CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony

Jed:

That was a great little trip out we had. Wish we had more time so I could get your brother out too.

Got the daughter out with me on a long ride. Lost the group at Choke so, only shot up it a couple times. I think I was short shifting her too much. She still went up good but, not as quick as I expected. Probably needed to wind her out a bit more before shifting up. Oh well. Still a lot of fun. By the time we got back from that ride (wind was blowing good) we had sand all over us. Gotta love the trailer at night for the shower.

I'm off to bed. . . have to go to Alaska tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Dad and his Wife, Sister and Her Husband and the Wife and I. . . off to Kodiak to fish and see the ranch my Dad grew up on. This vacation stuff is tough work. . . going to be good to get back to work and relax for a bit. . .

Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default St. Anthony

Holy crap batman, that sounds rough. Come home from week long vacation to St Anns, then have to turn around and fly to Alaska. Man I dont know how you do it, that rough. Maybe next time just send me, I will take on that hard burden![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

Yea no crap. I am at least waiting a month before I head to Oregon. Can't wait to get out there and do it all again. I hope you have fun Duneme.

In case know one has seen it you can go to Dune and Dunes Machines and click on the St. Anthony thread it shows where you can donate to Jeremy Crapo the one that died at St. Anthony while we were up there he left behind a wife and two young kids. If you can please help them out I don't know what I would do if I was in that situation. Alticity also has some video's that all the proceeds will go to his memorial fund. Dig deep guys show them what great guys I know you all are.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default St. Anthony

AMEN!! Just so you all know who he was, he was a local rider, that was featured in many of the videos filmed at St Anns. He was an extreme rider, both in sand and snow. Terrible trajedy. I never met him, but know of him. Thank you Cynick, for thinking of his family. I couldnt imagine if that happend to someone that I was close to aswell.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

How did Jeremy die? What a tragedy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

Here is the info I got from another site. Please help them out. Thanks. Also for another tid bit on this family the hill Thunder Mtn. Is also known as Crapo Hill. This family has been in the area for a very long time.

I guess this guy was a snowmobile racer. Here's the article from a local news source. http://www.localnews8.com/home/3342831.html

Local Man Dead in Sand Dune Accident
July 13, 2006

A local man is dead after a head on-crash at the St. Anthony sand dunes and another man is in the hospital.

The accident happened Wednesday night at about 8:30. The Fremont County Sheriff's Office says the two men were driving their motorcycles at a high rate of speed when they turned a corner and hit each other.

It happened on a trail north of the dunes in a remote area.

Officers say 28 year old Jeremy Crapo of St. Anthony was killed in the collision from massive internal injuries.

18 year old Michael Pacheco of St. Anthony was airlifted to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, where he is listed in critical condition.

Deputies say both riders were wearing helmets and had safety flags on their motorcycles.

Memorial Fund
I just wanted to let everyone know that you can send donations for Jeremy's wife and kids via Paypal to:
david_crapo@msn.com

If you prefer to mail it in, please make it payable to David Crapo (Jeremy's Dad) and send it to:
Jeremy Crapo Memorial Fund
PO Box 300
Sugar City, ID 83448

I know Jeremy's wife and kids would appreciate it. So would the rest of the Crapo family and all of Jeremy's friends. Myself included. Anything we can do for them will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

Here is another way you can donate to the family. Thanks to Alticity. I got this info off of thier site.
Go to Alticity.com and you will find it on there.

We have made a 14 minute long DVD that pays tribute to Jeremy Crapo. The DVD features spectacular snowmobiling, a few dune shots, and some great footage of Jeremy being himself.

We are selling the DVD to raise money to give to Jeremy's wife Lindsay and two kids, Taylor and Bridger. All proceeds will go to the family. Jeremy DVD

If you want to contribute more than $10 to the family, simply select a higher quantity of DVD's in the shopping cart at

They are also available at the parts counter at Rexburg Motorsports.

Thank you,
Alticity Films

Old 07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

Bump^^^

Definitely a bummer.

We heard the sirens for a while coming then finally saw a truck with the BLM rail on it come down the road and unload and high-tail it out to the dunes. A few minutes later the chopper went overhead. It was a few hours before the BLM rail got back and the family's were gathered at the Ranger area. I thought I heard crying from our trailer but didn't want to intrude. Heard the next day what had occured.

The next day someone said they saw the BLM Rail bring in the bike and it was a mess. I didn't see it. Don't need to.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

That really sucks. I got the DVD in the mail and it was really good. It is a little bit of a tear jerker but then again I am a girl when it comes to this kind of thing. I always put myself in that situation.

If anyone can afford even the $10 for the DVD they should do it. They were a very young family and I am sure every little bit will help the family.

By the way DuneMe I PMed you.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default St. Anthony

Bought a couple of the DVD's. . . hope it helps the family a little.

Didn't get your PM???