CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Range Rover
Keeps busy in the garage building one thing or another.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
So, Is it safe to say that a all out race everything 730 kit should produce close to 80hp when properly tuned?
Back to it depends on who's dyno.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

95% of the drag motors I have running can be trail rode. No heating or lazyness on bottom.

10 degrees on the cams is right at 1 tooth. If your custom cutting cams,Why?? As far as the A1A2 cams go, I though they were off the self junk??? Not DRAG cams.

The pipe difference may have played a 3-5hp gain over the RW mod pipe. But the 730cc should have easyly made the difference over 650 with its custom cams.

BigDaddy, don't believe everything you read on different web sites!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Range Rover
Keeps busy in the garage building one thing or another.

I think its more important as to how long you can stay at 80hp or whatever hp on whoevers dyno. Less shifts would seem better than peaky hp numbers

Old 12-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Geat point Jeff. I didnt know the a1a2 were drag cams. My motor is no where near drag. Its not even set up for regular GAS... Its set up for alky dynoed with GAS carb. Its only 180 psi for compression.

And I could trail this motor ALL day long, It runs cooler than mikes due to how rich I run the bottom end. I made 5 passes on the dyno and it didnt even get past 160 degrees. lol

Old 12-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Let's see....stock bore drag motor with drag pipe and drag cams VS big bore trail motor with small cams and in frame pipe. Basiclly making the same power. Now the way I see it Bigdaddy has drag bike power with a dune/trail motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I had a drag motor all this time and didn't know it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Mario.... I should have charged you TRIPLE!!! LMAO.

Bigger.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Let's see....stock bore drag motor with drag pipe and drag cams VS big bore trail motor with small cams and in frame pipe. Basiclly making the same power. Now the way I see it Bigdaddy has drag bike power with a dune/trail motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I had a drag motor all this time and didn't know it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Mario.... I should have charged you TRIPLE!!! LMAO.

Bigger.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL

Old 12-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter

Bigger.

WOW! Im kinda feeling like a big league player since my "drag bolt-on motor" pulled 58hp on the dyno, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
This thread is going bad real quick.....

Before we start going into some sort of mob linching,
I know what MOB LINCHING feels like on this forum, this AINT IT! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

OK, OK, OK I will admit the secret of this so called drag motor I bought from Bigger for $1200... Well, Kyle told me that there was some special cow chit that was on the valve cover that was magical. lmfao

This little stock bore revs pretty fast for being on gas. BUT My old 730 made 10 more ft lb torq than this motor ON THE DIESLE DYNO with my modded RW pipe. FYI

Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
OK, OK, OK I will admit the secret of this so called drag motor I bought from Bigger for $1200... Well, Kyle told me that there was some special cow chit that was on the valve cover that was magical. lmfao

This little stock bore revs pretty fast for being on gas. BUT My old 730 made 10 more ft lb torq than this motor ON THE DIESLE DYNO with my modded RW pipe. FYI
Thats just wrong!!

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno