CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Weight Loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight Loss

well this years tally goes like this the first of january 424 as of yesterday 344 my ds gets faster every day. aint nothing better than the lazymans diet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] gastric bypass for me also.LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Weight Loss

Just saw your post Super. That was funny. Gave me a belly laugh.

Well it's been almost a year and the weight is still coming off. Actually been pretty steady for a while at the same weight. But it's been pretty easy to maintain and went pretty low this week end.

As I said in early posts... correction to be made.....

Went to the doctor about 2 months ago. The heaviest he had me was 336. That was before the cruise last April. Probably was somewhere around 340 or so.

I actually weighed myself this morning at 227.4! That's about 110lbs down the drain. Feel great and craving food is not really an issue anymore. Very blessed to have my wife helping me as well as the Lord looking out for me.

No Super..... that's not how I lose the weight. I'm actually in the movies....... just joshin!!!!!! (embarassed)

Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Weight Loss

by the way DZ, keep up the good work. Gastric or not, it's a life change.

I didn't do the surgery, but we're still in the same boat. Keep going.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Weight Loss

dang mike i cant imagine you down that low. you were real skinny when i saw you at dumont. great to hear your doing fine.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Weight Loss

Way to go Scott! You won't need a jocky if you keep up at this rate...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Weight Loss

Started on Jan. 18th at 271 lbs. waist size 40 ( I am only 5'8 1/2" tall)!!!

I now weigh in at 230.2 lbs and can fit into size 34 no prob.! I have about 40 more to go!
I just can't hardly hold on to the DS now!
I finally got it running by the way, for those of you that replied to my previous post! I even installed a new(used) carb and switched some parts around from my old one! Not bad for a SOB that hasn't ever even changed the oil in his own truck!
I love this forum...thanks for all your help!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Weight Loss

You people are on to me.
Every drag race I go to I hand out fast food and doughnuts to all the other drivers. I don't go any faster, but the other cars are going slower every year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I'm also going the sanbomber route, building a bigger engine and a smaller car.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Weight Loss

I got to thinking the other day, when my husband and I first met, we were always going to the lake to go fishing. So on the way out where would we stop? McDonald's. On the way home, McDonald's. That's when I gained a lot of my weight, but I was young, never thought about it. I went to McGaggles website checking out their nutritional content, have y'all ever looked at what they put in that crap?????? Just a large order of fries had over 500 calories, not to mention like 7g of trans fat!! I looked up info on trans fat, and pretty much it "boiled" down to melted plastic, more or less. And we have been eating that??? It's a no wonder everyone has had the hype on "no trans fat"!!!! That's just like baby oil being refined motor oil.....they just keep breaking it down to the point that it is clear and slap a baby oil label on it. Or like the fast food places (McDonald's eh?) putting their used grease into a vat outside, a company buys it and picks it up, refines it, voila! Makeup!! It's a no wonder that people every day are dying with strokes, heart attacks, all the sorts. I remember in Bible school they said that Noah lived to be 900 somehting years old, I can see it now. Well besides the ozone problem that there wasnt then, but they didnt eat garbage!! I found a neat website, www.2424milk.com. Has some yummy recipes. I registered and used their 24 day menu, and thats when I lost 7 pounds. Reality has taken a toll on me, I spend a little bit more time at the grocery store, try new foods, new recipes, and even though most of it is "rabbit food", I have gotten to love broccoli, and I am not quite near as moody or grumpy. And have given up the Cokes after reading what all it can be used for. Some of it sounded a little farfetched, but me and the kids did experiments with it, and sure enough it WILL eat a finishing nail, WILL clean blood, but since my toilet is brand new, I dont have any hard water stains to try and clean off...lol

Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
amd
Pro Rider
Default Weight Loss

Doctor Turbo, You cant go much smaller then a Vega wagon....lol.. Maybe a Vega coupe.

Off topic, but My first car I started drag racing was a 75 Mustang II. Not a real desirable car for most, but it was light. Only problem was parts are not available for them. I had to build my own headers, cut the tranny tunnle so I could use a sfi bellhousing...etc etc. I then bought a roller fox body Mustang coupe. I could go to wal mart and buy 1 7/8 primary headers...lmao!!. The aftermarket availablity for fox body cars are through the roof.

Again sorry to get off topic, but sometimes I think I miss drag racing cars....I haven't even been to the drag strip since I sold all my car stuff....I will tell you what I dont miss, is lying under the darn things changing torque converters, trannies, rearends...so on so forth. LOL.

Anyway I am done going down memory lane....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Weight Loss

Well this makes me really happy to see that you guys have kept up with your health and losing weight. I bounce between 180 and 185, but nothing insane. I lift at least 6 times a week, and have started fighting Judo. I think I'm big, but I wear a medium shirt, 34 inch waste, and am the smallest bouncer at the bar I work at so I dunno. But glad you guys are still going for it! I tell you what, if I quit drinking beer, i'd lose more. but where's the fun in that?

Quick Reply: Weight Loss