CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?

for jetting to cause heating issues you'd have to be giving up some serious mega HP. the average a/f ratio for efficiency and emmisions is 14.7:1, but we all know the best power is made around 13:1, but if 14.7:1 is fine for a standard cooling system and a lean condition was causing cooling issues then you'd have to be really be missing some ***** at 15 or 16 to 1 a/f ratio.

if all things check out good, meaning the thermostat is fully opening like it otta and your coolant is properly mixed without too much antifreeze (antifreeze does not dissipate heat very well, the water does the work), and you are still running hot then I would look at octane level just to rule it out. I have recently been amazed at how I am running cooler now with a 14:1 piston on 110 octane than I previously was with 11.5:1 on 93 pump gas.

BTW, Engine Ice does help, it runs cooler than glycol/water mix, it is worth the money, but I cannot speak on exactly what impact it has in terms of degrees because I did other things simultaneously. I have not tried water wetter. the engine ice is premixed, poor straight in from the jug. one 2-liter bottle fills the whole system, and no need to purchase distilled water from the store. oh yeah, if you've been putting city water or well water in there, its likely there is mineral buildup in the radiator and water jacket.

very sorry though, I cannot answer the originally posted question concerning the ODP impeller. i am interested in the answer though.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So engine ice is not the same as water wetter, thanks for clearing that up Hightower.

SLC650 ya, ya think!

Dsnut, back me into a corner eh? It will take much more man than you. If you re-read this thread, you are the only one continuing the personal posts. I left them with agreeing with you, but that was not enough for you. I need no longer respond to your antagonising remarks. I look forward to meeting you soon. Jed

Old 03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
So engine ice is not the same as water wetter, thanks for clearing that up Hightower.

SLC650 ya, ya think!

Dsnut, back me into a corner eh? It will take much more man than you. If you re-read this thread, you are the only one continuing the personal posts. I left them with agreeing with you, but that was not enough for you. I need no longer respond to your antagonising remarks. I look forward to meeting you soon. Jed

I am not enough, huh? The only personal posts I have made are asking you to clarify your attacks. I never attacked you once and I won't either. That is the best and quickest way to lose a negotiation even before it starts. We spent the whole time talking about your words. In the future, make me defend myself like you did with this post. That makes it much more interesting. lol

You already said it ended, yet you chose to respond again. Ok, you're right. I am antagonizing you. You will find me to be a lot of fun to ride with and BS with when we actually meet. Hell I've been BS'ing with you for the past couple hours already. I have to say I will be quite amazed if your DS outruns mine at DS days referring to your comment about your bike outrunning mine. I am not saying it isn't possible. I just will be surprised. I will definately remove my hat and shake your hand if you pull me best of three.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 03-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

An epic battle of last words it seems. If I take the last word will you two go to bed. LOL

Disclaimer: Not an attack. Its actually been a fun Friday evening watching this soap-opera unfold. LMFAO

Old 03-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is not the last word. You had the last word Fatholly. One or two usually chime in and complain about the drama but I know it gets ratings! lol

On that note, good night.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

The battle rages on!!lol

But only on the bikes!! I do know where you are coming from, refering to my comment " my bike is faster than yours", as I usually feel the same way. But it is, it will, and you will be picking sand from your teeth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And no worrys, I dont take any of this personal. It sets the stage for meeting you, and understanding your view point. Its all good!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

The battle rages on!!lol

But only on the bikes!! I do know where you are coming from, refering to my comment " my bike is faster than yours", as I usually feel the same way. But it is, it will, and you will be picking sand from your teeth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And no worrys, I dont take any of this personal. It sets the stage for meeting you, and understanding your view point. Its all good!
Oh.....Well I know for a fact that my bike is sloooowwwweeeerrrrr then both of yours [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

But as long as it looks GOOOOD doing it!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The battle rages on!!lol

I know you must be just talking trash but my setup is going to be a fully dunable 400 lbs wet at Dunefest and we are going to be running a 20 shot with the new BossNoss system on top of the 70+ hp we make on all motor.

There. I've showed my hand. What makes you so confident that I don't have a chance against the Viper?

Ron

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
The battle rages on!!lol

Oh.....Well I know for a fact that my bike is sloooowwwweeeerrrrr then both of yours [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Actually since anyone has yet to actually see my DS, you don't know that for sure............

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ODP Water Pump How much Temp Drop?