CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS rules Planet Sand...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS rules Planet Sand...

I have many people to thank and One Creator to praise!

After two months of hard core build from scratch nightmares it all fell together at the VERY last minute! We showed up on thurs. morning with my bike buttoned up, pretty, and ready to rule and Glens bike in full hillbilly condition including duct tape and bailing wire.

First pass on my brand new build a spindle cracked and put visions in my head of the front end digging in the dirt at 80+ mph! Not good so the Goblin was parked and phone lines were smoking. I had a set of spindles made up back here in Ky but UPS dont do next day air to Gilbert La. on Saturday.

Mean while I put all my efforts into helping Randall and Glen run through the natural asperated class which included a Nascar style axle change during qualifing. The announcer took note of the frenzy and made a cool story line out of it.

After we won the motor class I assumed my weekend was over with no spindles in sight. Choose and THEBOM asked me if they were coming and I told them the UPS problem. Both of them said hey Craig from CP Customs is here lets see if we can talk him into making you a set. Long story short; he drove 4hrs to his shop made them and 4hrs back. With a few $100 bills as incentive of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He got back at 4:30 in the morning and I started putting spindles on by 8:00am. I got one junk qualifying pass and ran a 4.43. I asked Jace Packard a chassis question because the bike was pulling left, he gave me some advice and it worked.

On only the third pass ever on a completely new chassis, motor, tranny, etc. She went 3.960[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I knew it would go faster but didn't dare touch it! The very next pass was a 3.995 which backed up the first pass and let the Yammy's, Honda's and two strokes know they were in for a bad day!

Thanks to everybody who helped and most of all thank you Lord for pouring your cup out on me when I dont deserve it.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Psalms 23:5

Old 04-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very well put. You deserved it Eric. What an humble attitude. Thanks for being a friend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Very nice man. You deserve it.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

just out of curiosity what adjustment did you make to keep you bike from pulling to the left??

Old 04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

At least he knows who is resopsable for his good fortune and Eric it don't hurt that it was in your heart to do it too !!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Eric, congrats on the wins.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Eric, congrats on the wins.

Congradulations on the wins, You did the DS community pround. =]

Old 04-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I told Randel on the phone today and I will say it again......CONGRATS!! it couldn't have happened to a better group of guys.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Big congrats to all! hellava showing! I wish I could have attended. I hope to have the BIG engine Raptor in a chassis soon to see how well we can make it work. Most of yall have seen our (Top Secret Racing) little motors in oem chassis run. We have no choice but to skip the first several notches! lol and hope we can stack up.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

It was a most excellent showing dudes, and party on!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: DS rules Planet Sand...