CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update

bout time me and viper agreed on something.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got my 720cc DS running tonight (first start). This is with the stock cylinder bored to 105.0mm. No leaks at all. Motor sounded very good. I can hear the turbo spinning faster than before at low engine RPM. Low RPM EGT was up 200-300 degrees so it's making more power for sure. (EFI is running open loop, haven't richened up yet).

More updates to come soon...

Old 04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds great! I am looking forward to hearing about the test. Did you Nikasil after boring?

Old 04-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

of course it's Nikasil'd!

if everything tests out OK over the next week then i'll be going to little sahara on the 21st and 22nd for snake hunt.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
of course it's Nikasil'd!

if everything tests out OK over the next week then i'll be going to little sahara on the 21st and 22nd for snake hunt.
C'mon now Scoob, as much conventional wisdom as you throw out the window, was it really that silly of a question?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Not only does Millenium nikasil all cylinders, but HPR also uses Millenium to nikasil their 730 BIG BORE cylinders.
Millennium is the undisputed best.

Way to go Scooby!

I may go from 102mm guaranteed piston to 105mm if your monster quad handles the power easily.
You may have the optimum cylinder considering weight and cooling.

I'm planning to get lower compression piston and configured for touring range (no gas porting?) with Millennium big bore kit for $465+.
For street gas and low boost settings for pump gas , one atmosphere table yielded:

..8 CR....11.3 CR @6psi
..9 CR....11.4 CR @4psi

I don't even know what type blower Trick Racing is develping for DS650 yet, screw, centrifugal, ...
This is pretty funky stuff, but Rotax engine should be fine minus piston/cylinder upgrade (with cylinder head/springs verified).

Yours will be a closer test for everyone with stock cylinders including myself.
Plus you will be beta testing with higher performance than 99% of most people.

Thanks Scooby!!

Old 04-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Not only does Millenium nikasil all cylinders, but HPR also uses Millenium to nikasil their 730 BIG BORE cylinders.
Millennium is the undisputed best.

Way to go Scooby!

I may go from 102mm guaranteed piston to 105mm if your monster quad handles the power easily.
You may have the optimum cylinder considering weight and cooling.

I'm planning to get lower compression piston and configured for touring range (no gas porting?) with Millennium big bore kit for $465+.
For street gas and low boost settings for pump gas
I am going to throw down a prediction here that you, Yjacket, will not buy or do anything of the kind. I have a feeling that by next week you won't even like superchargers and big bores.............not that that is a bad thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you are serious about settling down and doing a build of one kind or another, you have my sincerest apology[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I gotta say though, even though you are probably a capital guy to shoot the bull with, I sure wouldn't want to stand behind you in line at McDonalds.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Good times![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Btw, I am running a Millenium nikasiled cylinder and I promote them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] They are the best!

Old 04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well that's not too much propaganda for you. At least you truthfully told where you ate most of your meals, and revealed a dinner queuing strategy that helps you survive the saturated fat diet that you depend on. I guess being alert in line at McDonalds keeps you from passing out.

The big bore AL package of $465 is for real and guaranteed for everyone with stock cylinders at Millennium. 700cc absolutely and maybe 720cc upon expert Scooby's analysis. PLUS, you can get a specified designed piston in a relineable cylinder, not a throw away $2K cylinder that can't be relined for some unknown design reason. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

The supercharger is not definite, but sounds like the best thing going so far. There is not a huge middleman markup profit, so it would not buy a month worth of McDonalds meals and gas mask filters per each unit sold.

What trick racing is developing is a root type blower. Fiat, Toyota, Ford, Mazda, and Mercedes (C230) have strapped roots type blowers onto their production cars. Eaton redesigned the roots type blower in the 1980s with twisted three lobe rotors through 60degrees. The rotors were given a special coating and were machined to close tolerances, which meant the rotor tolerances were down to 0.2mm which reduced leakage and improved pumping efficiency able to reach rotor speeds up to 15,600rpm. Eaton also added a bypass valve at the blower inlet that allowed the blower to draw air from the air filter, bypassing the blower at idle and at cruise where it’s not needed. This gave the manufacturers the option of using an electro-magnetic clutch (like an air-con clutch) to disconnect the blower.

This explains the incredible sewing machine idle on blower video on trickracing1.net blower site (and a feasible explanation for incredible 3.62 Banshee drag videos). The root type is less expensive than screw (best for performance) or centrifugal (turbo perfromance), but if its good enough for Eaton who is one of the best. I've toured their Athens, GA manufacturing plant and its a very impressive process.

Deviating from OEM engine designs is very complex, so only proven industry giants (Millennium) and processes (superchargers) and custom builders (TheBom, etc...) are considered for the safest possible engine design deviations with specific consumer end goals in mind.

And when you repeated tha you used Millennium and they are the best, isn't that exactly what I said earlier?

"Not only does Millenium nikasil all cylinders, but HPR also uses Millenium to nikasil their 730 BIG BORE cylinders.
Millennium is the undisputed best."

Old 04-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The HPR730 can certainly be relined. Where did you hear otherwise?

Regarding who provided my nikasil, I was actually checking to see if you would change your mind about Millenium if I promoted them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Back to the challenge........when do you plan to make your big bore purchase? Are you actually going to commit to a build of some kind?

Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Keep this **** coming... I need some entertainment on this Saturday here at work... oh wait your both offline now... god damn!t. Both of ya log back in will ya.

Quick Reply: Millenium Aluminum Sleeve Update