CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what are the plans for ds days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the plans for ds days?

This trip may just get me to leave the state.What are the plans for camping and can you camp close to where you ride?What is the elevation?I will have my Baja finished with HPR parts by then so i guess i would qualify for stock modified?It would be worth the trip to finally meet some of you.Bill are you going to attend for sure?

Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
NUT,

Dynos first. Do what you say and say what you do.

It only takes 3 minutes to fax or email them.
LMAO! I don't owe you anything and I can't post them until I get them. I tell you what, how about you just decide I was blowing smoke last night and tell me you don't believe the numbers. Maybe that will hurry me up...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You can take your strong arming and.....................well, I guess this is a family forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Oh Boy, here we go again. Another friendly thread turned into a battle ground. Sure has gotten fiesty around here since MLK, almost to the point of not being able to get a serious answer any more. I've seen several legitimate questions and concerns go virtually unanswered or completely ignored. Maybe nobody really has an answer or a clue but we used to let that be known instead of seeing a post read 38 times with 0 responses.

As soon as I inventory the gasket set I will post a list of what it includes just incase anyone ever needs to know what's in it.

You boys have a good time... I'll see ya at DS Days.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Is there a firm date set yet?If so when?

Old 03-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think it is Labor Day Weekend. Does it start earlier in the week?

Old 03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

labor day weekend is the plan!

Old 03-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry boys, just got in and read this. Labor day weekend as usual. Most start arriving on thursday before, and stay as late as monday. There is alot more riding here than in Nevada, so plan on bringing lots of fuel.

Todd thanks for replying. I like most of the ideas. I will plan on sponsoring some things. I will also talk with my dealer, I am sure they will include some stuff, or maybe show up.

I dont like the class break ups though. My thoughts are:

1. Stock machine, no motor work. I dont think there will be many perfectly stock Ds's there. Stock weight.
2. Stock bore stroke, all motor. Gas only
3. big bore, all motor. Gas only
4. improved, any size, fuel, boost, nitrous.
5. Open, run what you brung.
6. KOTH DS. ds motor only. Run what you brung.

I agree we need to keep it simple and fun, that why we meet. The camp area is huge, and you will be camping right by the mountain. You will be able to watch the racing from camp. You can ride in any direction from camp. There is tons of hills to trail ride on, shoots that go on forever, and sand. There is no sound limit, just bring your registration. If you dont have it, you will get a ticket.

I hope some more of the builders will show up this year. Gary has been to everyone I have been to, and I hope he returns for this one. Hope to see you all there.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and I hope some more stock bores show up. I am willing to bet our two sit atop the podium, then Marios a distant third![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Bahahahahaha j/k man!!

Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Ron-The last thing I am is worried about a 730. Theres ALOT more to drag racing than the difference between a 650cc and 730.. To an extent. I or my pilot is usually at Dumont racing the faster bikes. We have NEVER declined a race. When Im done mopping the stock bores ill come mopp up your bike. Bring it to Utah where the biggest hill of all is. Dont sing it bring it cause you know I will... And dont think I dont have access to all the latest stuff available. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Good Man!!! I couldn't help myself with that one, it was way to obvious, lmao.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I know you aren't afraid of a race. What is your DS down to on weight? I can't figure out how to get below 395 lbs wet on stock frame while still remaining a full fledged dune machine.

I can dune mine no prob. She weighs in Id guess around 450...lol My bike is just down on hp not weight. But its a ninja!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

And so it begins.......

I sure hope anyone that is on the fence about coming takes the plunge and shows up. The mountain buy far will seperate the men from the boys when it comes to who is faster on the hill. I know buy no means will I be any where near the top of the pile but I think that a few of my fellow "UT boys" will make a good showing that is for sure.

As for duning there is somthing for everyone for age 5-50 you will be able to find somthing that will make you want to come back for more jumping, high speed duning, bowls, razers, big dunes, little dunes, shoots.......I think you get it.

I think 650viper hit most of it so in closing I think that this year has the oportunity to be the best DS day's yet and if you can swing it you need to show up.

Quick Reply: what are the plans for ds days?