CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bored too the max !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bored too the max !!!!!

Well, they probably have more exciting lives than us. Its too hot to be outside right now, so I am all cooped up. Maybe I will go get a shake, mmmmmmm ice cream.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Im cooped up in this office at work...its too hot outside. But I think Im about to roll out there and load one of my boats...then call it a day, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Your at work???? Thats a rough job, what do you do, and how did you get into doing it? Is it hard to learn? Do you need employees?

One of your boats? Well if you have more than one, you can surely spare one and send it my way. The water sounds good right now.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Your at work???? Thats a rough job, what do you do, and how did you get into doing it? Is it hard to learn? Do you need employees?

One of your boats? Well if you have more than one, you can surely spare one and send it my way. The water sounds good right now.
Yep, Im at work. Yep, its a tough job, Im a shorebase dispatcher for the offshore drilling rigs and production platforms. I got into this job by starting out working on the drilling rigs. Got tired of waking up in the morning at 21 years old with my back killing me, so I decided to start using my brain, instead of my back to earn a living. Nope, its not hard to learn at all. There are only a few of us "old" hands left who started on the rigs. Most of the younger generation in this line of business gets their start because they "know somebody". If you know what I mean. Yep, I have 6 supply vessels working for me right now and they arent the type of boats your thinking of. LOL! Although the water would be nice right about now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting. I seen my first offshore drilling rig on my drive from LA to pismo last month. I dont think I would make it on the rig, all I would do is get caught fishing,lol!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL! Them boys out there work 12hrs a day on either a 7 days on and 7 days off schedule or a 14 days on and 14 days off schedule. We get a vacation a month no matter how you look at it. But I do work a lot of straight time in what Im doing now though. Im working on 3 weeks straight right now. Oh, I work 5hrs from my house too...so I dont get to just jump in my truck and run home on my 12hrs off either, LOL!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

If it's hot (92° here) & you are bored do what I do. Take your 18 month old son to Applebees & look cute together. That kid is like catnip to 20 yr old girls! I wish I had is game.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm at work now too, I work 13 hour shifts and get a solid week straight off each month, anytime you don't see me for 7 straight you know I'm off and out riding somewhere. Like Choose said, a vacation every month. but I spend half of it getting caught up on what I got behind on pulling all those hours.

01ds650 I have a 10 month old, i know what you mean man, talk about a chick magnet, if my wife ever takes off I'm damn sure fighting for custody, then I'm sure to score every weekend!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower, If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living? how long have you been doing what you have been doing for a living? why did you start doing what your doing for a living? how long do you plan to do what your doing for a living? and if you had it to do over again, what would you do for a living?

ROFLOL,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sure man, anything in the name of bordem, afterall, we know what you are doing, and did before...

I'm an industrial maintenance tech, been doing that since I graduated highschool, started out entry level trainee, got sent to ivy tech state college by employer to learn industrial electronics, programmable logic controllers, pheumatics, hydraulics, welding, machine shop, etc., worked in a couple automotive factories to start, then an architectural panel/lamination factory, and now work at a printing facility for a box company named Temple Inland that among other things makes pretty most of the beer boxes you see on the shelves at most stores, along with other forestry related products and papermills and such. been here for close to 9 years now, I'm 33 years old, we have one of the 8 largest printing presses in the world, all german made with some dutch and spanish here and there, there are 7 others like it but none bigger cranking out a 100" wide web of paper at 1200 feet per minute 24/365. prolly be doing it til I retire, hopefully in my 50's if my retirement savings doesn't take a dump bewteen now and then from some freek depression, we all know we can't count on social security being there you know, but if I the chance to do it over again I think I would rather work on an oil rig and shoot for the chance to save the world from a giant asteroid like in that bruce willis movie and fall in love with aerosmith's daughter.

Quick Reply: Bored too the max !!!!!