CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

so who is building what ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so who is building what ???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] kiss this thread goodbye....

Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dznutz
alright ladies im gonna have to put you all in a time out,LOL how about we corn hole nut[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lol, there is only one guy I know who has room.......but not for long! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] kiss this thread goodbye....
Oh, calm down Gregg! You jump on people's azz all the time. When it comes back to you, take it like a man!

Again, not only was this last lengthy post of yours all speculation about what you THINK would happen but you are also making claims of which you have no track record to back up. You didn't put more than a few hours on the turbo busa DS before you sold it. It will be awhile before you have enough hours on one to claim it will be reliable for years with credibility.

I don't ever intend to add power adder to an R1 motor. I don't know where you got that idea. They have enough power to overcome an ATV chassis N/A if you gear and tire it aggressively. I did say at one point that I thought you could safely add a 50 shot to an R1 motor and all you would need to do is drop compression. 50 shot is not pushing limits on a 1000cc 4cyl and should be fine.......regardless, i have never done that and that was speculation on my part. Well, i am going riding today for the long weekend.

dznutz - I hear I won't be able to outrun you soon......lol. I am going to have to be a little more careful what I say to you! LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't get discouraged, Gregg. i was mostly just funnin' with ya'! lol

YOu might find this interesting. There is a guy in Portland that is designing a twin turbo R1 right now. He is replacing pistons and rods and is shooting for 300 rwhp.

I think it is an aggressive effort but i am not going to disrespect him. I want to know if it works. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

well why would he need 2 turbos, pistons and rods to shoot for 300hp when jed is getting 260 out of a single turbo stocker everyday all day long?? ? well hell , as everyone knows, the MIGHTY R1 is very capable of making 2 or 3 thousand ponies if you just run premium fuel and synthetic oil. thats why they are the first choice for all top fuel drag bikes and why 2 R1's are whats now powering the space shuttle . of course those engines in the space shuttle run on clean burning vaseline petroleum jelly.....

Old 02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
well why would he need 2 turbos, pistons and rods to shoot for 300hp when jed is getting 260 out of a single turbo stocker everyday all day long?? ? well hell , as everyone knows, the MIGHTY R1 is very capable of making 2 or 3 thousand ponies if you just run premium fuel and synthetic oil. thats why they are the first choice for all top fuel drag bikes and why 2 R1's are whats now powering the space shuttle . of course those engines in the space shuttle run on clean burning vaseline petroleum jelly.....

All I can say is Wow! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

The R1 isn't better than a Busa, but it has it's own value and there is a place for it in the market.

Nuff said.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bahahahaha!!!

The deal was about the R1 being weak. So what difference does it matter if its only cranking out 300 hp at the crank? It still shows its not weak!
As for a twin turbo R1, it is not necessary. The turbo I run is capable of 25 psi! Thats nearly 400 hp!! Mine will be there one day, maybe next year, with only rods, pistons, hd studs, and a 60 shot of noss on top of it. Its been done, and they handle it well.

Did you know that every single asphalt drag record, grass drag record, top speed record, etc.. on snowmobiles is held by an R1 powered snowmobile?

Not to mention, it dont need its first valve adjustment until 20,000 miles! Bet it dont ever see that.

Now nowhere do I mention the Busa not being stronger built, as I agree it is. But the Cummins is stronger built than the Duramax, and the Duramax still gets the job done.
I have never needed to take any street bike engine apart before, so I have not. I bought an R1 powered machine, so it saved me from having to do any work!! man I crack my self up, bahaha!!

And sheesh Greg, no reason to get all huffy, I like this argument. Right or wrong, I still know enough about them to argue with you about em!
However, I'm outa here for the weekend, Nut take care of business!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

can one of you girls increase the boost on my 1235cc turbo charged honda. im ashamed becouse im only pulling 165 horse power at the rear impellar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]LOL whos ready for some zanax .

Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

guess Im tired of having the same conversation over and over, and again, you guys do what you want but do you know why turbo companies are not making a kit for the r1 motor cycle? just got off the phone this morning with the largest manufacturer of motorcycle turbo kits in the country and he told me that there is a price you pay for having a light little engine, its light but you lose durability and strength and the R1 will make 300hp but would grenade on a daily basis, cranks , rods, are to light and the tranny is also way to tiny.(which is basically what I have been telling you guys all along) I know from experience that the clutches on r1's are also very marginal with stock hp. there is a difference when you start taking snowmobiles . your motor jed is basically rev limited by your clutching and will basically never see 14k rpm unles for some reason you choose to be at wide open throttle while in mid air. also you have NO transmission or multi plate wet clutch to worry about. still, untill you drag your sled on the dyno and show me your dyno chart Im going to still say finding 260 hp anywhere on your machine is BS and just exagerated numbers used to sell expensive turbo kits. also , yes the r1 has its value and for its intended use it works fine but when you start pumping them up you will be moving dangerously close to the edge of disaster. do you guys have any idea how many r1's were sold last year in the US? 2500 total . yamaha and honda are the read headed step children of the motorcycle industry where streetbikes engines and making big power is concerned . Kawasaki and suzuki have always been the powerplants of choice by anyone wanting to make big power with a bike engine. put that in your pipe and smoke it.... instead of that crack you 2 are obviously smoking which is obviously imparing your thinking

Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

how about installing the k14. that was kawis answer to the busa, i know it out performed the busa on the strip, they said that the busa was gonna come out with something this year to outrun the k14. just wondering

Quick Reply: so who is building what ???