CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

All we are saying is if you are not running in temperatures of 90 deg or more and you have issues that include running warm and excess fan time, it might be wise to rule out any underlying causes before you bandaid the problem with expensive upgrades. You may not need any upgrades at all.

I don't think that is ignorant advice. Regarding the ODP waterpump? If they sell it, it must serve a purpose but under normal weather conditions I have never heard of a DS running overly warm with all stock cooling componentry when the cooling system was functioning up to specs and the jetting was spot on.

ERBE seems to ride at Glamis so i can fully understand him needing to upgrade to handle some of the extreme temperatures down there. I was just looking at my calender when he created his other temp thread about his fan running all the time and assumed even Glamis wasen't getting into the 90's yet since it is only the first of March, so I was concerned there was an underlying problem. Maybe Glamis is really hot already............. about the weather in glamis I am ignorant.

I do appreciate the lively discussion though. I love ERBE's threads..............and its been kinda slow around here lately.

Ron

Old 03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dsnut, I beat you to it. I do agree with your last post. But it has been slow. I havent been this excited to read the forum in a while, what does that tell ya? Yep i'm ready if you are.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Dsnut, I beat you to it. I do agree with your last post. But it has been slow. I havent been this excited to read the forum in a while, what does that tell ya? Yep i'm ready if you are.
Well Dammit! How am I supposed to argue with you if you just agreed with my best explanation of where I was coming from?!?

I could address your personal attack on my character.............

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I do stand by my comment. Although it may be harsh, all this pm crap we keep hearing about is rediculous. If its a personal matter, then great. But come on! Keep the posting to the forums so we all know how you feel.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are certain discussions that are better suited for PM's and certain ones that are not. Could we agree on that?

Old 03-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Absolutly.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
5X
Trailblazer

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp?productID=53&coolantFlash=1

look at this, this is the way I went. I believe this combined with shrouds is the best bang for the dollar. Save your $175.00

Old 03-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I stated that my last sentence in the PM was regrettable (sorry ERBE) so that was kind of my apology for that but I stand by the rest of my message.

You decided that the fact that I sent that post by private message that I have bad character or in other words I am a bad person, right? I can qute you if you like.

Quote from 650Viper about me:

"It shows your character writing your thoughts behind close doors. If you have thoughts, be man enough to post them on the open forum for all to see!"

Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

And I think water wetter is a waste of money. It does the same thing glycol does, makes the water run over edges smoothly, instead of pooling up. Save your money for nice lunch out.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just checking, have you used water wetter before, Viper?

Quick Reply: ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?