CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!

You wanted it, now you got it! Lets line em up!

Test-N-Tune: Friday October 13th 2006 (6am-til)

Sign-In: Friday from 6am-8pm Saturday from 6am-10am (NO EXCEPTIONS)

Drivers Meeting: Saturday at 10:30am (MANDATORY)

Races: 11:00am

1---4X4 UTILITY (2/4 STROKE) ((1,2,3,4 CYLINDER))
2---BOLT-ON (4-STROKE/2-STROKE)((STOCK CHASSIS))((1/2 CYLINDERS))
3---4-STROKE OEM CHASSIS (SINGLE CYLINDER)
4---4-STROKE DRAG CHASSIS (SINGLE CYLINDER)
5---2-STROKE OEM CHASSIS (SINGLE/TWIN CYLINDER)
6---2-STROKE DRAG CHASSIS (SINGLE/TWIN CYLINDER)
7---UNLIMITED (2/4 STROKE)((3/4 CYL 2 STROKE, 2/3/4 CYL 4 STROKE))
8---KING OF THE SAND (4-STROKES ONLY)((2 OUT OF 3 WINS))((UNLIMITED WILL NOT RUN FOR THIS TITLE))

[b]9---HEADS UP SINGLE CYLINDER MONEY CLASS (2/4 STROKE)($25 PER BIKE)(WINNER TAKES ALL)(SINGLE ELIM.)[b]

NOTICE: Clash of the Titans began as a "Run What Ya Brung & Hope Ya Brought Enough" grudge race to determine who had what it took to be the fastest on the sand for the weekend.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

I think the classes are set up well. I like the idea of a stock chassis regular bolt on class makes us woods guys have a chance and make more of it the rider than the machine so to speak.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I think its retarded that unlimited class bikes cant run king of the hill . why eliminate the fastest stuff? what does king of the hill mean anyway?

Old 06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
I think its retarded that unlimited class bikes cant run king of the hill . why eliminate the fastest stuff? what does king of the hill mean anyway?

King of the Hill pits the fastest 4-stroke's of each class (other than unlimited) to determine the King of the Hill!

King of the Hill pits the fastest 2-stroke's of each class (other than unlimited) to determine the King of the Hill!

We have seen unlimited bikes run anywhere from 3.1-4.5's in the past. I think its fair for everybody to be recognized for their accomplishments without being ridiculous. Last time out, We had a 16mm banshee win 3 separate classes including King of the Hill and yes, the fastest Unlimited bike raced it and lost. Im saying the Unlimited bikes are clearly in a class of their own. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Note: If time permits, we will be glad to pit the King of the Hill winners against the fastest Unlimited bike there. Not a problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

why not just add an unlimited class king of the hill bracket. everyone would stick around to watch

Old 06-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

why not just add an unlimited class king of the hill bracket. everyone would stick around to watch

Are you coming?

Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ITS OFFICIAL!!! OCTOBER 13TH & 14TH AT CATAHOULA RECREATION IN SICILY ISLAND LOUISIANA!!! You can start making your plans now. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with the owner of Catahoula Recreation last night trying to iron out all the wrinkles/concerns/complaints/recommendations to make this upcoming event one of the most well thought-out atv drag race events planned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We will be looking for some folks who are willing to step up to the plate and help out with trophies. PM me about the details if you would like to participate in this program. Its no secret that it take people to make an event of this magnitude happen. Im trusting we will get the help.

I also want to give everyone an idea of what was discussed last night so that everyone who is planning to attend will be on the same page.

1) Security: With an event of this magnitude, its only right to have security in place to help deal with crowd control, alcohol consumption by minors/irresponsible adults, safety for riders. There will be official event staff designated to handle these situations as they arise.

2) Parking: We understand there was a huge problem with parking last time as this park was certainly not anticipating a crown of that proportion. Again, offical event staff will be onsight to guide/direct parking so that people will not only park in uniform, but this will also allow us to better utilize the parking that is available. Additional parking areas are underway to help curve this situation.

3) Light Tree: The light tree will be a permanent fixture at this park from now on. Lights will be utilized and maintained prior to and during this event. If needed, someone will be hired to run these lights efficiently. I think most of the problems at track side will take care of themselves with the light tree working.

4) Organization: Official event staff will be designated to deal with the staging and initiation of the whole drag race process..from sign-in to follow up pictures after the official races. There will be an itenerary given to each vehicle as they come through the gate with a schedule of events as they will occur. If your not where your suppose to be when these certain things take place, then you will not be allowed to participate. Plain and simple. You can keep checking for updates on this site and others as the plans fall into place.

To whom it may concern, We need all of your help in this endeavor. I personally do this just for my passion for this sport as some of the rest of you. I dont think there are any problems that cant be worked out in such a manner that will be pleasing to all parties involved. We are certainly looking forward to this event and hope to make it more enjoyable each and everytime we all gather to make this possible. If you have anymore questions and concerns about anything that has not be openly discussed, lets hear it.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

UPDATE!!!

Check out class #13. Better break out the mothers and get to polishing, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didn't even know there was a hill back there. How tall is it? "KOTF" is kinda hard to say[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

King of the Flat?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans Rules and Regulations!!!