CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

clash of the titans update page

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clash of the titans update page

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Pap and I made it home without any trouble, 1200 miles and worth every minute of the drive. Amazingly fast 4 strokes this Clash, everyone has cranked it up a notch or three. As always, we had a ball and can't wait for the next event!!
Glad to see you, Goodsound, THE BOM and many others who made the long trip made it home safe.

Also, thanks for the bolts I needed on my Swingarm

Old 10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCHOLLE
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Sandaholic, Let me clarify a few things for you and maybe you will get the picture.

You are allowed to move up a class but cannot move down. OEM bikes can run in the Drag Chassis class but Drag Chassis bikes cannot run in the OEM chassis class.

THEBOM has an OEM chassis bike with a Pami 830 on nitrous installed. The best of my recollection is that he was running some 4.5's to beat out Silverbullet's Barker 720 on funny fuel for the win in the OEM Chassis Class.

Dax Deroen won the Single Cylinder Unlimited money class edging out me and Airforceone for the win with a 4.11! (THIS CLASS WAS RUN BEFORE THE 4-STROKE DRAG CHASSIS CLASS)

Dax did not run in the 4-Stroke Drag Chassis class because he had already left the park. It was right at dark when we ran the Drag Chassis class. Overrated's Kenz 720 on alky ran extremely well in the Drag Chassis class and someone said he was running some 4.2's-4.3's with a jockey aboard.

Hope this helps.
I missed the last races of the drag frame 4stroke class.(wife needed help) I do know Overrateds bike ran against whiteghost (both of which are Top Secret bikes) for the final round of that class.
Some good racing for sure! The Bom beat my bike by something like 4.53 to 4.57 and silverbullet by .03 of a second in the oem class for mine being third and Silverbullet 2nd.
NO TOP SECRET BIKES WERE RUNNING FUNNY FUEL OR NITROUS.
Methanol with top end lube was it. Anyone can smell the difference.
I haven't decided on a bigger motor or nitous yet.......
My only gripe is that we busted the tranny in our chassis bike tuning Friday. Never made a pass on the real track.
Not to start any trouble but when I raced finishline in the oem class the only bikes left in the staging area was the Bom and Silverbullet so doesnt that make finishline 3rd and me 4th if I am wrong someone correct me. I was on the Drakesters stock bore DS with NOS and ran a 4.43 in my race against UBETRUN which I felt was a good time whether it was a legit timing system or not we were happy. But all in all it was a great time and thanks to Jeff (the BOM) the Drakester and myself did way better than we could have ever imagined.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

As I said before Drakesters quad was very impressive. I think it was fast enough to win the class. Some good races at the Clash

Old 10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
As I said before Drakesters quad was very impressive. I think it was fast enough to win the class. Some good races at the Clash
Very true. This bike was extremely impressive to be a full weight 650 stock bore. It was hauling the mail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Well it's good to be back!!!

First I want to thank the Lord for a good and safe weekend.

My wife is still floating around on getting a win this weekend in the 4x4 class. When every bike in the class is an Outy 800's to race, it's tuff!!! Good to see cc1999 and Dad make the trip.

It was a great weekend . Cream of the crop racers. I never have seen so many Yam's in one place and all so fast. I had to work most of Fri trying to get my combo right on my dune bike to run in the oem frame class. Either too high a gear or too little tire. Or vice a versa??? I was just blessed to win over the Silver Builit, which is always fast.

The drag frame bikes were there in force. I was trying a new trans and motor out and wasn't sure of the set up. I race close in the money class with Airforce1 in the semi's. Very good race. Then Dax made some very fast passes and won the money class. Congradulations to Dax and crew.

My friend Matt (from MO) with a Banshee 4mm 2stroke took the oem class and almost the drag frame class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] GO MO !!! LOL

The drag frame 4 stroke class , we should have never tried to run. We should have voted to run it the next day. It was so dark, It was like running into a cave. I pulled to the line knowing I had no business even trying to race. I launched the bike and about 30 ft it stumbled ,so I clutched and coasted to a stop and worked on trying to get back to my spot on the side lines. It was kind of a relief not have to even try to race in the dark. Till I read this , I had know idea who had even one.

Also good to see the DS's hold there own. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just a little more tuning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think Mark and Mandy from NE was one of the long distance drivers too!!

Thanks Scott for doing the foot work and Dennis for having a great race. I know there was lots of workers also to make this happen. Thanks also.

It was good to see all the faces and names that make this sport great. This is what it's all about. I can't wait till the next big race.

J Ross

Old 10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, Jeff tell the misses congrats again on her win.

My guys at Nmotion think its just the rockers making that knock in my motor, likely the valves are now seated well and making the lifters rattle. They think the motor is likely ok, so with any luck I will have some practice with it by the spring and be ready to give it another try. I hope to get some practice on the lights too, at Cowtown with you and misses in the spring when they start the monthly races back up. Thanks again for hosting my dad and I at your trackside tent. It was great seeng you an your wife along with the Goodsounds. I wish we could have hung around a little longer we were both wanting to watch you guys run, But it was after 2 and we had a least 8hrs of drive time to get back to my dads home in NW AR. So we had to get on the road. It was a last minut, fast and furious trip for me, I picked my MAX up at Nmotions at 6pm thursday just as they finished up getting the wet system on it, and headed for AR to stay over at my dads and then on to the clash from there.

Goodsound, hope your move is going well.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CC1999, we are more than humbled to have you and your dad in attendance at this event. I had several people ask me if you were gonna be there. I was so glad when I seen you and pops sitting on the sidelines. THanks for coming and we hope to see you again in the future.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone got any videos or pics they can post?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I put some up on Planetsand.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

My pops wants video bad. This is one of the first rides I went to without him

Quick Reply: clash of the titans update page