CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

clash of the titans update page

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clash of the titans update page

Choosetolose04, help me understand the race results. Dax Deroen (yfz) won the Single Cylinder Unlimited Class with a 4.11. Overrated won the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis Class with a 4.5. So based on times Dax would of also won the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis Class if he would of raced in it?

I also see that THEBOM won 4-Stroke OEM Chassis Class. What time did he run? Did THEBOM not run in the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis Class? From what I understand THEBOM had a 830cc OEM Chassis and Overrated has a 720 OEM Chassis?

Just to set the record straight, this post is not ment as smack talk or to fuel any of your fires. I am obviously missing details, but I don't understand how OEM chassis quads are winning agains drag frames in both 2 and 4 stroke classes.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sandaholic, Let me clarify a few things for you and maybe you will get the picture.

You are allowed to move up a class but cannot move down. OEM bikes can run in the Drag Chassis class but Drag Chassis bikes cannot run in the OEM chassis class.

THEBOM has an OEM chassis bike with a Pami 830 on nitrous installed. The best of my recollection is that he was running some 4.5's to beat out Silverbullet's Barker 720 on funny fuel for the win in the OEM Chassis Class.

Dax Deroen won the Single Cylinder Unlimited money class edging out me and Airforceone for the win with a 4.11! (THIS CLASS WAS RUN BEFORE THE 4-STROKE DRAG CHASSIS CLASS)

Dax did not run in the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis class because he had already left the park. It was right at dark when we ran the Drag Chassis class. Overrated's Kenz 720 on alky ran extremely well in the Drag Chassis class and someone said he was running some 4.2's-4.3's with a jockey aboard.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the straight forward answer. My picture is still somewhat blurry. I guess its just because I would think the drag chassis quads would be faster then the OEM chassis quads yet in both 2 and 4 Stroke Drag Chassis Classes, OEM Chassis quads on all motor won.

I guess it shows how little I understand about drag racing, but I would of thought the OEM frame DS 830 with nitrous would be faster then the OEM frame raptor 720 on funny fuel.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Well, we finally made it home, and wow, what a trip. The best part of this whole thing was meeting such good people. Drakester, it was truly an honer to meet you and hang out with you. When Scott came back with my bike after the bad run when my bike failed, it blew me away how you were the first one there to help and try to figure out what the problem was while your bike was still in the class and winning. I have a great respect for you and you will always have a freind in me. Craig (CP Customs) and Guy (fast 69) I want to also thank you guys for helping out when you didnt need to. Thats what makes this sport worth it, when we can pull together and help each other. 1Big, your a very cool guy and it was very nice to meet you aswell. RAWYFZ1973, It was also nice to meet you and hang with ya all weekend. BTW there was no doubt in my mind you were riding Drakesters DS as hard as you could, and did a great job. I think the DS's could have went 1,2,3 in that class if we didnt have our problems. MrMeaner it was good to finally meet you aswell your a class act and your bikes are awsome. It was also nice to meet Dax and family. The first pass I saw Dax make, my jaw hit the ground and I knew he was going to be the one to beat. Congrats on the win. Jeff and Danita congrats on your wins and thanks for everything this weekend, will see you guys soon Im sure.

Last but certainly not least I want to give a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the Spider Family...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].... Scott you did a great job with this event and I for one really appreciate the troulble you went through for everyone at this event. I also want to thank you and Heather for taking us in and giving us a place to stay. You truly are great people and I thank God everyday for your freindship.

I just know Im forgetting some people and Im sorry but it really was an honor to meet everyone there and I hope to see you all soon.

Mark

Old 10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAWYFZ1973
Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Originally posted by: RAWYFZ1973
As usual it was a blast and great to see all the class act people again. I guess I have to appologize to all you DS guys for the mishap against the Finishline YFZ but trust me it wasn't me cause I wanted to beat those guys bad cause they have been at the top at the last couple of clashes if the bike wouldnt have hicupped he would have never caught me. I hope this yamaha guy did you big yellow bus riders justice on a little old stock bore DS. Til next time you guys be safe.
Raw, when u selling that YFZ and buying another DS??
Just as soon as you can buy a DS that weighs as much as a YFZ. But until then my YFZ will have one of those little blue bottles strapped on it that little juice is an awesome feeling.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

I think the event went pretty well overall, good to see everyone again, as always everyone's getting faster, I was just happy to be able to run some 4.6's with my current set-up and had a good time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Sandaholic, Let me clarify a few things for you and maybe you will get the picture.

You are allowed to move up a class but cannot move down. OEM bikes can run in the Drag Chassis class but Drag Chassis bikes cannot run in the OEM chassis class.

THEBOM has an OEM chassis bike with a Pami 830 on nitrous installed. The best of my recollection is that he was running some 4.5's to beat out Silverbullet's Barker 720 on funny fuel for the win in the OEM Chassis Class.

Dax Deroen won the Single Cylinder Unlimited money class edging out me and Airforceone for the win with a 4.11! (THIS CLASS WAS RUN BEFORE THE 4-STROKE DRAG CHASSIS CLASS)

Dax did not run in the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis class because he had already left the park. It was right at dark when we ran the Drag Chassis class. Overrated's Kenz 720 on alky ran extremely well in the Drag Chassis class and someone said he was running some 4.2's-4.3's with a jockey aboard.

Hope this helps.
I missed the last races of the drag frame 4stroke class.(wife needed help) I do know Overrateds bike ran against whiteghost (both of which are Top Secret bikes) for the final round of that class.
Some good racing for sure! The Bom beat my bike by something like 4.53 to 4.57 and silverbullet by .03 of a second in the oem class for mine being third and Silverbullet 2nd.
NO TOP SECRET BIKES WERE RUNNING FUNNY FUEL OR NITROUS.
Methanol with top end lube was it. Anyone can smell the difference.
I haven't decided on a bigger motor or nitous yet.......
My only gripe is that we busted the tranny in our chassis bike tuning Friday. Never made a pass on the real track.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Goodsound DITTO everything you said about me. I cannot come up with any better words than what you said. You and Mandy are very classy people. Your bike ran great! it is unfortunate that you had the NOS problem. I hope we can meet up next year.(P.S. I seen your Cornhuskers won)

BigDSrider and Bro allways good to see you. Thanks very much for the props on my bike. I cant wait for you to get your bike back, that things going to be a beast. We will meet up again and take your bike for a spin.

Mr Meaner great to see you. Thanks alot for your support I really appreciate it. As usual your bike are the best looking bikes around! I sure did miss Pops this time. When you get everything lined out on your bike it is going to be hoss.(P.S. tell Pops I said hello and I hope he gets to feeling better)

I would not been able to even run my bike without the support of Choose, THEBOM, Fast 69, Salyfz, Ubeterun and Airforce1 thanks guys.

Everybody at the Clash were a team and willing help out each other and thats what it is all about!

CED good to see you again I wish you could have run your bike.

Nice to meet SCHOLLE and Overrated both of your bike were running hard.

And last but not least my jockey RAWYFZ1973 my bike could not have made as far as it did without him. He only had 3 test runs on my bike and is not used of racing a DS650 much less than one with NOS and a wheeley bar. I could not have asked for a better result, he rode his butt off! Now if I can get him down to 160lbs.

Thanks to Choose for busting his butt to make this event happen. It is easy to be critical from looking at it from the outside, but the amount of work to do with volume of bikes there is not an easy task. You are never going to make everybody happy at these types of events but i think that all in all everybody had a good time. also thanks to the starting line guys they did a excellent job.

Congradulations to all the winners they deserve it.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I almost forgot about my buddy cc1999, agian its always a pleasure to see you and who knows, if Mrs Goodsound would have had more experience with the lights things might have been different. Also basicbajaX it was nice to meet you. Mechanic, and the Missouri crew it was good seeing you guys again, congrats on your fastest time of the event.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Pap and I made it home without any trouble, 1200 miles and worth every minute of the drive. Amazingly fast 4 strokes this Clash, everyone has cranked it up a notch or three. As always, we had a ball and can't wait for the next event!!

Quick Reply: clash of the titans update page