CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Scott, what time will Dennis be opening the gates Saturday morning?? Last event I had to wait outside for almost an hour before they opened.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I have been passing the word around the house about some of these nasty 4x4's coming to the Clash and I have gotten a huge response from the 4x4 crowd around here who want to come out and see this with their own eyes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Its gonna be sweet....to say the least. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Funny you mention that, we were testing saturday at the LS, sand dunes in OK, and had a hard time druming up business till late in the day, where finaly some fast machines showed up. We ended up having our own 4x4 cheering section as we were about the fastest thing out saturday. There was a 520 trinity machine with a small swingarm extention that showed up as we were down to only 400 psi as the Nos tank was running low by then. We still beat him twice and he beat us about 2 or 3 times. Had we had a full tank and 600 PSI like had earlyer in the day we would not had any problem with him, we were showing when we had it on the dyno that every 200 psi was 10hp at the wheels.

They had the gates open to the real drag strip and we road up to check out what a 100 yards really looks like, man thats short. I think the normal distance where everyone always races, is more like 250-300 yards . This will be enteresting. We have a sand drag facility right in our home town that opens next saturday, we are planning on getting both machines on a clock and testing our times in a 300 ft to figure out what it takes to win in a 100 yards. We are use to racing with the knowledge that even if we get a bad start we can still run most machines down. What type of elimination runs will we be having at the clash? I hope its not single elimination.

Hey shotgun, I hope it works out to where you get lucky and can make it, I think we could put on a pretty good show against the sporties. I am thinking of entering the peaks in the Ute class with my big **** on it and put my buddy on the peaks in the stock chassis class. We were looking pretty good against some of the faster sporties this weekend I think we are going to try it. I will know more this saturday after we get some actual clocked 300 ft runs.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

cc1999 i cant wait to see that monster of yours run sounds like a sight to see!!

Old 02-27-2006, 12:06 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I want to see that thing run also.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

I think my bomb is finaly starting to loosen up. The Outy was on rails saturday. The Peaks was needing the bottle to beat it. I was beating some shee's, piped 450's among others with her, pretty easy saturday. If there is some Outy's there besides mine there is going to be a pretty good show, provided they know how to set the machines up for this type of racing.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Still no motor back and Mickey's (FST), not back to work yet, if it doesn't happen by Tuesday, Wed of next week, it's probably going to be another time of me....Sorry.

CC1999, good luck man, show them what you got. If you need anything let me know.

Choose, good luck racing, and good luck to all. Sounds like a good time. Someone get some vids.
Dont worry too much about the vids, theres always abunch of cameras rolling at these races.
Anybody have some videos of the last clash?I would like to have one.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

raw, how was your ride yesterday? wish we knew you were coming up. next weekend we all have to work. were you doing alittle testing or just playing.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CC, It will be a single elimination. You will fair quite well IM sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

The reason I asked was because we had a few bad starts saturday. We had to lift to get the front end back on the ground. We also had the front end going airborn mid track around 35-45 mph and were haveing to get out of it there as well. I am just a little worried, since we won't know the sand conditions ambient temps are till we get out there saturday. The warmer the weather the more hit that Nos is going to have.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hmm, sounds like you need a wheelie bar for that beast. I cant wait to see it in action. We have everybody around here pumped up about seeing these 4x4's run. Im telling you, this is gonna be another event that is gonna be nothing less than spectacular. Just to be a spectator is gonna be worth it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS: Whoever misses this one will definitely regret it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?