CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

I kind of wish it it had been your sleeve.Not to make ronnie happy. But that is way cheaper then the bottom end,GOOD LUCK MAN.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry your having engine problems.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get her back up and running again.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Sure Dune me send me a 5 mm Stroked Crank and a 108mm jug LOL , really thanks it will all work out, dont be ruling out the Alum Sleeve guys!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Erbe,
I have a good bottom end sitting in my garage for cheap if you need one. It is missing the covers, and the clutch plates, but is in good working order otherwise. Let me know.

Oh, and you might want to change your sig line........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

The stock DS lined cylinders seem like one of the most reliable additions to ERBE's bike. He stretched the limits on performance with 13.5:1 CR. He also did fairly hot cams with drag race 48mm carb and porting. The ONLY thing he didn't touch is the bottom end. And now he wants to stroke it too?

But I don't think it had anything to do with the Millennium nickasiled AL sleeve. He has got a dragster dunner, and those wear out, especially on a stock bottom end.

I can't wait to see what he does next!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the Cylinder, its fine , agian it was the crank. Dont know yet if it was the oil pump or the that screen got clogged,I will find out over this weekend when I pull the motor and get ready fro shipping.
My thoughts for extra long longevity go with the 105.5mm jug from The Bom and or Eric, if your using NOS or running a Turbo I would use 105.5 jug also, as for my aluminum 105.5 cylinder its works also, I wouldnt recomend it for Turbo or NOS applications, but works just fine with 11:1 compression to 13:5 to 1 compression for trail riding and or playing in the dunes.
I am hoping the builder of my DS will inspect my cylinder and hopefully will pass there quailty control to be used for my next build of a 5mm stroker, now we be talking some fun in the dunes for sure!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

ERBE,

By going to stroker and roller ball main bearings, you will eliminate one of the unique features of the DS650 Rotax engine NO ONE else has in 650cc thumps: smooth journal main bearings.

Of course you are on the leading edge of dependable performance, but the DS650 stock main bearings offer smoother ride, increased maintenance interval periods, and greater bearing life. For the cost/benefit difference of adding stroker engines, it may be cheaper to get a Jap bike for a stroker conversion.

You may be able to buy a used Jap 450 and get stroker conversion for the same price as just adding the stroker conversion to DS650 (if you have any more garage space, ha-ha).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

But what freaking fun would that be. We want to build up the DS to rev out like mad and be fast as he!! Erbe has alot farther to go befire teh reliability "concerns" come into play. Like running a 45hp shot of Nos

Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

The only 45 shot out of me is when Taco Bell has 39 cent bean burritos!
Leading Edge??? im just building a bigger dunner dude, the stock DS Main bearings have a problem if you loose oil pressure and can go bad, by going to a roller bearing system if loss of pressure were to happen your bottom end will be saved being able to run on less oil, thats whats Falicon told me.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

The only 45 shot out of me is when Taco Bell has 39 cent bean burritos!

Leading Edge??? im just building a bigger dunner dude, the stock DS Main bearings have a problem if you loose oil pressure and can go bad, by going to a roller bearing system if loss of pressure were to happen your bottom end will be saved being able to run on less oit, thats whats Falicon told me.</end quote></div>

That may be a factor, if you plan on running on low oil pressure. Maybe that's why the Jap's like it better.

The new BMW G650X Challenge is beating everything in its class on the dirt or on the road, and its a smooth journal main bearing Rotax engine. But its motor is not as aggressively built as yours, so Falicon may be right on target. Falicon seems like the best product available.

I'm looking forward to hearing your assessment later.

Quick Reply: Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update