CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
Originally posted by: DuneMe
Scooby:

Are you saying you bored your stock jug to a 105 WITHOUT a sleeve?

Those prices sound great.
YES! Remember this is not for a stroker motor. The stock stroke doesn't allow the piston rings to go below the engine case. The cylinder skirt that extends below the case doesn't serve much purpose. The piston itself doesn't contact the cylinder bore. There is no pressure on the the cylinder bore below the case. So having a thin cylinder skirt is not real important.
Holy Cr@p! ERBE, You could have saved $400 and gone this route! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Old 03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

The Cylinder I sent in had a Steel 720 bore in it I did not want to run steel cylinder I wanted a Nikasil coated cylinder, I had them remove the steel bore and replace it with an Aluminum one and had it coated. (My Cylinder skirt is 0.125" thick now) Dont worry about my cost. I costed off allot of my parts through the Shop at work as repaired parts.
Dang! I'm gonna have one exspensive forklift when I done.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

"

Old 03-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

OK now,
Look I am just an average Dad that likes to ride with his kids, I am not into Sand Dragging or Hill comps, I have been ridingh in Glamis for over the last 20 years in the those dunes.....Just play riding.
I was looking at cost alternatives to build a torquey dune playing machine that can carry my manly man but shy load, I run some race fuel. no Alcohol no Nitro.
Not looking for every single ounce of Horse Power to spend booko buckson, I am taking my time to build a reliable fun strong running machine for the budget Im allowing on this prodject and who is to say how I spend my money and where I spend it.
There is always, I mean Always going to some one with the fastest, stroked, lighter, Turboed, EFI, bitchen monster beast and some of us are just a happy clam if we get X amount of HP vs the the other X amount HP (Sorry I was Corrected by DSNut) if you used someone elses product. I mean if one of you guys got a free Exhuast you would use it wouldnt you? or if someone gave you some cams for 75 bucks would you at least try em??
Well, Heck I would!!

(My Soap Box and 2 cents worth)

Old 03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
OK now,
Look I am just an average Dad that likes to ride with his kids, I am not into Sand Dragging or Hill comps, I have been ridingh in Glamis for over the last 20 years in the those dunes.....Just play riding.
I was looking at cost alternatives to build a torquey dune playing machine that can carry my manly man but shy load, I run some race fuel. no Alcohol no Nitro.
Not looking for every single ounce of Horse Power to spend booko buckson, I am taking my time to build a reliable fun strong running machine for the budget Im allowing on this prodject and who is to say how I spend my money and where I spend it.
There is always, I mean Always going to some one with the fastest, stroked, lighter, Turboed, EFI, bitchen monster beast and some of us are just a happy clam if we get 68 HP vs the 73HP if you used someone elses product. I mean if one of you guys got a free Exhuast you would use it wouldnt you? or if someone gave you some cams for 75 bucks would you at least try em??
Well, Heck I would!!

(My Soap Box and 2 cents worth)
If you get 68 hp out of the build I will take my hat off to you and send you nice bottle of wine. No disrespect intended but I am going to guess 59 hp peak at 7000 rpm. Write that down and if I am right you only owe me a compliment.

Best of luck.

Ron

Old 03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Old 03-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know if Im staying with the 109s, I may have them custom ground to some other specs Im working on to match what I want from the head work that will be done soon.
Look what ever I end up with in Hp is what I end up with.
Im sure it will be well over stock and fun to ride in the dunes for my style of riding like all the other bike I have done in the past.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Just got my Aluminum 720 kit!!!