CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
This thread has made me stop & think that I'm so lucky. I get to go to work without having to worry about everthing I do being questioned or talked about on the open forums. I work for a small mom & pop business (not me or my wifes mom & pop) that I have to answer to. Then there's the workers who question why do it this way instead of that way LOL. Thank god I don't have my suppliers or customers questioning everything on the open forums.

I think we lose sight sometimes that what we say & do on here really effects peoples lively hoods. Just not there business but family life & health.

I also think that it effects the consumer with how his or hers hard earned money was spent. I know I want to know that I spend my money wisely. If I feel I have gotten my moneys worth it should matter what someone else thinks if I did or didn't.

The builders, suppliers & sales reps that are in this business I have more respect for ya'll today then in the past. It doesn't mean that I won't question something but how I will try to resolve it first before bring it to the open forums. I won't have a problem bring it here, just that I have tried my best to resolve it off the open forums first. Just give me what I want when I want it & cheap LOL.

Now to the forum members which is what to forums are about. The forums are about the members first & the love of the sport. I'm guilty of this, not agreeing with someones opinion so I don't respect them. I should respect them weather I agree with them or they don't agree with me. Respect is a two way street, you have to give respect to receive respect.

It boils down to respect for each other!

very well said joe!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Rocky!

Is that a wink or black eye at the end of your post to me LOL? If it's a black eye I want a peice of him LOL! I'll take a *** wooping. If it's a wink I can handle that too LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That was a WINK!!!!! lol...just how big a boy are u anyway?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Wow I said I was going to stay away from this one but you what I see. A few people say what they feel and thats good. The topic floats around and eventually works itself out. Then all these other guys come on to evaluate what happened and start telling everyone how it should be. It feels more like preaching to me and I only want one kind of preacher in my life. I wont name names because thats not really what I do but when you get a guy or two that most dont feel have much credability and they want to preach on how everyone should act it turns my stomach.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yea Klowns

Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I am sorry if that is towards me I am a Mom and a mediator. If you are talking about me I apologize and will try to keep my opinion to myself. But I really do not have a problem with anyone everyone has always been really nice to me on here and I hope it always stays that way. I am glad that we have a couple of mostly stock bikes so I don't have to be in this fight.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Not directed at you at all

Old 07-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
Wow I said I was going to stay away from this one but you what I see. A few people say what they feel and thats good. The topic floats around and eventually works itself out. Then all these other guys come on to evaluate what happened and start telling everyone how it should be. It feels more like preaching to me and I only want one kind of preacher in my life. I wont name names because thats not really what I do but when you get a guy or two that most dont feel have much credability and they want to preach on how everyone should act it turns my stomach.

Meaner, You must be talking about ODP, Countryjoeglass....just to name a couple.....KLOWNS, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Whos the "KLOWNS"?? be sure and let me know.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Not that I need any heat but I think there is a big difference between defending one person and attacking another. Several of us were compelled to defend Sandbomber..............that doesn't mean we were all attacking Scott.

I knew when the question was posed that this was going to be brutal. I tried my best to defend Glenn without alienating Scott because I thought I was building a friendship with both of them and I had confidence that Glenn was an honest guy. I know Scott is honest to but when I found out who his informant was, I knew the info was probably inaccurate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Both guys I feel are class acts

Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
2Big,

Im glad that you had a question on what, "Brotherhood above all else .... except honor" means. What that means is that a person that believes in that, believes that honor is higher on the list of moral principles than simple brotherhood. I dont believe it means throwing out someone on thier ear for any particular reason, because, that wouldnt be honorable now would it???? Its not meant to judge others, but rather how you set standards for yourself. Brotherhood is number two on a huge list of important moral standards by which someone lives by. And is only eclipsed by honor. I'm sorry, but I dont think its a stupid moral code at all. But thats just my opinion.
Just got back last night from two-weeks vacation! First 2-week vacation in . . . . well, who knows how long. . .

Was wondering what I missed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hit St. Anthony for a week with friends and my Wife and Daughter (ran into Jed and his clan). . . then went to Kodiak, AK for a week with my Dad, Sister and our spouses.

Too bad I had to come home to 111-degree heat!!!

I'm not gonna jump in on this whole mess. I read enough to know that someone didn't like what someone else said. I think I'm fine staying out of it.

My only comment is to expand on. . . "Brotherhood above all else except Honor"

This showed up in my signature a while back when I was getting attacked for my opinions on something I felt just wasn't right.

My example though is from my days in the Fraternity where Brotherhood is preached constantly. Unfortunately, there were occasions where Honor had to be held over Brotherhood. In the short-run you may think Brotherhood is being turned upon but, in the long run a Brother will understand this will benefit them. All that aside, it's just a good saying that helps remind me of how I should act. . . not saying I'm a great example though.

None of what I'm saying applies to whatever conflict occured here. . . I'm still in a good mood from my vacation so, I'm not reading any more of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!