CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSNUT, just bring your bike that you think runs these supernatural times to the next Clash in March 07' and we will see if your times are legit when you line up against the fastest 4-strokes on the planet, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....thats not counsel, this is head's up racing....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Also, Im taking all these suggestions into consideration for the next event.

Sincerely,
Scott
I thought you were taking suggestions. My mistake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

heres my take on it but im stupid so it does not matter. if everyone wants sanctioned this and sanctioned that, then there needs to be a set 25 events a year, spread out threw out the united states where all rules and regulations are the same. dont hold events where one rider rents the track and can get what ever running start he wants or what not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] since everyone is worried about who is fastest make it an official race loop my bike can run real fast in the river bottom so my 4.05 run on my stop watch should not count. you all are taking the fun out of racing and having a good time.all time slips should be sent to me and i will judge if there official or not.you boys need to settle down a bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

2big,

We rented the track for test and tune and had the officials present just in case we got where we wanted to that day. We actually ran our 4.06 at the sanctioned event held the next day. We had no benefit of a rolling start[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]........because we had guard beams to catch our front tires every time we ran. We also backed that run up with a 4.07, 4.08, and about ten 4.09's. Your post is yet another reason we went to the lengths we did to validate the times and the rules we played by to achieve those times. We knew people would try and cast doubt on our accomplishment.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

btw, you are giving other people way to much power over you if you allow them to take the fun out of your sport on an internet forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I read your thread on On-dunes about what motivates us. Great thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You were spot on about me. Our team had some outside motivation.......for sure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].......then the accomplishment was better than we planned so it, in an instant, became much bigger than giving some jerk and his trash talk a dose of reality. We saw the potential these breakthroughs on the stockbore will have on the bigger motors. At that point we were too excited to worry about political hacks who want to do us harm. Now all I am after is a way to compare times which means I need to understand the rules the Clash was operating under.

There it is in a Nutshell![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSNUT, you need to take Polarisfreak's counsel.....comparing track to track is like comparing dyno numbers.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just bring the bike of your choice to the next Clash and see where you and your boys stack up against the fastest in the country. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

congrats on your new motor choose, talked to jeff today and he said he was fairly pleased with the outcome of this past weekend!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
congrats on your new motor choose, talked to jeff today and he said he was fairly pleased with the outcome of this past weekend!

Thanks a lot man.

The vids will reveal the Spiderbike 3/4 of a bike behind the fastest 4-stroke at the event. Which happened to run a 4.11! Im very impressed with this off-the-shelf economy build that can be rode/duned all day and still run with the best of them on the strip. Nothing that a little tire/gearing cant solve. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i know the "bolt on" class was contraversial but what kinda times were they turnin?

Old 10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
i know the "bolt on" class was contraversial but what kinda times were they turnin?
The winner of the bolt-on class ran a 4.98!

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!