CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

Ron, I dont take it as an attack. I made sure to not mention any names and to write "IF" in my post, so that it wouldnt be a personal attack. And that is the honest truth.

Of course I would defend Jeff in the same situation and I dont blame ANYBODY for defending ANYONE.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Ron, I dont take it as an attack. I made sure to not mention any names and to write "IF" in my post, so that it wouldnt be a personal attack. And that is the honest truth.

Of course I would defend Jeff in the same situation and I dont blame ANYBODY for defending ANYONE.
Good to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You have always stepped up to the task and proved yourself honorable in my opinion. I can't fault you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have a good night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Originally posted by: DStroyer
But there lies my question!!! The frame isnt "factory". The swingarm, arms and subframe taken off the machine completely, still will not weigh in at 315 full of fuel and a nitrous bottle. Ive never seen his bike, but I dont need to see it to know it has undergone alot of hard work and engineering, thus changing it from the factory. Do you see my question.

Thanks,

This is what I pulled off the other web site & everyone plays buy the same rules regarding OEM frame. below vvvv

the only chassis rule is OEM FRAME

you can change subframes, swingers, a-arms all that

you can CUT the stock frame but you cannot CUT AND REPLACE. so go ahead and lighten it up but do not remove tubes and replace them with lighter ones

Bump!
This is a post from page 2 of this tread from BBB= Bikes By Bad

Old 07-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, it sounds like the accusation was that Sandbombers frame was stretched. What a stupid accusation! This is hill racing! What good would that do? The only thing that would accomplish is added weight. In hill racing if you need a stretched frame, it is far cheaper and easier and well within the rules to just buy a longer swingarm!

While a few were salivating at the possibility of a scandal involving HPR, this is the best accusation that is worthy of running with?

C'mon guys! You can do better than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] This right out of the Democratic Party Playbook!!! lol Harry Reid would be proud of this tactic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Below is a another post from the other web site that gives you an idea of what some of the bikes were weighing. vvvv

BBB here, I have had my hands on a few sub 300 rappies that will be there as well as acouple YFZ's in the low 200 range. I hear there are some DS's around 300 as well. I wont worry to much about the raptors if the DS's are that light!

Here is another post from this thread.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSexpress
2Big, I can assure you that Im not one of those "jerks" from Arizona. I think I can read clearly about where you stand and what you mean. Im also one to say what I feel and what I think. I still find it very disturbing to me of how some many on this forum portray to be brothers to the end and then when confronted in real life scenarios they are nothing more than just two-faced people at the very least. Now with that said, I have also found it very hard to take people for their face value. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words.

TheExpress[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I almost forgot about DSexpress popping in this same thread.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Ok, it sounds like the accusation was that Sandbombers frame was stretched. What a stupid accusation! This is hill racing! What good would that do? The only thing that would accomplish is added weight. In hill racing if you need a stretched frame, it is far cheaper and easier and well within the rules.

C'mon guys! You can do better than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
well, you might be wrong on this one *****, because if you stretch the front means you can use a shorter swinger, meaning you can get out of the hole better. and less weight!

but yes glenns swinger was a what +10?

Old 07-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

+2 aarms +7 swinger, Would someone get rcoop out from under the bus LOL What ya doing rcoop??????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSexpress
In such a great place at such a great time, what in the world would possess a bunch of fellow DS owners to disown one of their own? This just has really moved me after reading through all the replies of how well everyone "seemed" to get along. Hmm, maybe there is more to this story....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Ok, it sounds like the accusation was that Sandbombers frame was stretched. What a stupid accusation! This is hill racing! What good would that do? The only thing that would accomplish is added weight. In hill racing if you need a stretched frame, it is far cheaper and easier and well within the rules.

C'mon guys! You can do better than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
well, you might be wrong on this one *****, because if you stretch the front means you can use a shorter swinger, meaning you can get out of the hole better. and less weight!

but yes glenns swinger was a what +10?
Sorry Shmee, that might make a noticable advantage in a 4.4 second race on a 300' flat track but that is not going to change the outcome on Olds hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Did you watch those KOTH videos? How much faster do you think he could have gotten out of the hole?

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!