CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In the Sand....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the Sand....

I shared it with Meaner because I thought your guesses were funny. Meaning I got a kick out of them. I didnt think it was any sort of private information. If it was I apoligize.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: Goodsound
I shared it with Meaner because I thought your guesses were funny. Meaning I got a kick out of them. I didnt think it was any sort of private information. If it was I apoligize.
You got on me really hard awhile back for even coming close to sharing something you told me in private. I would expect the same respect.

They were funny and they were intended that way. Yet look how it was used..............

Why don't you call me. I sent my number in a PM.......or send me your number and I will call you. I would like to work this out but the meaning of the comments is not being explained. Simply saying i misunderstood is not going to cut it. I want to know what you meant so I know why I misunderstood.

Partly because I want to know if this is important to anyone except me.............

Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Wow nut it drives you crazy not to be in the loop. #4 was my opinion and he just thought your guesses were funny. I hope he doesnt waste his time calling you. You are how you are and everyone knows god does everyone know.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

I would never edit a reply to you.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
Wow nut it drives you crazy not to be in the loop. #4 was my opinion and he just thought your guesses were funny. I hope he doesnt waste his time calling you. You are how you are and everyone knows god does everyone know.
Shhhh dont call him GOD, he might believe it

Old 11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

Meaner,

On the contrary I am simply finding out if being friends is what everyone wants or not. I want that and that is why I am investing this time and energy. You have made your opinion of me quite clear. I don't know what "loop" you are referring to. I don't actually care what your "inside joke" means. That is none of my business. I am simply interested in the motives of the people behind it and what their intentions were. It helps me to know who I can trust. What is happening right now is we are seeing how flimsy or strong our unity as a DS group is. If all it takes is a difference of opinion on the actual cost of a simple build to cause us to take up arms, that either means we don't all want unity or we are seeing just how far we have yet to go to have unity in the first place. I know you have a personal problem with me, even though we have never met nor done any business together. I am not as concerned about you. Mark and Scott on the other hand have been working with me to try and curb this very type of conversation for some time and I feel like they both left the effort by the wayside over such an insignificant issue............of course I am going to follow up on that because they both matter to me.

You do to. When you decide you are done holding this grudge, let me know. I'm not going anywhere and I am happy to be friends.

I said my piece about this subject. I will simply wait and see what happens.

Ok - Back to the subject.................

Those video's of me racing against 450's over at boxcar that are posted on On-Dunes that the thread originator referred to were of an HPR 730 kit with mostly shelf other componentry. I had about $6k to $7k into motor and chassis parts to get it to run like that. It didn't have their head or it would have revved out farther with more power but it ran pretty good all the same.

I don't know what everyone is considering the definition of "run with" to be. That could be anything from winning by a tire 25% of the time all being close races to winning most of the time.

I personally don't like winning by a tire. I like to pull at least 2 lengths consistently on a similar bike. When you watch those videos you will see that I don't lead with authority until the last fifty feet of the hill. It took a light weight axle, 520 conversion, lightened flywheel and the DS overall lightened to about 450 lbs wet and a 75 hp 730 to barely stay even with those guys until half hill. After that I started pulling away. That was at 2.5 times the budget being discussed.

All I am saying is if this guy goes out because of this discussion, buys a DS and puts only $2500 into it (which is basically a Ron Wood stage 2), he is not going to have a good hill drag bike. He will have a comfy, strong dune machine.

I couldn't care less about winning an argument on this. I hope if he goes for this because of your counsel that you follow through and help him get all this performance for $2500.

Good Luck Mako!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

AHKN

Old 11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

It has nothing to do with how strong the DS community is. It just has to do with you annoying the crap out of people. I have made it clear how I feel about you and I wont loose any sleep over it. In fact I dont know why Im replying to you anyway. You just keep on believing or trying to make everyone else think you are in it for the good of the community. For the last time I have no grudge I just get tired of the your finger nails on the chalkboard of the DS forums. I've already decided not to do this anymore with you. I dont have the time or desire. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM NOR HAVE I EVER EVEN HAD WORDS WITH THEM. Wow now do you feel special Im done

Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

I will put stock in the opinions of people who have met me and in those who have done business with me.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default In the Sand....

You guys finally come to some sort of conclusion.............?

Quick Reply: In the Sand....