CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Apple Pie longevity and other ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple Pie longevity and other ?'s

Okay, for those of you who have whipped up batches of this poison how long will if keep in the fridge? I'm sure I won't be able to do alot of damage to the jug by myself. Sunday is my birthday and I was going to make me a run and see if I could also get the flavor a little closer to my liking. I enjoyed the experience the first time I had some but I thought it was too sweet and thick (sorry Chris).

The recipe calls for a cup of brown sugar and a cup of honey, has anybody tried less of either of these and thought it was better? Also, has anybody used a gallon of cider instead of just apple juice to see how it turned out.
I'm all ears, let me hear how youv'e altered the original recipe.
My special ingredient is 190 vice 180 proof.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Try adding a touch anti-freeze <G>

Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Happy B-day bro! Sounds like your gonna get loaded. lol
I would try less of both as you suggested. The buz was severe for me but the hangover was tremendous. Note: I dont drink much, But if you add less of the sugar im sure that would be a batch id like to try. Anyways have fun sunday! Your goin to ds days right?

Old 08-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Not loaded Mario, just mellow. And I want to have a batch that's not so sweet for DS Days so I need to experiment some.
It'll be hard but I'll be giving up one of my twice annual trips to Fontucky for the NASCAR races but to be able to hang out with the DS Brotherhood and share some tall tales and some cruises through the dunes, well, I guess it will be worth it. The racing sucks at California anyway. Can't wait for the next Vegas race with the new track configuration.

So how long does this stuff keep in the fridge guys???

Old 08-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as your still willing to drink it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Dont worry about that fuz on the sides, it's all good. Just will remind you about the crust on apple pie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I think I heard some friends say they were still drinking it after a couple weeks, but I am not sure. So I am not much help, guess i'll go now.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: aceisback
Not loaded Mario, just mellow. And I want to have a batch that's not so sweet for DS Days so I need to experiment some.
It'll be hard but I'll be giving up one of my twice annual trips to Fontucky for the NASCAR races but to be able to hang out with the DS Brotherhood and share some tall tales and some cruises through the dunes, well, I guess it will be worth it. The racing sucks at California anyway. Can't wait for the next Vegas race with the new track configuration.

So how long does this stuff keep in the fridge guys???

Look forward to seeing you again!! We need to figure out where we are going to meet up.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had some in the fridge for a looong time, at least 1-2 months and it looked fine, but I decided I needed the space as it wasn't going anywhere in a hurry.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I had a batch for a couple of two weeks. It will actually become a bit stronger and will separate out, so make sure to shake it up and mix it before pouring yourself a glass. And yes, less sugar should reduce the hangover factor. I too, btw, used 190 proof in mine, it was wonderful...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]