CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS rules Planet Sand...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS rules Planet Sand...

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
Ah choose, wait a minute here, do I even have a drag bike????? No I don't. My DS is a 100% stock frame dune bike. I go the LS to ride the dunes and play around.

I'm not building a 180HP bike. I simply stated that with 855cc it could be done.
I understand....play around...I understand what you mean now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MisterHP
Scooby you said 180hp cant be obtained with 16:1. Lower compression dont rev as quick as high compression.

The 450 based bike ran one 4.08 the rest were teens and twentys and the pilot was 70lbs. I weigh 170lbs lets put a 70lb pilot my bike and it will go 3.60-3.70 range. Not to mention his bike is probably 30lbs lighter than mine.
100 lbs doesn't gain 4 tenths, but yes your bike could do 3.6 in the future.

Scooby, I dont know where you come up with your calculations but whenever you start posting ANY times that your laying down on ANY track then you will gain more credability for your substantiated guess....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

choose you never saw my bike run at full potential at LS. You only saw runs when I was testing and tuning and warming the bike up at lower boost. You were never around when I turned the boost up to where I normally run.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: MisterHP
Scooby you said 180hp cant be obtained with 16:1. Lower compression dont rev as quick as high compression.

The 450 based bike ran one 4.08 the rest were teens and twentys and the pilot was 70lbs. I weigh 170lbs lets put a 70lb pilot my bike and it will go 3.60-3.70 range. Not to mention his bike is probably 30lbs lighter than mine.
100 lbs doesn't gain 4 tenths, but yes your bike could do 3.6 in the future.

Scooby, I dont know where you come up with your calculations but whenever you start posting ANY times that your laying down on ANY track then you will gain more credability for your substantiated guess....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
choose go post on planet sand that you switched from a 170 lb rider to a 70 lb rider and went from a 4.0 to a 3.6 in 300 feet and see the response you get!!!!!

Old 04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

choose you never saw my bike run at full potential at LS. You only saw runs when I was testing and tuning and warming the bike up at lower boost. You were never around when I turned the boost up to where I normally run.

Scooby, I respect you for the power that you have made on the dyno. 120hp is nothing to be ashamed of. But you also have to understand that those numbers are nothing more than numbers if you can lay it down on atleast half of the runs you make. I gladly invite you to attend the Clash of the Titans in October. You will be very amazed at how fast these bikes are that will be laying it down. Im not knocking the bikes that run at L.S. but I have been there and done that....my hat is off to you if you want to race the duners. But we are talking about DS DRAG bikes ruling Planet Sand and you want to come on here and second guess everything that anybody has to say, especially MrHp. Whats up with that?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i beat the HPR 800 at 4SW 2005, it's on video.

i had the whole field beat in the semi finals at 4SW including the turbo NOS alcohol 727 raptor until the clutch went half way up the hill.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I am sure we will never see an actual drag framed ds at little sahara. Choose's bike will be the closest thing. Kind of hard to run a rigid through the woops... When someone does try and run a rigid it gets pretty ugly, and Only makes one pass.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: amd
I am sure we will never see an actual drag framed ds at little sahara. Choose's bike will be the closest thing. Kind of hard to run a rigid through the woops... When someone does try and run a rigid it gets pretty ugly, and Only makes one pass.
AMD, I totally understand what your saying man.

All Im trying to say is that Scooby wants to question, second guess or contradict everything that MrHp or 222 posts about times, hp or otherwise. He needs to step up to the plate with his "dune" bike and come get him sum. Plain and Simple. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Well you know...... Its all in fun, But I know where your coming from. I read these forums.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: amd
Well you know...... Its all in fun, But I know where your coming from. I read these forums.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DS rules Planet Sand...