand that blew up through the pipe and into my head and alll the way to the carb and snorkle. I knew NOT to start it and I took a high pressure Vacuum from carb at WOT and got it all out BEFORE fireing it up. Theres a little food for thought. ANY pipe that is can be open to this headache in disguise in these conditions. Also vacuum from pipe TIP after a sand tornado.

And lets not let this give HPR any negative attention. This is honestly not what was intended. But If I was killed in HP comparison whos to say it wouldnt have been posted. Ive always like Eric as a person wheather he knows it or not and think he is one of the best DS mechanics out there. He is a great guy. Just for the record. And the lectron and drag pipe LIKE IVE ALWAYS said are top knotch stuff.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Don't worry be happy. I intend to send a lot of big bores back to the there trailers with stock bore premium fueld bikes.
And these are good honest southwestern #'s ive said it a hundered times both bike would have SCORED HIGHER back in the bible belt i think it has something to do with there faith in god???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

GOOD JOB BOTH GUY"S YOUR BOTH HAVE SHOWED YOUR CLASS ACTS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Mario for posting all the specs and not keeping it top secret. So you have no idea what CR you are running? I assume its some what hight with the decked head and RWR piston. What octane fuel are you running with out any pinging?

From what I understand, 180psi doesn't really tell us much. Static compression (I believe its called static compression?) is highly dependent on the cams, as some cams releave more pressure then others. I know my engine is around 220psi on my gauge and I check it now and again to make sure its not dropping (early detection for ring or valve damage).

Everyone that was so shocked how well your stock bore engine is doing, they obviously forgot about Eric's stock bore at 4SW. That too wiped the grin from some of the big bores!

Old 12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, It even wiped the grin off his own 800cc in the builders class remember?. His bike ran very strong I can say that, It was also 100lbs lighter than my bike with WAY less rotating mass also. My bike didnt do to bad being a bike length behind him for the mess of an engine I was running at that time. I didnt want to have to say this but ... And Saturday If anyone saw I ran my bike into the ground and wiped the grin off many of faces even the stock bore... I dont want to have to bring up this BS again. But they never gave me any credit.

And what do you expect me to get out of 180psi... Thats what it is period. Yours is 220 psi (static compression) what is yours? I dont know what mine is or I would have posted it... I run 110 to be safe, I havent tried to see what will make it ping!

Old 12-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATERI dont want to have to bring up this BS again. But they never gave me any credit.
Brings the "PIGS" to glamis and you will recieve very much credit from all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno