CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing

Wow nice build. Have you got to ride it much to see the difference ?

Old 03-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with the Oldman, ride and enjoy. I know from personal experience the smile it will provide. Mine is over a year old and still fun. Headsup, I recommend building one. Just take the time like Erbe and do a good job. We all heard the poor reliability issues with 730's. Like anything, do the best you can the first time.

By the way, OMR, will your carb mods work with the stronger signal of a 730? That will be my only other mod to mine.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I've been really watching Scooby's progress to see what kind of luck he's been having with his over-bored stock cylinder on that turbo.

But, I dont think he's really put that cylinder under a stressful load as of yet.

We will be spraying some serious nitrous through this beast, so reliability will be a must.

Guess we will just see how this next motor runs......first.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

&lt;blockquote&gt;Quote
Originally posted by: pipelayer
YEP [img][/img] more to be had</end quote></div>

No not really, the ideal was to build a cost effective torque monster dunner, not a fire breathen top end machine, between the builder and the folks that dynoed I have room to increase some more torque, I have plenty of flow from the air tube filter intake carb ported intake head and exhaust, the short duration on teh cams create some good torque, I would like to see anotehr 8ft lbs if it can be done.</end quote></div>

Well the need for more torque has gotten back in my head, The ERBE01RACING cams worked great, now Im ready for ERBE02RACING cams, there the same lift 435, but 10deg more duration, looking for another 800 - 1000 rpm with my system and more MIDRANGE!
Should be ready soon, and ill write up how they do, they will be soon dynoed after a run
WEB is great they will help you design cams for YOUR riding needs

Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OMR

Congratulations on your project.
Your torque of 54 may be closer to 56 with dyno tires. I would like to make some oldman comments, so please do not get mad at me, OK.
Torque is the output of size of motor and psi generated by the dynamic compression.
Has you approach 90 to 100 V.E. the final torque is reached and from that point on, all you really do is move that torque to a different range depending on application. What I am stating is that you have reached the maximum torque you are going to reach and by putting in a longer duration cam, may increase hp, but raise the rpm range from 7900 to a higher range, giving more hp, but torque cannot increase. The penalty sometimes is that hp goes up and torque goes down.
This is a single cylinder motor, and power dropping off fast, after peaking, is actually normal.
Would of been nice to see a dyno run between your Big Gun and the RW exhaust.
It is time to ride the beast and let the grin on your face tell you where you need to adjust.
Long term I feel the next generation of dual exhausts system are where the broader torque curves will come from.
Ride and have fun, you have been waiting along time to enjoy. Thanks for sharing your dream and allowing this oldman to advise when asked.

OMR</end quote></div>

OMR is right, thats another reason to chat with WEB if yoru looking for HP or Torque, 10 degs (not telling which way im going on the intake and exhast yet) if done correcty with the valve size and porting and the 720cc and compression of a 13 to 1 piston all come to effect the power curve, the ERBE01s will work well in more of a lower compression motor 11:5 to 1 than the 13 to 1, still im excited to play with a new set, and worse case, if I dont like the 02s, I can go back to the 01s.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Sounds good. Just to compare #s Erbe My HPR 730 made over 80 hp on an independent dyno last weekend in 105 degree weather.

What ever happened with scooby's sleeve. Someone said he blew his motor up. Must be the top end I assume.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OMR

Congratulations on your project.
Your torque of 54 may be closer to 56 with dyno tires. I would like to make some oldman comments, so please do not get mad at me, OK.
Torque is the output of size of motor and psi generated by the dynamic compression.
Has you approach 90 to 100 V.E. the final torque is reached and from that point on, all you really do is move that torque to a different range depending on application. What I am stating is that you have reached the maximum torque you are going to reach and by putting in a longer duration cam, may increase hp, but raise the rpm range from 7900 to a higher range, giving more hp, but torque cannot increase. The penalty sometimes is that hp goes up and torque goes down.
This is a single cylinder motor, and power dropping off fast, after peaking, is actually normal.
Would of been nice to see a dyno run between your Big Gun and the RW exhaust.
It is time to ride the beast and let the grin on your face tell you where you need to adjust.
Long term I feel the next generation of dual exhausts system are where the broader torque curves will come from.
Ride and have fun, you have been waiting along time to enjoy. Thanks for sharing your dream and allowing this oldman to advise when asked.

OMR</end quote></div>

I agree as well, We dopped a bigger cam and lost TQ but gained HP peak till 10k.

Its hard to pull out more ponies when your close to 95-100% VE. Then there is the task of seeing where the curve needs to be. I always likes a early peaking tq curve to push more paddle and use less rpm. But the big cam curve is great for high rpm launching and makes more tq longer but when falls down below the power on the left side it seems to not rev as fast. This is why I personally like the torqy cams with the duall carb for a combo.

Erbe- What other carbs are you going to try?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

Sounds good. Just to compare #s Erbe My HPR 730 made over 80 hp on an independent dyno last weekend in 105 degree weather.

What ever happened with scooby's sleeve. Someone said he blew his motor up. Must be the top end I assume.</end quote></div>

I dont think his motor is sleeved, just bored to 105 and nikosil'd. Could be wrong though.

He poped it in Genoa acouple weeks ago. We're guessing its the head gasket. At about 250ft, a cloud of white smoke came out.

Mario, how many paddles and what roll out are you running on that 80hp bad boy?

Old 06-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Next time out I will be running 16 paddle extreme 80 ish roll out.

We spun the 12 paddle extremes like nothin. We need 14-16 paddle for motor and more for nos. But we will have to dropp paddle accordingly with no wheely bar.

BTW Preacher said he just built a real big motor.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Im running the TM48

Quick Reply: 720 Aluminum Bore Build Costing