CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: sandbomber
Thanks Scott, It over and lets move on. Your friend Glenn

Glenn, You and I both know that our roots run deeper than this forum. I hope we can keep it that way, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
This is the way it should be. =]

Old 07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jed,

It’s unfortunate that Glenn has to bear this. However, I will say that this will not be the first time it will happen to him. He'll get a tougher skin (which is pretty darn thick already!) and when it happens again he'll deal with it in his own way. The reason why this happens is because it happens to anybody in the business that’s any good.

Glenn,

I think it’s great that you are willing to call him your friend. I suggest you adjust your trust level with him. I have a lot of friends that have moderate trust levels. Thanks for calling me and letting me know what the issue was. Like I said to you, my opinion of you has not changed. Just keep doing what you are doing, focus on your plans, and move ahead. The customers that don’t buy from you because of this really aren’t the ones you want in the first place. Also, I think you’ll find that this is probably the reason why companies and builders don’t post on this forum. Generally speaking, some people see your success and will try and knock it down. There are probably a multitude of reasons why they do this, but none of them has to do with the better side of humanity.

Scott,

Just so you know, we ALL make decisions in the heat of the moment. I have close friends and even family members that have judged me incorrectly. If anything, it’s a reminder for me not to do so. And even at times, calls into question those to whom I have judged - incorrectly. The best thing to do is what you have already done and did it publicly. That in itself shows a lot of honor. And to be frank, I can count on one hand the number of people on this forum that would have the ba!!s to do what you did in the end.

The problem here wasn’t the fact that someone was called out, the problem was that the initial information was simply baseless. This was nothing more than a fishing expedition and in my opinion, a legally slanderous one.

One final comment, if you guys are actually surprised that this happened, that’s the only thing that surprises me on this whole thread.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
Originally posted by: cynick
I want to start out by saying I have no beefs with anyone. I really have all the respect in the world for all of you. You have all at one time or another helped me when I needed it. You are all great guys and I respect you for your opinions wether it is the same as mine or not.

But saying that I really hope that this is not the way DS Days is gonna be. Because if it is it is not going to be any fun for me and my family. I want it to be a great time for the whole family. And I really want to meet all of you. But I will not subject my kids to this. I don't want them to think it is ok to act this way to other people. They act like this enough but of course they are only 6 and 3 so I give them that. I don't give you the excuse. Sorry. I just hope that this will all blow over and we can all get along. I am on this forum because we usually don't act like this over here so lets try to act like the grown ups we are and everyone say sorry and get along. This makes for an exciting read but it saddens me to see all of you acting like kids. I really hope we can all just get along.

I love ya all and can't we just get along.

Tracy
I dont think you have to worry i see the people involved in this working it out and whom ever needs to eat crow will. Even if its me. I will say i understand you having your boys back Randy apology accepted we are all good your a real man i mean that.

RCoop, thanks man it's good to see we can put this behind us, I appreciate the post.

I look forward to Dune fest and putting some faces to names, making new friends and seeing some old ones[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is turning out for the better. Good job and kudos to the men owning up to there mistakes. =]

Old 07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

the of the things that bother me the most about this is how fast this turned into a was how the people who were not even affiliated with this jumped rite in making a bad situation even worse. i consider both glenn and scott my friend even rite now at this moment and they both know i would do anythibg in the world that i could for them. im not making excuses for what was done on here but for as a friend to jump ship on either one of them what kind of friend would i be. brotherhood above all else except dishonor, that is so stupid. just becouse one our brothers has so called dishonoered the brother hood by questioning another is no reason to turn your backs on him and have him stoned. friends do not turn there back on each other no matter what the crisis is. there was some harsh words said and a whole lot of feelongs that were hurt on here. when someone is blinded by misinformation and strays away from the pack should we just dis own them or should we give them that heart filled lecture and let them know how much they are loved and respected. i saw alot people that was suposed to be a tite knit group throw another friend out to the wolves without even wanting to here the reasons behind what was asked. everyone talks about dishonor but i think a few of you should check your past records before throwing stuff like that out there. none of us are perfect and thats what makes us human. we all have skeletons in our closets that peak there head out once in a while just to remind you of the past. before you all past judgement make sure your slate is clean as well. we all stumbal from time to time but without true friendships we would not be able to keep getting back up. as with some other people on this forum, i saw 2 completely sides of a whole bunch of people, its real disapointing of how we can all go from great friends to turning our backs on one another. for that small group out there that i call friends its up to all of you whether you would like to keep it that way, becouse i would not turn my back on someone when there in need. rite now is when they need our support and guidance the worse. scott things will work out in the end they usually do, and glenn im sorry for you being accused as a cheater but honestly this did your buisiness some good with all the publicity becouse none of the allegations were actually proven. hate me for who i am or like me. im not one of those guys who sits on the fence waiting to jump onto the side who is winning. i want you both to know i feel your guys pain.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

2Big,

Im glad that you had a question on what, "Brotherhood above all else .... except honor" means. What that means is that a person that believes in that, believes that honor is higher on the list of moral principles than simple brotherhood. I dont believe it means throwing out someone on thier ear for any particular reason, because, that wouldnt be honorable now would it???? Its not meant to judge others, but rather how you set standards for yourself. Brotherhood is number two on a huge list of important moral standards by which someone lives by. And is only eclipsed by honor. I'm sorry, but I dont think its a stupid moral code at all. But thats just my opinion.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

we all have morals that we live by , but what makes me mad are the people who live by morals when it best suites them. out here we call it a hypocrit. if i belomged to your brotherhood and you dishonoered our friendship by copying something of someone elses would you want me to just turn my back on you? would you want me to distance myself from you so i would not be taking a chance of financial loss by sticking with you. friendship goes way beyond this dishonor code. i just felt when you posted that it was a terribble thing to do in this situation. when goodsound stepped up and said scott is my friend and im sticking with him no matter what. its was kinda like those stupid little faces being posted with nothing really said other than take that sucker. i dont know about you but i try to live my life with a set of morals that whether my friends are wrong or rite i will be there for them in the end. im not gonna distance myself from them becouse when the sh!!!t hits the fan im scared it might get on me. i dont want you to think im attacking you or anything like that but check deep down in your heart and see if you are that true friend you feel you are, or if you are that salesman that does not want to have cake on his face after its all over. everyone else is worried about there reputation being hurt by stepping up and telling the truth and standing by there friends no matter how it comes out in the end. i hope your not one of those guys who says were best friends and i go to prison and when we get out you dont want anything to do with me. true friends stick threw it til the end, they dont slowly withdraw themselves to save face. i live in a glass house so i know not to throw rocks in it, and im sure you do to. that phrase just needs to be reworded a little bit. dishonor is a big mean word. have a nice night

Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
we all have morals that we live by , but what makes me mad are the people who live by morals when it best suites them. out here we call it a hypocrit. if i belomged to your brotherhood and you dishonoered our friendship by copying something of someone elses would you want me to just turn my back on you? would you want me to distance myself from you so i would not be taking a chance of financial loss by sticking with you. friendship goes way beyond this dishonor code. i just felt when you posted that it was a terribble thing to do in this situation. when goodsound stepped up and said scott is my friend and im sticking with him no matter what. its was kinda like those stupid little faces being posted with nothing really said other than take that sucker. i dont know about you but i try to live my life with a set of morals that whether my friends are wrong or rite i will be there for them in the end. im not gonna distance myself from them becouse when the sh!!!t hits the fan im scared it might get on me. i dont want you to think im attacking you or anything like that but check deep down in your heart and see if you are that true friend you feel you are, or if you are that salesman that does not want to have cake on his face after its all over. everyone else is worried about there reputation being hurt by stepping up and telling the truth and standing by there friends no matter how it comes out in the end. i hope your not one of those guys who says were best friends and i go to prison and when we get out you dont want anything to do with me. true friends stick threw it til the end, they dont slowly withdraw themselves to save face. i live in a glass house so i know not to throw rocks in it, and im sure you do to. that phrase just needs to be reworded a little bit. dishonor is a big mean word. have a nice night

what if the rumor was true and choose was right? would u turn your back on bomber? how did choose now that the info was wrong...he didnt, he does now....but if he was right. what then?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
Scott, you have some good points.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

first off i dont want anyone thinking im against choose. if the allegations against bomber were true i would take him aside also like a good friend should and have a stern talking to him, hoping that the men we are he would come on the oublic forums and tell everyone that he misled us and he was sorry. my point in all this is everyone wants to say how great of friends they are but noone wants to stand behind that. i recieved some calls today that apeciated the friendship that i have with both guys, instead of jumping ship i stood rite in there with both of them, if bomber was cheating i would have taking some blame for not catching it myself and putting it out there. and at the same time im not gonna abandon scott for feeling in his heart that he had credibal information that cheating was going on. i have talked to both of them letting them know where i stand . whats so great about my friendship with both of them is they both stated that what happened here does not affect my relationship with either one of them. friends dont tell other friends who they can have as friends. that is so 6th grade im cant be friends with you becouse so and so is not friends with you. just becouse you and i dont live by the same morals does not mean we cant be friends. am i suposed to not be friends with you all just becouse im muslim and you all are christian s or jews. we all have different faiths and beliefs and if everytime there is a disagreament with each other are we gonna go to war over it. friends are supposed to be there for the counseling of one another. theres 2 guys out there rite now that need someone to talk to becouse stuff like this will eat a man up inside if they dont have anyone to talk to.

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!