CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

BIG MIKE- You need to realise you probably did a great port job on your head. Im not ******* or trying to downplay anything. BUT the fact of the matter is.... That HPR dyno gets 45-46 hp on a stock bike. The dyno we used gets 32-34... Thats a 10 hp difference at least. DONT get pencil whipped here. A dyno is just a comparison baseline you know that. And WHen I got the bigger valves I did not feel that much of a gain just from the valves on my other motors.

Mike you need to give yourself more credit for your building skills. You know your stuff.... On any other dyno we both would be in high 60s. Just a # though. You found the sweet spot on your top end. Unless there was another pj you could have tuned on. We'll get them up there even higher. I personally think its those trick valve spring you got[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]lol

Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

catchmeifyoucan's bike dynoed 74 with off the self parts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just wait till it gets dialed in with the new race head. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

YEH ya slapped him around pretty hard Mario LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What are friends for huh?

Old 12-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Id do anything for Big Mike and he knows it. And YOU to Glenn. You guys are great people. These are the lowest reading dynos in town. To the first impression of these #s they look low and people think it aint nothin. HPR dyno is probably right on like other dynos its just reading higher IMO.. People look at these #s and think its nothin special But on other dynos they would look HIGHER. Now all we can do is go back and do some more testing. I think I can get up to 65 ho on alky w/ this low reading dyno.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bottom line is the fact that both bikes were dynoed on the same dyno at the same time. No hidden agendas. Enough said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Bottom line is the fact that both bikes were dynoed on the same dyno at the same time. No hidden agendas. Enough said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Alright guys, yall didnt really think that I was serious now did you.....come on, Lets keep this discussion going...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just jabben at ya Mario!!!! If guys new what my 20mill shee dyno #s came in at they would want to race it LOL mistake for sure. Its about getting the #s higher and higher each trip that counts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and bringing home the wood on the wall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
NO WAY! that cant be!! something is wrong!!! LOL

Old 12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also have to give BigMike props for having a such a nice bike as a whole. Hes got gadjets and gizmos EVERYWHERE guages sneaky shut off valves under the seat, built in nos pressure guages and an overall clean bike. Mine is just all ninja'd up I cant say its the prettiest thing by no means lol. He also has an extra 25 -30 hp on tap than I do. I really wish he would get the TI axle and some tripple buffs all the way around lighten her up and cut that thing loose. If we had 300ft drags around here we would probably lighten the heck out of our frames or build a drag frame. But sinse all there is for us here is a beat up hill to have our bikes run, it wouldnt make sense. And Mike likes to trail ride and hes got great bottom end torq for that also. He ripped my bike off the trailer and the suspension was sooo stiff the whole bike almost broke in half!!lmao. no joke.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Come on now.... only thing that broke was the left shock mount.

I'm not mad at the guys doggin' my sled, just wanted to let them know that apples aint apples.

Even if I had 75 without the juice, I'd still be slow. I'm giving up 170lbs every time I line up. I'm extremely happy with my ride but i'll never be content.

I'm sure that I'll be looking into the race head before next season, but I really need to get started on my rail. In the end, the DS will probably just go up for sale after the rail is built. Hopefully in the next year or so. ONce you have a rail, the DS just doesn't do it any more.

The first rail I built had about 12 inches of travel and little pinto motor. That was a flat out ball, however I really wanted a long travel. Sold it and started messing the Bomb. When I had the rail, I had sooooo much fun and such great success I didn't even think about my DS.

Not to worry though, I'll get more out of my 730 that that puney stage two...... I might even have more by next week! SECRETS, SECRETS, SECRETS......

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno