CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RENEGADE 800!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

You are right, he IS from Minnesota!

Well, then I sure hope he will not have to pay 13,000 USD for a Renegade when an Outlander 800 starts at 8,599 USD! I understand Can-Am has added HPG shocks, center-cast wheels and ITP Holeshot ATR tires, but come on...

Let's hope they keep it below 9,500 USD...

Old 05-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Man I'm hoping everyone that wants one can afford it. Seems to me that they would sell more quads if there prices we're a little easier on the pocketbook. I own 2 Bombardier's, a DS650 and a Outlander 400HO. I'll be willing to give up the DS if the Renegade is remotely affordable. Generally speaking, around here in Oregon you can usually pick up Bomb's for around $1000.00 less than MSRP. I haven't paid full price yet.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Generally speaking, around here in Oregon you can usually pick up Bomb's for around $1000.00 less than MSRP. I haven't paid full price yet. >>>>>>>>>>

No sales tax has a lot to do with this. I have a brother living up in Oregon, what are the chances I can register in his name then transfter title when it expires? I'd drive up to Oregon to save a grand....there is some awsome riding where he lives.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

I talked to a rep at the quad fair today and he's thinking it will be around the first of the year it will be released. Also the price he said was 9300.
This thing is really sweet looking in person. The front end reminds me of an black widow. The pics just don't do it justice IMO.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

raidermike where abouts does you brother live?

As for the title, why wouldn't that work.

The Bomb dealers here have a hard time selling their wears. They ask MSRP, but you just keep dealing and they'll come down. Oregon is Honda and Yamaha country.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

The Bomb dealers here have a hard time selling their wears. They ask MSRP, but you just keep dealing and they'll come down. Oregon is Honda and Yamaha country. >>>>>>

My bro. lives about an hour east of Klamath Falls, I can ride right from their place for as far as I have gas to take me. Last year we saw more cows crossing the road then any other people period. Dirt roads as wide as a highway for as far as you can ride WOT. Freaking awsome.

CA has that stupid green sticker registration program, essentially you have to have it anywhere you ride except on private property. Two strokers are red stickered and can only be ridden certain times of the year if they were mfg. after like 2001 or something like that. More gov. regulation is all and another way to fleece the tax payer.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: pulsar
I talked to a rep at the quad fair today and he's thinking it will be around the first of the year it will be released. Also the price he said was 9300.
This thing is really sweet looking in person. The front end reminds me of an black widow. The pics just don't do it justice IMO.
You must have been at the Benton county fairgrounds too. I saw it on saturday, as they were towing it back inside the semi, for the night. I was coming onshift, for the night watch, and if i would have known it was gonna be there, i would have shown up earlier. Didnt see much, but they said it was a 50k proto type, which sounds cheap to me, and it didnt appear the motor was a working unit, because they had a tow strap on, and were pulling it around. It did look unusual, and i also heard it was gonna be priced slightly higher than the 800 outlander, and they were gonna target 62 horse, for the production quads.
Kind of interesting, that on all of the outlanders and other quads there, it said BRP, and Can-Am...but no mention of Bombardier on any of the new models. Should this section of the forums change to Can-Am?

Old 05-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: hondabuster
Originally posted by: pulsar
You must have been at the Benton county fairgrounds too. I saw it on saturday, as they were towing it back inside the semi, for the night. I was coming onshift, for the night watch, and if i would have known it was gonna be there, i would have shown up earlier. Didnt see much, but they said it was a 50k proto type, which sounds cheap to me, and it didnt appear the motor was a working unit, because they had a tow strap on, and were pulling it around. It did look unusual, and i also heard it was gonna be priced slightly higher than the 800 outlander, and they were gonna target 62 horse, for the production quads.
Kind of interesting, that on all of the outlanders and other quads there, it said BRP, and Can-Am...but no mention of Bombardier on any of the new models. Should this section of the forums change to Can-Am?
BRP/Cam-am

Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Here's a link for a review on the new Renegade. Lots of new pictures and information. Seems the more I see it, the more I like it.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=324558

Old 05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Here's a link for a review on the new Renegade. Lots of new pictures and information. Seems the more I see it, the more I like it.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=324558 >>>>>>>>>

I posted this entire article on an earlier thread, it's very informative and definately worth the read......I strongly recommend reading it even if you're not considering a Renegade, it gives a bit of good info. on how BRP's R&D teams work.

Quick Reply: RENEGADE 800!!!!