CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what are the plans for ds days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the plans for ds days?

the coach was 32000lbs before it was converted. we figure around 40k now. the trailer is a 20 foot enclosed and we will probably only bring 2 quads and our new rhino so figure maybe another 5000? so just 22.5 tons

Old 03-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
the coach was 32000lbs before it was converted. we figure around 40k now. the trailer is a 20 foot enclosed and we will probably only bring 2 quads and our new rhino so figure maybe another 5000? so just 22.5 tons
That is a big toy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

man that is a set of quads.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Majorecho
Todd you crack me up man!! lol I look forward to seeing your new machine run- the fast ring dings will always eat my lunch..... ya think your one of em???
Actually I dont know for sure YET what exactly I will be on. I am hoping to work out the details later this week. IF I do end up with the Tyrant 670, there is some serious HP#'s that can be had with that machine. I am hoping to get it soon enough to be able to do some good testing before DS Days. The biggest factor will be what the tranny will be able to handle. If I dont end up with big "T" , my Shee will be no slouch but it wont hang with the butt lixxer 1000. Either way I am nominating Jed as my pilot, that way he can throw his leg over a quad that actually has some power [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] .

Jed we gotta talk on your RT, I will get ahold of ya this week.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Butt Lixxer!! LMAO!!! Curtis, I wouldnt take that from him,lol.

Hey now, my little ds might not be powerful, but she sure is heavy!!

Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: supersonictoys
wow, do the math. nephi utah is 726 miles from me , round trip thats 1452 miles, devide that by 5 miles per gallon(if its mostly flat ground) thats 290 gallons of diesel at $2.70 a gallon thats $783.00 in fuel . add in another 30 gallons of premium gas for bikes at $2.50 a gallon= $75 ,and 20 gallons of race gas at $8 a gallon that $160 . total= $1018.00 in fuel +14 hours of driving each way!
That beast only gets 5 mpg? I get 10 pulling a 30' toyhauler. I am 18,000 gross going down the road. That biatch must be heavy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO I have to go 5200 miles in a few weeks at 6mpg for the planet drags!! Im laughing so I dont cry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DS Days needs a website, with a guestbook to serve as a roster, and a gallery of albums for pics to be uploaded to by all who participate. Then you can spread the link to this webaite to all the forums and everyplace you can think of. It can have a link to this post on ATVC on it too.

I would gladly host it, just as I am doing for East Coast DS Days.

This post is 6 pages long, too much for me to catch up on or possibly miss stuff, so help me get it straight for the webpage -
The date is Labor Day?
Most of you are staying where? (oasis, white sands, at the mountian, etc..)
Is there going to be an organized drag? If so give me details to post on the webpage.
Anything else you can think of that should be on the page - links, whatever.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You've got about all the details right. . .

Don't forget about the Butt Lixxer event (lmao - that one got me too Jed.)

If there's enough kids quads we can set up a small track around camp and have an off-shoot of an Is-he Dizzy except with us guys on the quads and Beer or Apple-pie at the cones that must be finished before you can go to the next cone. . . This sounds like an event Marky could really wrap his arms around. . . kinda like his pillow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

If I can make it, I'll be camping at the dunes in the trailer. . . where ever everyone else is circled up. That way I can stumble back to my trailer after the technical kids quad race.

Since we know Todd will be here this time, we can count on having someone besides Marky to make fun of for the next year (or two) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe

Since we know Todd will be here this time, we can count on having someone besides Marky to make fun of for the next year (or two) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
PLEASE! Let there be someone else this year! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Actually, I think Todd and I will be drinking near beer this year -

Old 03-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: DuneMe

PLEASE! Let there be someone else this year! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Actually, I think Todd and I will be drinking near beer this year -
No near beer allowed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: what are the plans for ds days?