CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I can hear Randall chuckling behind his computer screen when you refer to me as an expert. Randall is a friend and he knows how little I actually know. Actually ERBE seems to know that to, LOL.

I seem to recall Mario having a close friend with some HR3's that I think are sitting on a bench somewhere down in Nevada right now............

Well the pressure is on. I hope my buddy doesn't change his mind about testing my cams now that I have shot my mouth off.

Ron

I dont want to jack ERBE's thread, But the HR3's were in big mikes 730 and made near the same hp as my semi high strung stock bore. I sure would like to test the hr4s but I dont have shim under. Ill do some alky testing this weekend with the a-1 a2 cams, alky vs gas.

Congrats ERBEDS650-
It looks great. Id like to talk to mellinium and see what they have to say.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
I'm not trying to be skeptical but come on! a 20+ HP jump its just hard to believe that the other cam manufactures dont have the technology to make a decent cam, and that HPR cams can produce such a change in HP that they have not tested with there own dyno or posted it on there web page?
Well if this is all true HPR will be selling there cams like hot cakes.
I told you there would be people crying BS after the numbers were way out of the expected range. Those that can see what has happened here will know why it happened and will move to capitolize on it.

As I said before ERBE..........what do I know? Do what you want. From the beginning you have taken the position that the HPR R&D couldn't possibly be worth paying extra money for and that comperable gains can be had for less. Be skeptical all you want, at this point I have kind of lost my motivation to take the time to convince you of anything.

If you still haven't figured out what is happening here, I will throw down the hint one more time:

We just gained a bunch of bonus hp by discovering a match in components as opposed to a hodge podge of miscilaneous components purchased because we simply got a good buy on each of them.

Ron

Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I think that with a high flowing head the 109s might have thier limits to a certain point. I did not EVER get my 109s to run good with the alky. Did you make most gains after 8k? Were the hpr 4s designed for this head? were the 109s degreed for the head?
Mario,

I have not seen the dyno curve yet. I hope to have it today. The HP4's were not purpose built for this head or vice versa, I simply had a hunch that the alcohol with the NM simulated a dramatic increase of flow and displcacement and that the lift and duration characteristics of the 109's were hurting how the motor performed. We tried it and the results were 3 times what I expected to gain. We fell on a winning match. Wait until they dial in the carb and install the drag pipe. I bet 87 to 88 hp at 20% NM is possible since they were running stock head pipe with a Pro circuit slip on for these runs, lol.

The runs happened on Dave Moore's dyno. I hope to see him today to get the curves.

Ron

Old 03-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
ERBE,

Site is for stock performance and not Alkyhol.
That gain may have been in last 1K rpm, and very slight improvements will be magnified in alkyhol, especially untuned comparisons.

There may be no difference or enough to justify cost difference in standard engines without Alkyhol or Nitrous.
We may never know. When did the testing of Alkyhol get mentioned before?
Yjacket,

I disclosed what fuel we were running when I posted the difference.

Ron

Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

from my point of view it looks like a cam verus cam, and when you see 20 hp difference that is a lot, since it looks like the add says 2-6. but it seems you put, your machine is matched for the hpr4's, which shines a new light. if the hpr thought they wanted 109 specs they would have probably used them. guess what i see is you put your hpr machine to the test and it performed which is great, that seems to be what eric says. but it also seems you put the 109's to a test they were going to fale. and if guys go and put hpr4's in and see the 2-6 hp gains they wonder why they didn't get 20hp like you. glad you saw 20. those are numbers that make for hugh smiles

Old 03-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I want to clarify that this was not an HPR machine. It is a Klug Racing machine. The cams were HPR. The 109 cams have been run for almost two years in this DS. I had been pushing these guys to try a set of HP4's that I had for about 6 months with very little luck. Finally they decided to try it. We didn't setup this test to make the 109's look bad but we have huge flow and the more flow you have the bigger the difference will be between these cams.

Ron

Old 03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

At what RPM were the HPR4 making the 20 + hp?

Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Coming Soon!

Quick Reply: Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!