CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

Ignorance is bliss!!.

I dont recall stating for anyone to run without a fan. I simply stated that my machine without a fan is just fine.

I dont recall Yamaha calling asking me for any insight on there development of the banshee, so I dont know why they didnt add a fan, probably since its not needed, hmm. But of course, I am sure they called you up to get your input.

It shows your character writing your thoughts behind close doors. If you have thoughts, be man enough to post them on the open forum for all to see!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why a Banshee does not have a fan is anyone's guess, no one here designed them. They are Air cooled as oppssed to our water cooled so I would think it would help. I happen to know that when riding a Banshee full out with the wind at your back, in 55 degree Oregon Dune weather, it will over heat and need to stop and be cooled down. We could run our DSs all day in 90 degree weather with or without the wind and not be forced to stop for cooling (probobly not a bad idea though) Funny, I don't think the Banshee has ever won the Baja race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And wow, I have to write this down....Ron and Gary saying the same thing? A pig just flew by my window [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon, a Banshee is water cooled. And although they might not have won any Baja races, they still are the number one selling quad in history. The Ds's problems are not at hight rates of speed, or high rpm. I would tend to think a bigger radiator would be the best bet, but why spend the money if you can mask the problem for less?

Old 03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Ignorance is bliss!!.

I dont recall stating for anyone to run without a fan. I simply stated that my machine without a fan is just fine.

I dont recall Yamaha calling asking me for any insight on there development of the banshee, so I dont know why they didnt add a fan, probably since its not needed, hmm. But of course, I am sure they called you up to get your input.

It shows your character writing your thoughts behind close doors. If you have thoughts, be man enough to post them on the open forum for all to see!
There is far more evidence on this forum of me being willing to say what I am thinking on open forum than to the contrary. By the way these two threads looked, I thought he simply didn't understand the rough basics of a cooling system so I thought I would explain it in private this time. As to my last comment about his disdain for counsel, that was regretable. I was a little frustrated but I am feeling much better now.

If you want to judge my character, have at it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon, a Banshee is water cooled. And although they might not have won any Baja races, they still are the number one selling quad in history. The Ds's problems are not at hight rates of speed, or high rpm. I would tend to think a bigger radiator would be the best bet, but why spend the money if you can mask the problem for less?
Wow, am I totally off base, the old models were air cooled were they not?

The Banshee's have been around for 20 years, and very well loved by many. I will not deny thier numbers, there are a couple used ones I am looking at for something different here and there. Maybe they have improved thier system from what I was speaking to. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a larger radiator, or more air flow, or increased water through the pump. My attempt was to point out we are comparing apples to oranges in comparing the DS to a Banshee. Is one Design better then the other, maybe or maybe not. Can any design be improved on? Must be the case, or Alba, ODP, HPR, and Pami better prepare for Bankruptcy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I know when I rode at Sand Mt Nevada, it was about 100 degrees outside and I was just dunning. Fan was coming on and off, but nothing too bad (my opinion) When riding Oregon, it may kick on once or twice in the weekend. Based on that knowledge, I too would wonder if we may be masking a seperate problem that could cause bigger issues. I myself would rather fix a problem then mask it, but again that is just my opinion.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't forget, ERBE said he didn't have a problem. He just was curious if anyone had the product and if it was holding up.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2006, 08:19 PM
5X
Trailblazer

Old 03-03-2006, 08:32 PM
5X
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 5X
That HI-flo h2o pump is a waste of money. Better of with distilled/RODO water and water wetter. JMO
Scam It's like the tornado for your car. The stock impeller is plenty. stick with somthing that works, water wetter eight bucks

Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

ERBEDS650,
On my 04 in Utah and at St. Ann's when it started getting hot like over 90-95 outside my fan would run almost constantly! No I was not lean, coolant was fine ect.

I added the CT radiator shrouds from Alba and the problem went away they are in my opinion the cheapest best fix, unless of course you can't run them becasue of fit issues.

Is that the kind of information your looking for ERBED?

Does anyone have data.......ie temp comparisons before/after with the ODP water pump I haven't seen any yet the rest of the opinions seem to be conjecture and theory at best.

I'm glad some of you don't have a cooling issue where you ride, some of us do.
Shouldn't we hear some more real world results before calling it a scam, thats a pretty strong opinion unless of course you have tried the product yoursef.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Seems to me that its pretty "ignorant" to throw your opinion around without any real information/experience with any paticular product.

650Viper seems to think his has helped anyone else got one willing to share some results?

Old 03-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon, they have always been water cooled. But I was using it as a comparison, not that its the same, but its close.

Dsnut, no need to judge your character, thats not me. Plus your presence on this forum shows it just fine.

SLC650, its a funny thing, its always the people that have the "OTHER" thing that claim its usless. Its the same old rant, my bike rocks and yours sucks. Childish behavior at best. I am with you completely, as I run the shrouds and think they helped alot.

But what everyone is not thinking about, is the times when its slow and go, when there is not alot of air movement, is when this thing was designed to work best. Move more water at low rpms. The thermostat was stated as a flow control. And that is correct to a point. Once water is heated to the thermostats full open point, it does nothing but slow the flow. Now if you have this water trickling through the system at low rpms, its not moving enough to cool it. That was Markys theory with the product. My old machine an 03', hardly ever had the fan come on. But my 03'motor in my 2000 chassie, the light came on alot. And even worse, my brothers 04' fan is always on, always. Heck my fathers inlaws 04' is always on. Do I think the stock setup is good? Yes. Do I think it can be made better? Absolutly. So to say a product cannot be improved apon, is ignorance. Is it the cureall? I dont think so. Is it another link to help solve a problem that some of these bikes have? Yes.

Not everyone is going to buy it. If your dont think it works, thats fine, dont buy it.

Quick Reply: ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?