CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

EVER RODE KILLPECKER?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVER RODE KILLPECKER?

killpecker dunes in wyoming near rock springs? anyone ever been there? it's rated in the top 10 dune area's in the us. saint anthony's was rated number one beating out glamis!!!

Old 12-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

ya I read the review too, kinda nice being smack dap between the #1 and #3 ranked riding area in the nation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I didn't realize killpecker was as large as the rags stated it is, haven't been there yet.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

hey jeffroe

where is this info coming from? how does Silver Lake sand dunes rank?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

atv rider magazine. sorry silver lake didn't make the list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] you know it's to bad michigan wont open more area along the lake!! there is so much more sand out there, it could be like pismo but no 1 mile square with the sand cops watching from every where. we will be coming back out to silver lake this spring with the new buggy for a test, but it's just so damned small to make it more than a one day trip.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, i wouldnt know about any other sand dunes but silver lake, I never get to travel. I have heard silver lake is pretty small compared to glamis and pismo. wellp i thought id ask.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

JEFFROE, Dude, I have searched Google, Lycos, MSN, etc and cannot find the article you speak of. Went to ATVRiderOnline and even searched there with no favorable results.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Can somebody please post the link? Maybe I'm just a Moron and don't know how to use the computer but I found you guys didn't I?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Ya'll and I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Killpecker??

That sounds like one of my earlier childhood experiences on a bicycle when me feet came off the pedals.

sorry

Later,
Chiknhawk

Old 12-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Found this online link

Old 12-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: BajaX04
Found this online link
Might you have the link to the article that JEFFROE refrenced? Or am I misreading that he read a story on the top 10 dune areas, in one article?
Thanks

Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

AHHHHHH Home sweet home!! I popped my dunes cherry out there man. Thats also where I had to put Disturbed660r in his place. I havent been able to make it out there since I got my Shee late in the season but I plan on being there alot next season. It doesnt really have any huge hill shooting mountains but plenty of good bowls and alot different sand formations than most other places I have rode. The best part of these dunes is the lack of people. I have been there several times when my party along with maybe 1 or 2 other people were all that were out there. Can you say "Virgin Sand"??? Now this stupid rag breaks the secret. I might have to kick them in the junk if they go getting all crowded up.

The negatives are the wind, it can get flat nasty in the afternoons but mornings and evening can be simply heaven. Also there are some of the nastiest razorbacks you will ever see riding there so you need to cruise the area and get to know it before you go ripping around or you might go off a 15ft ledge like I did my first time out there.

As for the name, it comes the the pioneer days. They often stopped in the area, sometimes for days. There was something the water in the dunes that if alot of the water was drank, it could make a man go sterile. thats how they got the name, "Killpecker".

Anyone wants to ride there, let me know, I would be glad to get together and go.

Quick Reply: EVER RODE KILLPECKER?