CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Clutch Spring Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Clutch Spring Install

Just finished installing my 60% RWR clutch springs and have one quick question, I marked the clutch arm before I removed it, one mark on the side of the clutch arm to line up with a mark on the outer side of the clutch cover and I also marked the top of the clutch shaft and clutch arm. After reinstalling the clutch cover and putting the arm back on, now only the outer cover and arm will line up. Do I need to remove the cluch cover and reset the clutch shaft so it is in the same position on top of the shaft? Seems to be working fine the way it is.

Gav

Old 09-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

No. I have done this three times myself and not once did the reference line meet back up. Just some minor adjustments with the cable may be required to get the lever slack perfect.
Enjoy the ride.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply ACE, This had me worried after I had reassebled everthing, when I thought about it, the clutch shaft has teeth all the way around where it lines up to the actuator so it can be installed in any position. The mark on the outer cover is the important one, for the correct free travel.

On a side note, it was good to hear you have your bike back, must of been a worrying time while it was missing. We have a similar situation here in Australia as far as theft and security goes on. Must have big chains and locks as well as alarms in our garages. You probably have it over there but the latest is GPS tracking, you install a small module on your bike and this can be tracked anywhere in the country if need be, even if it is removed it will show the last place it was, About $900AUS I am told.

Gav