CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RENEGADE 800!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Originally posted by: 12MANY
Here's a link for a review on the new Renegade. Lots of new pictures and information. Seems the more I see it, the more I like it.http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=324558
Look to me as they updated the skid plated on the Renagade. I wonder if they have redisigned the Outtty also?
Can-am was in St Cloud last weekend for the ATV fair & Quadmasters. They had all there 2007's there. I saw in person the Renagade and 07 Outlander - it does not have an updated skid plate. THen again, they said these things were 95%, and that other changes might still happen.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: flyin400
id never be caught riding one or even riding with sumone who owned one thats for sure

Do you promise?

Old 05-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: hondabusterall of the outlanders and other quads there, it said BRP, and Can-Am...but no mention of Bombardier on any of the new models. Should this section of the forums change to Can-Am?
Yep, you're correct. BRP and Bombardier are no longer the same company. Bombardier continues to be a Canadian military contractor and owner of LearJet. BRP is owned by the original J. Armand Bombardier family plus some investment groups and offers recreation vehicles.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: DieselTech
There's really only 2 things I don't like about this Renegade: 1) It's heavy, and 2) it's a CVT tranny.

Somebody needs to build a true sport 4x4 quad - it needs to have big power, EFI, selectable 2/4wd, great suspension, under 500 lbs., and a manual tranny! I'll even take IRS
I agree with all of the points above. I bigger engine is not the best answer to an over weight design. I think there's a place for the Renegade, just not in my garage.

I prefer Polaris' thinking. They added more capability to Outlaw by giving it unmatched ground clearance in a sport-ATV package. If you put a lightweight winch on the Outlaw, I think you'd have an answer to every argument.

When ATVs are 500 pounds and heavier, you become disconnected with the true thrill of our sport because you are now "driving" and ATV rather than "riding" it.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: dsdrew
I wish Bomb would have came out with a new sport bike though..
I agree. From the looks of it, the Renegade is an Outlander with some of the utilitarian features removed for weight savings.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: RPyfz450
I agree. From the looks of it, the Renegade is an Outlander with some of the utilitarian features removed for weight savings.
Thats what it is no doubt.. But to say it dont have the thrill of a sporty is way off base.. Them things will flat out rip and with the better shocks on them handle as good as most stock sportys with the addition of 4wd and the CVT they will climb hills with authority.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: RPyfz450
Thats what it is no doubt.. But to say it dont have the thrill of a sporty is way off base.. Them things will flat out rip and with the better shocks on them handle as good as most stock sportys .
handle as well as a sport quad! hardly. put the renegade up against a 450 on a track and how bad it will perform compared to a sport quad. Sure it handles great for a sport ute but hardly compared to a sport quad.

i agree with rpyfz450 and raidermike67. Take that outlaw and adde a 4wd system and a 1500lb winch at about 480lbs. Now thats a SPORT-utility. If polaris or any other company did this they would own the market for sport trail quads. Imageing a raptor 700 with a 4x4 and a small winch.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Range Rover
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

I am imagining the 700 with 4x4 and a winch and it looks alot like the Bomb Renegade with 100 less cc's.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

Originally posted by: Hoopie

handle as well as a sport quad! hardly. put the renegade up against a 450 on a track and how bad it will perform compared to a sport quad. Sure it handles great for a sport ute but hardly compared to a sport quad.

i agree with rpyfz450 and raidermike67. Take that outlaw and adde a 4wd system and a 1500lb winch at about 480lbs. Now thats a SPORT-utility. If polaris or any other company did this they would own the market for sport trail quads. Imageing a raptor 700 with a 4x4 and a small winch.
I said Most. The renagade will handle close to a raptor stock. Hell the outlander with some stiffer tires would handle almost as good as some of the sports. now the YFZ or 450r or ltr are RACE quads and they handle better than anything outta the box.

as of now no other company is even in the catagory of sport 4x4 the poo scrambler is fun and all. but is pale in comparrison. the wolverine... LMAO.. Yamaha is supposed to have sompin in the works. Will see if they let it out of the box yet.. Honda.. yeah right they are lazy.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default RENEGADE 800!!!!

need to give the Outlaw some more CC's if you want to even put it on the same level as the highly anticipated Renegade

Quick Reply: RENEGADE 800!!!!