CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In the Sand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the Sand....

I hear you. They make good stuff and Eric is one smart cookie. I found a TM45 for 200 once and bought it tons of stock stuff to keep for spares. I bought some Web cams also for cheap. Well Ill try to make a list since Mr Nut is so interested in what I have to say and Ill try to keep it in the budget
Wood CDI- ebay 200 Ive bought 3 for that and you didnt mention a CDI
12/1-160.00 you said
Head port with big valves 1000.00
cams-250.00
shim unders-350 you said
paddles-300.00 you said
endcap-????
intake ported-50.00
filter 40.00 you said
520 kit-120.00 you said
coolant and oil and filter yea yea what 30 or 40
Head studs NO!
Brake line on stocker will work just reroute
No NOS I think this quad would be fast if setup correctly
Its my opinion

Old 11-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.
Default In the Sand....

you guys forgot to mention valve springs, as far as shim under bucket goes, you can get by with out it.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Mako, just remember there are many ways to get to where you want to go with the ds with the budget you have to work with. There will be many opinions as to what makes the most power for the buck.

But one fact still remains, I took the stock DS motor to places NOBODY has even taken it with just pure setup.

Good Luck.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
WOW your knowlege is really impressive. I have the right to. How old are you anyway you better get to bed. It will be hard to get up and go to school tomorrow. You gave your opinion now go away.

AHKN

Id go with #4 by the way

I didn't want this jewel of a post to be edited away.

Just to be clear, this acronym "AHKN" is you calling me an "A$$ Hole Know Nothing". That was #4 on my list of possibilities and you just said to go with #4 in this post.

Am I correct in how I am understanding your comments? Or would you like to take this opportunity to revise them? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Goodsound - What makes you think it is right to call me names if I choose not to agree with you on a setup and the prices? What kind of world is it if we can't share a difference of opinion civilly? I wasen't even pushing a brand........I simply put down the brand new prices of the least expensive performance parts I knew of and couldn't see how you will get the power you need to compete with these other bikes on our race hills.........that I race all the time.......with a DS!

You cannot extrapelate the successes you have on the flat to the hill any more than I can extrapelate what works on the hill to be effective on the flat. Bone stock the DS does great on the flat. On the hill the combination of weight and really long ratios between gears means you have to make a lot more hp to compete. Ask YFZfryguy how much I had to do to keep up with him on a bolt-on YFZ.........with off the shelf parts! I finally went to a 730 kit and HR4 cams and we would tie on our really short comp hill and I would pull him by a little on the main hill.........

On the flats i would annhilate him. I didn't run with the Banshee's that run our hills until I shoe horned the 800 motor in........of course then I was half hilling 450's and Raptor 700's but still getting beat more often then not by our local Banshee group.

We are just talking shop here. Why attack me over it?

Thanks,

Ron

Old 11-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Default In the Sand....

Im sorry Ron, but you are mistaken. I didnt call you any names, Ive told you before, thats not my style. Your guess with #4 is wrong. AHKN is just a harmless, playing around thing. Its a inside joke that doesnt have any thing to do with you. Please, Im asking you to quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. I dont understand why your so ready for me to call you names or do or say anything bad about you.

I actually thought #12 was the best one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Because its been too quiet in here and wants the banter to show he is more intelligent than us and get the final last word in.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Maybe this is a case of misinterpretation.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Im sorry Ron, but you are mistaken. I didnt call you any names, Ive told you before, thats not my style. Your guess with #4 is wrong. AHKN is just a harmless, playing around thing. Its a inside joke that doesnt have any thing to do with you. Please, Im asking you to quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. I dont understand why your so ready for me to call you names or do or say anything bad about you.

I actually thought #12 was the best one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Either i misunderstood your's and Meaners comments or I understood them correctly. If we are friends as you say, why did you share my PM to you with Meaner and why did you choose to not respond to my question about your comment if you thought I might misunderstand it. Why did Meaner say I was right about the "A$$ Hole Know Nothing" one?

All I am asking is if I misunderstood, why don't you clarify it for me now that you see how i could take this the way I did?

I think a clarification in private or on the phone would save this thread from more unnecessary drama...........

I am glad you you liked #12![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I liked "Always Happy Kissing Nurses" myself, lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Maybe this is a case of misinterpretation.

Quick Reply: In the Sand....