CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So i used my Radar gun today and...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i used my Radar gun today and...

I used my Radar Gun today for the first time and i can see that it will be very useful as a tuning tool.I made many runs up one of our hills that is moderately steep and about 500 feet long and my best speed was 51 before i had to shut down.I tried going to 16-40 gearing from 15-40 and i only gained 1 MPH so the extra 1MPH was not enough of a gain for me to justify losing my holeshots that i get with 15-40.My best top speed on the flats was 70 MPH and that is with 10 paddle triple buffed tires that probably slow me down some with all the traction that they get.I made a few runs up our longer comp hill and because it was so whooped out the best i could do was 45 MPH at the top.45MPH may not seem like much speed for a drag hill but this hill is very rough at the bottom and very steep so i was pleased with the results.I was surprised to find that the difference from 16-40 gearing to 15-40 was only1 MPH,i thought it would be at least 2 or 3.It is very hard to build speed with all the whoops but it is what we run on here so it will be something that will always be there. After just one time using the Radar Gun i would have to say that it will help in a big way with going up the hill faster because it can give real numbers to look at rather than seat of the pants feel.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe you would be willing to utilize that and help me tune in the carb this weekend??? hint hint....I think that was suttle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Good deal, glad it helped you out....

Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Brent i could do that.Are you talking the 16th or the 17th?

Old 09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I believe we are planning on playing in Winchester both those days. We will be there all day Sat, and out for the morning on Sun.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like the weather will be perfect(a little rain) to try and fill a early Deer tag that i have this weekend.Let me know when you will be coming to Florence next time and i will bring my Radar Gun.How is that stock bore of yours doing???

Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike, thanks for reporting back on your radar gun. Im amazed. Now just let me know where I can buy one just like yours.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

Mike

Will that Radar gun be standard material in your six pack rack? Can't wait to catch up with you the next time we are out there to see what we are doing on the hill. I'm telling you, you will be the most popular guy out there on the hill with you gun, you might think about charging $$'s for a reading...lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
I used my Radar Gun today for the first time and i can see that it will be very useful as a tuning tool.I made many runs up one of our hills that is moderately steep and about 500 feet long and my best speed was 51 before i had to shut down.I tried going to 16-40 gearing from 15-40 and i only gained 1 MPH so the extra 1MPH was not enough of a gain for me to justify losing my holeshots that i get with 15-40.My best top speed on the flats was 70 MPH and that is with 10 paddle triple buffed tires that probably slow me down some with all the traction that they get.I made a few runs up our longer comp hill and because it was so whooped out the best i could do was 45 MPH at the top.45MPH may not seem like much speed for a drag hill but this hill is very rough at the bottom and very steep so i was pleased with the results.I was surprised to find that the difference from 16-40 gearing to 15-40 was only1 MPH,i thought it would be at least 2 or 3.It is very hard to build speed with all the whoops but it is what we run on here so it will be something that will always be there. After just one time using the Radar Gun i would have to say that it will help in a big way with going up the hill faster because it can give real numbers to look at rather than seat of the pants feel.
OH, just to see if my scrawny a$$, makes any difference, we will have to get a reading comparing riders with the same bike....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, give it up where did you get it?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

radioshack 75.00. on sale half off!!

Quick Reply: So i used my Radar gun today and...