CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Calling ALL 800cc Stroked DS motor owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling ALL 800cc Stroked DS motor owners

How do you like your kits? I've wanted one for a while and I just about have all the nessessary steps to go thru with it. However I have something nibbling at the back of my mind on this setup. It seems to be geared for drag racers only. I do a little duning, some trails, some MXing, and just riding her around. I bought a Stage III DS off my friend and it hauls but I want more of a broader range. I have had the pleasure of riding a 730 kit from HPR (Bigdaddys) and it felt so much more broader than my old 720 kit. However after careful consideration, the 800cc kit seems to be more for burst of speed not for all around use. I want something that can do it all and do it with lots of roost throwing power and put a grin on my face. So I asking any 800cc kit owners (and I'm even considering 770 kits at this point) do they use thier bikes for anything else other than drag racing or if at all MXing or trail riding, how does it fare?

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I love my HPR 800...It is a great dune machine with no flat spots..I have been running this motor for a year now and it is still running strong...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I was just staring at your gallery page.. the torque curves are making my eyes bug out. Can you put around on this machine would be my better question.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would think any biulder worth his scratch can biuld you a torque monster with good top-end power aswell and it should be just as reliable as a Stocker, so long as it is treating and maintained well.

I know I have seen PAMI engines running for years without any problem at all. But on the same token if you poor on the nitrous and constantly drag race and thrash around on ANY engine it WILL break,and the BIG bore's are a "specialty" engine biuld and cost ALLOT more to repair.

With any size motor you can go from mild - Wild. it all depends on what you want,and how long you want it to last. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

bigger.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Hope you get to Glamis this weekend Kyle!!!!

I think you could run high octane and run the big motor a tad rich and run all day.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

C'mon anyone else??? Need input here...

Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

I can run it all day riding and then lineup for A litte fun. I do have smaller cams then most.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just got back from another week of duning my Pami 760.

Love the power!

Old 01-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have been thinking about a stroker to. How much are you expecting it to cost you?

Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

It is not cheap and a lot of work is going into it. Back cut tranny, if needed new shift forks. While it's apart would be senseless to skimp now. All those steps add $$$. Your going to have to speak to Randal on that one. I just wand big broad power. I know some of you just drag your DS. I defintely want to use it for drag racing and lay a smack down on some of them YFZ (Wayne I'm coming for ya, lol).

Quick Reply: Calling ALL 800cc Stroked DS motor owners