CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

can-am wins

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can-am wins

I started a "AC wins" thread also, so we are both right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

Originally posted by: jengirl
Wow...guys you are getting a little cut throat in here..this is Jennifer Rath for those of you who don't know my nickname of Jengirl

I was directed to this post and thought I would throw my two cents in..yes we were at all ten rounds but we DID NOT race all the races we did not compete in two heat races which we lost some valuable points- you recieve points for every heat race- you race two heats and one main which if you have a"perfect day" the total points won would be 45.

The series breakdown is as follows 1st Rath(Arctic)- 349 pts 2nd Kilby(Can-Am)- 336 3rd Yokley(Suz)332 ..Daryl Rath won the championship on an Arctic Cat...

The WPSA also keep track of individual manufactors points and yes Can Am had the most points- they were ahead one point but that is the combination of all their riders ( Can AM 10 riders and Arctic Cat had 4 )..it would be like saying Doug Gust won the championship...but Honda had the most wins so they win the Manufactors Championship. Championships are Championships and they belong to one guy..sorry but racing is not a team sport..only one guy can win [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For the argument about podiums here are the numbers-

Can AM = 12
Arctic Cat = 8
Suzuki = 6
Kawasaki = 3
Honda = 1

Thats the offical count any question go to WPSA website and all the finals are there.

Ok now before I get all beat up I am not joing this argument about which bike is stronger ...buy what you like they BOTH have their strong points!!
Jen, yes it's true , there is only one Champ and that is your hubby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And for the type of racing he's done in the past, then do what he did there just shows how talented he is. The only point I was making is if you take his 1st race points away in which both Kilby and Yokely were not present, he would of been in 3rd. But thats is what racing is about, making all the races and that is what Rath did. It's also nice to see him getting involved in utility quads as I feel this is a market that is growing big time. Also as a side point, I saw some pics of him on the 700 and yet AC said he was on the 650 H1. What did he race and which one did he like better. Or did AC make his disicion on what to race?

Old 09-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default can-am wins

We did start the year out on a 700 first two rounds and then raced the 650- it was important to ride both bikes to get the most testing and development information as possible- what better test track then the ones those poor guys rode on.

GE -Like you said racing is racing there is no well that race shouldn't have counted and if he would have been there he would have won- trust me I saw those races won and lost within 100 yrds of the finish line- heck if Yokely wouldn't have had such bad luck the last round Kilby never would have caught him in points either-

Your point of taking the first round points because not all racers were there...that would be like saying well Jesse West didn't start until Round 5 and if he wouldn't have missed the first 4 rounds Arctic Cat would have won the Manufactors challenge also-there just is no well if he was there- or he would of won- Can Am raced the season and won the manufactors challenge it should not matter how- how many riders - how many rounds they won Congrats! Nothing should be taken away from them. No more then should any credit not given to Arctic Cat because of maybe if's- Cat won the title!

It was a tough season and the ALL the guys deserve so much credit I am sure none of the racers would argue with me it was the "toughest" racing they have ever done.

It was almost funny as we would go into a new round there was usually one or two fresh faces and sometimes they would never return after a few practice laps...they found out how hard it really was.

Next year could turn out to be a very exciting season!