CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

clash of the titans update page

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clash of the titans update page

Congrats to all!!!! Goodsound, I hope your bike isn't hurt. Maybe it was a sticky solonoid again? Mine will be running again in a couple weeks, Low compresssion pump gas motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope to be at Genoa soon.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No update on ubet's two raptors?

Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry about not giving an update last night.

Great finally getting back to watch some drag racing. Been since Planet Sand. Meet afew new faces and a bunch of old friends. Goodsound and BasicBajax were two of the new faces, nice to meet both of u and hopefully we will get to do some racing and more b.s.' next time.

Alot of old faces were there, The Bom, Ced, Meaner, Drakester, Rawyfz, Fast69, Bob Craycraft, Choose, Scholle, Whiteghost, SilverBullet, Overated, Dollar, and many others. Its hard to remember everyone, so if I forgot any please excuse me.

Sorry about giving the bad info on Dax bike. I told Sandbomber that it was a Raptor Motor, The frame he was using was the same bike that Finishline Racing used there Raptor motor in at Planet Sand. Just didnt get to look at it up close when it was flying by me at 60+ on the track.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Very fast running bike needless to say.

Some truely sick running quads were there. The most impressive in my mind had to be Drakesters stock bore stock frame nos DS. Not alot of people have heard of him, but is a real class act and a straight shooter. Hes been around the drag racing seen around Louisiana and Texas for a few years and his bike just gets faster each time out.
This bike is just about full weight with minor lightening on the bike. Running some very respectable numbers from what I was told. He went three rounds deep into the stock chassis class before the bike hiccuped at half track. The pilot Rawyfz let off the throttle while out ahead of the other bike by a couple of lengths because of the hiccup. (Leave it too a Yamaha guy to throw the race to another Yamaha guy)LMAO!!!!! This quad probably could have made the finals against Jeff or Silver without the problem. Congrads to Drakester on a heck of a build.

Congrads go out to all the winners for do a tremendous job. Jeffs Utility bike with his wife on it upset several unsuspecting sport quads in the morning test period. She can drive and is good on the lights. Jeffs, stock chassis 830 on nos was running straight and took home the trophy in the class very quick bike. Dax's yfz speaks for itself, it just went out there and won. Hes been competetive at all the Clashes and other events but just didnt have enough. But this year that changed, He took it to the next level.

There were alot of bikes that didnt get to run, but thats racing, and all of them will be back better and stronger the next time out. Fast69's bike broke the wheelie bar so was unable to run in the races, Airforce one had to do an engine change late Friday night,(heard the cases were torn up). Top Secrets big bike dropped a tranny, but the talk was its going to be a contender down the road. Ubets, drag chassis was there but I never got to see it run, (several riders that were out there on Friday said when it was going down the track it looked like the front end was dancing away from the rest of the bike).

Good day for racing and cant wait to make the next one.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

As usual it was a blast and great to see all the class act people again. I guess I have to appologize to all you DS guys for the mishap against the Finishline YFZ but trust me it wasn't me cause I wanted to beat those guys bad cause they have been at the top at the last couple of clashes if the bike wouldnt have hicupped he would have never caught me. I hope this yamaha guy did you big yellow bus riders justice on a little old stock bore DS. Til next time you guys be safe.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: FGR
Originally posted by: BBIII
Originally posted by: Benwa450r
from trackside....

Sid... AKA salyfz took home the trophy in the bolt-on class... with some questionable bikes running. Hats off to Sid and Four Guys Racing.
What time's where the yfz's running out there?

Questionable bike's?

yfz times? Who cares!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just kidding BBIII

Yeah, what were the questionable bikes?
BBIII, the winner of the bolt-on bike ran a best of 4.98 and it is truly a pipe, carb & cdi.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Questionable bikes were wheelie bars and nitrous bottles in the bolt-on class. But, I want to say Congratulations to Salyfz for his outstanding reaction time on the tree. He certainly killed the cheaters on the light. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks Benwa450R.........you got that damn Honda running pretty good also!

Thanks for the complements Scott! My bike has a pipe and filter but, stock carb and stock cdi.
Also thanks for having them groom the track for the finals, I'm sure that had allot to do with the time I ran!

You did one heck of a job, thanks! The Spiderbike was the fastest I've ever seen it, by far! Making it to the final four in the unlimited single cylinder drag chassis class was pretty damn impressive! The racing was unbelieveably close in this class!

RAWYFZ1973 had Drakester's bike rolling and so was Goodsounds with Choose on it! Both of these bikes were full weight DS's.......Very impressive!

Thebom and his wife are a class act! Congrads on the OEM chassis and Utility 4x4 win! Man those big 4x4's haul it!

I was camping with Fast69 and his wheelie bar did indeed break. We noticed it while sitting in the staging lanes. That was a stroke of luck because it would have been ugly if he lauched that beast with a broken wheelie bar! I believe he had a little something for the OEM class, but it just wasn't in the cards this time!

I met so may good people at this event that there's no way I could name them all.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:16 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I posted a bunch of pic's on Planetsand.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

It was good seeing everyone again, hope everyone makes it home safe and sound. It was a fast trip for me, I had a good time, wished my quad had been running better but oh well thats racing. Congrats to all the winniners. Thanks to mrs goodsound for fielding my other Outy to a second place finish. I hope to see everyone again in the spring.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAWYFZ1973
As usual it was a blast and great to see all the class act people again. I guess I have to appologize to all you DS guys for the mishap against the Finishline YFZ but trust me it wasn't me cause I wanted to beat those guys bad cause they have been at the top at the last couple of clashes if the bike wouldnt have hicupped he would have never caught me. I hope this yamaha guy did you big yellow bus riders justice on a little old stock bore DS. Til next time you guys be safe.
Raw, when u selling that YFZ and buying another DS??

Old 10-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Originally posted by: RAWYFZ1973
Raw, when u selling that YFZ and buying another DS??
Just as soon as you can buy a DS that weighs as much as a YFZ. But until then my YFZ will have one of those little blue bottles strapped on it that little juice is an awesome feeling.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hey choose;

What times was Mrs. Bomb, running in the ute class.

Would like to bring the 900 to one of your races,

wondering how bad she would put us on the trailer....lol

Quick Reply: clash of the titans update page