CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.

He just left Utah today so you will probably have to wait til tomorrow or late tonight. Depends on how early he left. They were having alot of fun up there. Along with the rest of us.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

i hope i can make it up there next year sounds like alot of fun.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Well that was both sides of luck bad and good. This should be a lesson to EVERYONE! If you dont have insurance on your DS....wake up. Ace, you live too close to the border to not have insurance.....there are alot of guys stealing quads and selling them in Mexico. I have a friend who had 2 brand new quads stolen and never recovered. The police said they cant seem to catch them but the word out is that they are in mexico within hours.

Ace you got lucky and I hope you get insurance on your DS ASAP! I have theft on my DS $171 a year (state farm)and if any of you think thats alot, you shouldnt own a quad of this caliber.

Remember your labor hours on the DS (you could have paid for the labor, but you did the labor) and make sure you have them (the court) estimate your labor and parts. Also, what if this person was mashing your shifter without the clutch in and over reving it all the time.....it all has a price ( tranny's arent cheap to split ).

If we all had insurance, we all could sleep a little better at night. "I am not an insurance sales person"

Old 09-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Range Rover

I just saw one go shooting down the road. I wonder??????

Old 09-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

lets here the story aceisback

Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Recovered DS pics

Can't believe how long it takes the law to respond around here. I called daily for six days straight to let the deputy who took the initial report know that I had recovered the bike. Day 7 another deputy shows up and takes all of the information on how I got it back and says he knows the parents of the guy who had it. Going on four days now and no word. He says if any of the missing items are recovered at the home then prosecution should be easy, if not it is my burden to prove cost of replacement and labor.
Tomorrow I am going to try and load it up and go for a ride to see if I can determine if there is any internal damage. Didn't seem to be when I picked it up but it was 1130pm and I didn't get to ride it long. Here are a few pics to let you see what a thrashing she took. Remember, I had it showroom clean and ready for DS Days. And no, the rear tires did not look like that when it left, reason I'm concerned with the ride tomorrow...
I'll update as info comes in.
Thanks again for the offers of rides and the many words of encouragement. Long nights ahead to get her fixed up but I'm just glad she's back.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Ace, link does not go where you wanted it to go...

Old 09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

http://www.putfile.com/aceisback

Anyone know why the link won't work? If you copy and paste the above I believe it will come up, just not sure why the previous link isn't working.

I think I have it working now, from my computer anyway... Let me know please. Thanks
Recovered DS pics

Old 09-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I copied and pasted and got to see the pictures. Thanks for sharing and again I am sorry all that happened to your bike. If you need help with anything just ask I know everyone will pich in. You are a great guy and definately didn't deserve that. The DS Days pictures are good to . Thanks again for sharing all.

Tracy

Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

wow those picture are pissing me off id say get the most you can out of these assh0les parent beacuase thats bullsh1t what they did to your bike and it looks like they were having a burnout contest with those tires. how are you planing on removing the paint from the plastics ive used this stuff called aircraft stripper it will make the paint just bubble off but it will probably ruin your stickers and it you get some on the powedercoating from the frame it will also take it off so if you end up using that stuff take the plastics off before you apply it works great. so how did you get the quad

Quick Reply: STOLEN. DS650. Keep an eye out please.