CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

400lbs wet is impressive. You need to share your setup. As I will be basically full weight. But I will have an advantage on hp. So its going to be close, even by my bad math.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
The battle rages on!!lol

But only on the bikes!! I do know where you are coming from, refering to my comment " my bike is faster than yours", as I usually feel the same way. But it is, it will, and you will be picking sand from your teeth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And no worrys, I dont take any of this personal. It sets the stage for meeting you, and understanding your view point. Its all good!
I know you must be just talking trash but my setup is going to be a fully dunable 400 lbs wet at Dunefest and we are going to be running a 20 shot with the new BossNoss system on top of the 70+ hp we make on all motor.

There. I've showed my hand. What makes you so confident that I don't have a chance against the Viper?

Ron

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
400lbs, I think your bike is now lighter then me.....um I mean my bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I got an answer from the On Dunes Forum from Calds650, Mine works great keep the temp in the 170-180 range all day.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have nothing to hide. The key to my setup is a chromoly tubing rear axle with all yamaha gear. It allows me to run stock axle width for duning but the axle with everything including brake rotor is right at 13 lbs. It is strong enough to jump!

Up front I will have chromoly A-arms by Dave Moore and Fox FLoat shocks (Huge weight savings) the Floats save close to 18 lbs by themselves. Steering stem, subframe and a +6 ultra light weight Dave Moore Swingarm. Bead to Bead 22" 10 paddle extremes on 8" rims. New lighter battery.

How are you making so much hp?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Dang, where did you pick up the chromoly axle? Thats sounds great.
I figure I will be close to that 70hp+ on all motor, with some major tweaking.......well atleast I hope. And the rest is from a good friend of mine MR Nitrous. I will lay a 30 shot on top of that to start with, and go from there.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Dang, where did you pick up the chromoly axle? Thats sounds great.
I figure I will be close to that 70hp+ on all motor, with some major tweaking.......well atleast I hope. And the rest is from a good friend of mine MR Nitrous. I will lay a 30 shot on top of that to start with, and go from there.
Ok, that sounds good. I know that Dave Moore is doing some stuff for On-Dunes. You might call Glenn and see if he has access to these setups. I am running a somewhat prototype but currently have no problems. Oh I forgot to mention I am running a 520 chain conversion as well.

Are you running stock Bore at 70+? I know it is possible, it is just very difficult to achieve. You are braver than I am to start at a 30 shot. What compression and octane are you running when you try this?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, this will be on a stock bore/stroke. I have been running a 25 shot on a 12-1. I will probably stick with the 12-1...........not sure yet.

Nitrous is a good friend. If you treat him right, he will reward you. You get greedy, and he will shoot you down, fast!

Old 03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
I got an answer from the On Dunes Forum from Calds650, Mine works great keep the temp in the 170-180 range all day.
Good deal, glad to know none of us was of any help for you what so ever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Old 03-04-2006, 02:18 PM
5X
Trailblazer

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Old 03-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

650viper said:
"ts funny how the banshee does not run a fan, yet had sold more units than any other quad. But they benefit from a larger prop. Hmmmm."

Hee hee, all Jap bikes ALSO have bearing rollers vs street bike bushing main bearings (like DS650). You can have them too, but at BIG BUCKS since 1. not stock 2. no volume to pay for tooling. Of course machine shop's tooling cost should be minimal compared with other roller bearing types already supported. No one knows, no one cares, no one wins: lemme' hear ya holler! :-O

Quick Reply: ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?