CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I HATE all other Quads other than my BF! Know why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default I HATE all other Quads other than my BF! Know why?

Originally posted by: kvfcal
Right! My opinon was formed when i seen a young man at California City Desert at first saying how hard he worked to buy the bike (two wheeler) and was very proud of it and his riding gear.
I hate to tell you that the odd ball name cycle was towed in no more than a hour or so later a bent to hell rear brake pedal. Doesn't sound bad but it was bent all the way back to were it engages the brake and this was from a kid that couldn't have weight a buck and a quarter. It looked as though bigfoot stomped on it. We looked at the bike and a friend told him that due to the butter type material we wouldn't even be able to fix it unless we cut and sawed it out. The bike was brandnew! Hence the brand name Loademearly and if we chopped on it so he could at least let him ride around casualy using the front brake, The seller would have said because of the fabrication it wold be covered or something.
Needless to say that the look on the kids face brought tears to my eye's under my sunglasses. UUghh what a feeling! So Thanks to the great people we went out there with and a little bike and quad sharing this young man had a great time non the less.
So believe me I love all vehicles of joy but not the freaking worthless pieces of crap for china, and I don't know how much respect I have for the folks that sell them. Thanks again for reading my post. Calvin

I wanna RIDE!
You have seen 1 guy have 1 problem with 1 no name chinese dirt bike and you have determined that ALL chinese products are Junk?

Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
There is something to be said for the simple, uncomplicated ATV. Currently I am fortunate enough to have a loaner King Quad and Brute Force 750 sitting in my garage to help me evaluate ATVs for my purchase of a big bore ATV this fall. I had to go out and do some quick chores this morning and hopped on an ATV and guess what I jumped on? An old Honda fourtrax 300. For where I was going and what I was doing the little Honda just felt right.

Heck yeah man, sometime the simple, uncomplicated ATV's are nicer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LOL, I remember as a kid I had a Honda Fourtrax 300, and that was the big dog at the time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Great machine, last an even 10 years and sold it while it was still runnin like a champ.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, can't get much more tempermental than the older 2 stroke Lt50's. They last forever and have good resale and all but let it set around very much
and you will pull your arm out of socket trying to get the little bugger started. The 2006 electric start 4 strokes I am sure are a differnt story. But
I would sure concider the China made mini's if I had to do it all over again.

kvfcal, nice post, LOL, LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Range Rover

Hey there mywifesquad, Yes he is the only one I have see personally but the stories go on and on. I think for the newbee youngsters that like to ride some gravey trails they would be ok. BUt yeah, your darn skippy! I wouldn't recommend one to a 14-15 year old kid you cut lawns in 100 plus heat and unheard of humidity in Bakersfield Ca.
If the kids have parents that can buy them easily and keep them on the trails then Great! But since I seen what I did and watching this kids face grow long after less than 2 hours, These china bikes have left a bad taste in my mouth.
I wish you luck with yours and I hope you never have to load em early because of like problems.
I respect everyones view's on these china bikes and I see lots of folks have them, and have heard better reports about them. But still I am having a hard time letting it go. Since I don't want to offend any of our friends here and yourself in reguards to these machines I will put it behind me and put any negative thoughts I have about them out of mind. Calvin

I WANNA RIDE!

Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Hey there mywifesquad, Yes he is the only one I have see personally but the stories go on and on. I think for the newbee youngsters that like to ride some gravey trails they would be ok. BUt yeah, your darn skippy! I wouldn't recommend one to a 14-15 year old kid you cut lawns in 100 plus heat and unheard of humidity in Bakersfield Ca.
If the kids have parents that can buy them easily and keep them on the trails then Great! But since I seen what I did and watching this kids face grow long after less than 2 hours, These china bikes have left a bad taste in my mouth.
I wish you luck with yours and I hope you never have to load em early because of like problems.
I respect everyones view's on these china bikes and I see lots of folks have them, and have heard better reports about them. But still I am having a hard time letting it go. Since I don't want to offend any of our friends here and yourself in reguards to these machines I will put it behind me and put any negative thoughts I have about them out of mind. Calvin

I WANNA RIDE!
I wouldnt worry too much about offending me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I pretty much agree with your comments on the majority of the Junk coming from China. Just not all of it. The main reason I got involved with Jetmoto is that Eugene(Jetmoto President) really does want to import the best chinese quad/motorcycles some day soon. If he was just trying to make a buck I wouldnt have anything to do with them. I also dont want anyone to think that Jetmoto is the only Chinese brand making good bikes . They are the only one that I have first hand experience with except for my wifes first quad the Yamoto 150.

I see you ride at Gorman. I havnt been there in a few years and have always wanted to go back some time. Hopefully i can make it down there this fall and hook up with you. I really enjoy meeting new people from the forum.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, I remember as a kid I had a Honda Fourtrax 300, and that was the big dog at the time. Great machine, last an even 10 years and sold it while it was still runnin like a champ.

Yes those fourtrax 300s are the most reliable things on the planet, IMO. Mine was 13+ yrs old, and still going like new when i traded it in for a down payment on my Cat. Igot 1500 for it, but to me it was priceless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Range Rover

Hey COOL! I will be out there as much as I can with my family and look forward to meeting you in Hungry Valley. Thanks for your post back and understanding of my opinion. Calvin

Old 08-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
LOL, I remember as a kid I had a Honda Fourtrax 300, and that was the big dog at the time. Great machine, last an even 10 years and sold it while it was still runnin like a champ.

Yes those fourtrax 300s are the most reliable things on the planet, IMO. Mine was 13+ yrs old, and still going like new when i traded it in for a down payment on my Cat. Igot 1500 for it, but to me it was priceless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I know what you mean about those old air cooled honda's, man were they tough. I know I am dating myself a little but my first ATV well ATC back then was a Honda Big RED 200. I road that thing many many many many many a mile, 4 chains and 1 top end rebuild. Then in 86 I got my first quad a Honda Foretrax 250. We sold that old Big RED to a farmer down the road and i bet he used that thing another 10 years. Its know wonder that Honda got there reputation that they thrive on today.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:04 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Hey COOL! I will be out there as much as I can with my family and look forward to meeting you in Hungry Valley. Thanks for your post back and understanding of my opinion. Calvin
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999

Its know wonder that Honda got there reputation that they thrive on today.
I bought that Fourtrax 300 4x4 new back in 88 or 89 I think. The first new ATV I bought when I was like 16 or 17. The only things I have ever had to do to it have been change fluids and general maintenance stuff like bulbs and filters and plugs and such. That and keep tires on it. You can submerge it in a creek – and I do mean submerge so that you have to dive to hook a winch to pull it out- drag it out drain out the water of carb and box, kick it over to blow the water out of the guts and it's good to go. It's a little tank. No belt to get wet no electronics to worry about. Something I tend to worry about with newer machines. That and you are a little less eager to play U-Boat commander with a 10,000 dollar ATV. I was doing it with that Honda within an hour of signing the papers on it.